2011 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

the best sedan for the money in it's class

By on Monday, April 06, 2015

Pros: "european build quality, price, gas mileage"

Cons: "the base 2.0 engine is underpowered"

"I choose the Jetta because of build, price and warranty (at the time the warranty was 3years with service), the handling is good and the engine keeps me with all city traffic. My mileage has been better than the epa estimate, and I cruise at 75 with no problem. As a previous VW owner, 65'Beetle and 77' Sirocco, I am just as pleased with the Jetta. In fact, the only other car that has been this balanced and reliable and has great dealer response was my 72' Datsun 510, which set a standard that has been hard to match. I plan to upgrade to the GLI or GTI in another year. I highly recommend the Jetta as a best buy for compact sedans. P.S. the Jetta has the same interior volume as the C class Mercedes-Benz."

Car has a lot of electrical problems Lemon car

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "great gas"

Cons: "not a tough car I feel like it can break any time"

"We have had this car for 2 years it has devaluated so fast and it's has given so much problems with electrial. I know people are very happy with their Jettas it's sad that we have had such bad experience. We Want get rid of it soon. Their customer service was great."

4th Volkswagen I have owned. 2nd GLI I have owned

By on Sunday, July 19, 2015

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "sub-woofer rattles in trunk"

"Love every Volkswagen I have ever owned, always fun yet efficient and has lots of room for whatever I need to take with me. Highly recommend any Volkswagen to everyone, especially the Jetta GLI."

I like this vehicle a lot. Best VW ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

"This is my 4 VW vehicle. The previous cars were the Passat model which I liked too. However this vehicle is the best of all VW models I have owned. One reason is the Diesel Engine and the Automatic Transmission, which is very smooth and precise."

a great all rounder

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "great fuel economy, good handling, spacious"

Cons: "center console intrudes on legroom"

"I've owned this car for 2.5 years and put 47K miles on it, in Indiana, Illinois, California and New York. Overall, this is a great car for many reasons: 1) The fuel economy is very good, even though you pay the extra 10-20% for diesel. I get the EPA numbers, 30 city and 42 highway. On long trips on level terrain, I get 46-48 if I drive 60-65mph, but on average on level and hilly terrains, while driving 70-75, I get the EPA rated 42. 2) The car handles very well. The hydraulic assisted steering is tight at slow speeds, but it still has very good feedback, enabling me to drive confidently on winding roads. There is some body lean on the corners while turning, but I guess it is unavoidable for a car of this size at this price point. 3) It is quite spacious. Not as big as a Passat, but it can easily and comfortable carry four people. It also has a pretty good trunk. 4) The interior is functional, with the essential stuff. It is one area where the car can improve. 5) The seats, however are comfortable, even on long trips. I've never had back problems in this car, even while driving up to 12 hours a day. Overall, I'd highly recommend the Jetta Diesel with Premium Package. This review is for that trim line."