2011 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 285 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great fun car

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Cost of driving is low, great pep and fun to drive"

Cons: "No real leather or power seat option"

"I drive over 5000 miles per month and have not had any problems. The fuel cost is still less than 10 cents per mile even though diesel is much higher than gasoline. The car handles great and is fun to drive in all road and weather conditions. I tried hybreds but did not like the handling and performance. This car has super pep considering it has a 2 liter four, it certainly performs as well as my 6-cylinder Lexus"

The Frugal Man's (or Women's) Audi

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "So fun to drive, fantastic MPG, comfort, sporty!"

Cons: "Wish the SE had navigation and Fender sound system"

I call him The Red Baron...or sometimes Dieter. :)

"I adore my car. I have a 2014 Jetta SE with connectivity and a sunroof, so I got the one with the updated engine and suspension but not the slightly redesigned front grill that the 2015 has. It took me a while to narrow down cars. I didn't want a vehicle with a CVT and I had good luck with my 1998 VW New Beetle, so I started thinking about returning to Volkswagen. Originally I had my eye on the VW CC but after driving a Honda Accord coupe with a low roof for 10 years and seeing a CC parked next to it with the same sloping low roofline, I decided I wanted more room. I test-drove a Jetta and a Passat during a dealer visit and fell in love with both, but decided the Passat was just too much car for my basic needs; the Jetta was the right size and more sportier. It's one of those cars that looks better up close and in person than in photographs at certain angles. The overall design, apart from the front grill, actually reminds me a lot of its more expensive cousins, the Audi A3 and A4. There's a picture online showing the Jetta and the Audi A4 side profiles and it's hard to tell them apart. It's hard to believe that other reviewers can say this is an uncomfortable car to drive with poor visibility. I find the leatherette seats very comfortable and the ride extremely smooth...going over bumps compared to the rough riding Honda coupe I had previously owned is much easier to take. The room in the back seat of this car is amazing--I would imagine someone 6' or a bit taller would find it comfortable. The trunk is also huge...and yet the car is still considered a compact size; at least, I find it easy to park and back out of spaces. My gas mileage is outstanding. I think I'm averaging around 37-38 mpg and that's with mixed highway and city driving. I also haven't had to add any oil to the engine. The dashboard design is austere and German, but I love it that way...other car brands really go overboard with buttons, knobs, and unnecessary doodads. The radio system in my Honda was a bit crisper, and I wish my SE came with the Fender audio that the SELs get but it still sounds nice and I can't complain. I love having Sirius. I have a cream interior in my car and that makes a huge difference with the dashboard and interior, as it's really two toned compared to the staunch all black interior. With no kids or dogs I don't have to worry about it getting too dirty. My dealer also gave me Monster Mats for the winter months for free. Speaking of winter, I have yet to drive the car in snow...but in the rain, even heavy downpours and going through puddles, I feel safe and it hugs the road. 170 hp may not sound like much, but I find the turbo engine fast with little lag, and don't feel any difference in getting up to speed compared to the 240 hp in my Honda. I read somewhere that VW and Audi tend to underrate the power of their engines. I also have zero qualms about the car being made in Mexico. There's a video on YouTube of the Puebla VW plant and it's pretty clear the company oversees everything...even the car parts located nearby are German companies. This is a very solid feeling car and the doors slam with a heavy "thunk" when you shut them! Besides, I plan on sticking to the maintenance schedule (which is every 10,000 miles/year) and keeping my baby for as long as possible."

I call him The Red Baron...or sometimes Dieter. :)

Great car.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"One of the most fuel efficient vehicles on the road. Recent trip from mich to Florida. I 75 driving At 70 mph. Got 55 mpg. Only thing I have a problem with is the navigation system. But them I'm not a big tech person Overall my jetta premium tdi with navi for the k Last two years. Has been fantastic"

excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mileage, 0 problems"

Cons: "too much road noise, difficult heat knobs"

"I have owned two Mercedes. This VW is more reliable, far better fuel economy, at about half the price. It is not as quite and the ride is a little worse than Mercedes, but I can find no good reason to go back to Mercedes."

Had this car two weeks today

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, interior, sleek exterior"

Cons: "Slow response on throttle"

"I bought my jetta to replace my 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4dr. I needed something safe and better on gas. I am pleased with the gas mileage. I used to get 400 miles on my 22 gallon jeep. Now I get around 415miles on my 14 gallon VW! So much better. I am averaging around 30 MPG city, on the interstate I was pushing 45 MPG. I got the SE edition (Black w/ tan leather) with bluetooth, Sirius Radio, heated seats and ipod hook up in the glove box. I am pleased with my purchase and got the special VW financing 1.6% interest. I would recommend this to anyone in the market. The only complaint I have is it has a little slow response time on the gas. Im not a speed demon so it doesn't bother me. But it looks so nice on the inside and even better on the outside. It reminds me of the Lexus models. The blinkers on the side mirrors are a nice luxury feature. Also, I bought the extended warranty 6yr/60,000 miles."

Love This Car!!! Highly Reccomend- Please Read-

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Power, Performance, Cost, Effeciency, Appearance,"

Cons: "Absolutly Nothing"

"I Bought a 2012 Jetta TDI from Paramount Volkswagen in Hickory NC. The Diesel has so much power and performance while still getting up to 50 MPG!!!!!! No one can beet this car."

The Sportwagon is an awesome car

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Fuel mileage"

Cons: "Not enough seats for the family with 4 kids now."

"I own this car and love all the features of the vehicle. The fuel mileage of the vehicle is awesome and has gotten better with more miles put on the car. My wife drives it daily on a round trip of 150 miles to and from work. We only fill the car up once a week with the miles we put on it everyday the sunroof huge and very nice to drive with it open. The car gets better fuel mileage with the A/C on than it does with the windows down as we live in Florida."

Comfortable, reasonable price, and fun to drive!

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable + spacious, good look"

Cons: "None... So far!"

"I traded in my 2009 Honda Civic coupe for a 2012 2.5 SE Jetta and I am very satisfied. So pleased to drive stick shift again and this car is actually pretty fun to drive; it is nice and spacious, but easy to zip around in. Super super comfortable as well, I knew my Civic had unpleasant seating (especially for a tall guy like me, 6'2"). Also thankful for the souped up radio that displays my calls and music from my smart phone; it's actually helpful and prevents me from wanting to mess with my phone to change music or answer/ dial out a call. I was a bit weary because I hear many people criticize and say VWs are foreign, unreliable, and junky in the US market. I think with most cars, the owner will be fortunate to do basic repairs and check ups to ensure longevity. Highly recommend this car, practical, affordable, comfortable, and not dull."

Great Solid ride, excellent handling & braking

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "solid , safe, great price"

"they say the 2.0 l is slow, I didn't buy this as a Porsche it gets around town just fine and on the interstate it cruises at 80 miles p/hr. with the best of them, and plenty of pedal left, very pleased with the handling& brakes."

Price vs product

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Price, gas, usage, safety"

Cons: "Not too big for a family, cargo door, noise"

"Car is great market price and the gas consumption is very good too. Comfortable and versatile."

Great Gas Mileage

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Great Mileage!!"

Cons: "Have to "pump" seat to raise, shows marks"

"I LOVE LOVE my car!! I have been able to get 51 mpg so far. I'm 5" foot and it fits me well. I love how much space the car has and is able to hold. I can put the seats down and I was able to move my belongings or items from Lowe's."

Fantastic car not just for the money

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to dirve, great stereo"

Cons: "poor fuel economy, and no power seats"

"I own the 2.5 SE and absolutely love it. The car handles fantastically and performs exactly how you want a car in this price range to handle. The base 4 speaker sound systems blows the doors off of any other cars. The leatherette seats do a great job of making you feel like you're in the cockpit of a car much more expensive than what you're actually driving. An especially great feature of this car is the huge amount of interior room. With best in class rear leg room and a massive trunk space you'll never be left wanting more. The 6 speed automatic transmission is great too. The sport mode is uber fun to use and the tiptronic is phenomenal. It is important to not that if you are looking for a super fuel efficient vehicle or something with extra comfy seats this is not the vehicle for you. However if you want a fun to drive, reliable, good looking vehicle for cheap you have to take a look at the Jetta."

The car is accurate and acts predicatably

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pros: "fun and safe to drive, looks good"

Cons: "a lot of plastic inside"

"Pros: It responds to the steering wheel just the way I expect that. It is a German car and it gives you what you could expect from one: elaborate interior and stylish look. Cons: I dislike the plastic dashboard in SE and lower. It must be better in SEL, but not sure. It lacks LED daytime lights. I'd like to have them."

Awesome Car (TDI version)

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, Comfort, Convenience"

"This is a great car. I find myself not wanting to get out of it. The MPG blows everything away. There is no mileage loss compared to a Hybrid and you have the power of a traditional car. There is no noise factor. The engine has a slightly different pitch compared to a traditional car but the noise level is the same or less. It is plenty roomy but I haven't spent much time in the back seats. My only gripe but I figured out how to get past it, is the diesel delay,but rather than gunning the engine be slow and methodical and the engine responds like any car. It is a great car."

I love this car!!

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive great gas mileage!"

Cons: "Not a truck!"

"I drive this car everywhere, have for almost 2 years, never had one problem with it. Very fun to drive the manual. Will not trade for a long time to come!"

Quite possibly the best car I have owned

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Great car, across the board"

Cons: "Marginal dealer service, cheap original tires"

"I waited three years for VW to get the TDI worked out. It was worth the wait. My Jetta TDI Sportwagen does everything right. Quite surprisingly fast and sporty to drive, and for such a small car it handles bad weather and wind very well. I average about 38 mpg combined, and often get 45-50 on highway runs. Very comfortable, great sound system, lots of hidden storage. I love the 6 speed manual. Drove the automatic and I didn't care for the way it works. I had an early diesel Rabbit and while that was a truly great car, these new diesels are infinitely more civilized. If only the VW dealer in our area was more accommodating, that would help a lot. I have had to wait 3 hours for an oil change with an appointment. Also, I look forward to putting on a really good set of Michelins. The tires that came with it are abominable."

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, awesome mpg"

Cons: "needs auto climate control and rear view camera"

"gets the job done while looking good. Lots of room amazing mpg really sporty. Missing some options like a rear view camera or automatic climate control from what Im used to. Love it tho"

better value than my BMW!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, technology package"

"I had a 3 series for several years and loved the way it drove but got tired of the super expensive maintenance. I test drove the Jetta SEL and loved it! It had every feature I wanted and saved me $15,000 compared to buying a new BMW. It has been great for the last year, and keeps up the standards of German performance. The technology package is also very cool, love the navigation system, keyless entry, and that it was iPod ready!"

Best Car I have EVER owned.

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Unbelievable performance per gallon factor. Fun."

Cons: "I can't justify owning two of them. ;)"

"The TDI is outstanding and VW's feel as solid as a single piece of industrial grade granite. I will never sell this car. Absolutely a joy, not a single problem in 22K miles."

Outstanding vehicle!!!!

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Great MPG, great radio, drives well."

Cons: "some gadgets and buttons are in bad spots."

"We bought this car B/C I was sold on the TDI motor in the Jetta, and my wife liked the interior well enough. When we began driving, the car delivered 39 MPG overall, after the motor got a bit broken in, we now see 43 MPG wherever we drive. The DSG tranny is fun to shift if the mood is right, and the 2.0 TDI motor has solid accelerating ability from 40 to 80. The backseat is comfy, not quite enough room for a rear facing carseat, but the trunk is absolutely huge! I woul;dn't want to be 6'3" and have to get in and out to much, but for the cost and the ridiculous MPG, you cannot go wrong. Plus with the TDI, you will have a motor that should outlast the rest of the car!"

Excellent Value with Exceptional Engineering

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pros: "cheap to drive, excellent engineering, fun to drive"

Cons: "hard to find"

"Well designed and put together. The TDI is in a league of it's own: powerful, quiet, better mileage than a Hybrid, inexpensive to operate. I was comparing against Honda,Toyota and Mazda and this was by far the best overall car. This is not the frumpty,quirky, cheap VW.... think of this as Audi Junior."

Loving my TDI w/ 6-speed manual

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "fun, fuel economy, sporty"

"I traded my 2014 Honda civic coupe in on this vehicle and am really glad I did! It drives like a dream! It is fun, sporty and GREAT on fuel! I have driven almost 200 miles since filling it up and have barely used a 1/4 of a tank! I would recommend this car to anyone"

Amazing. I get 40+mpg in town.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Amazing versitility, solid build, DSG tranny's A++"

Cons: "replaceing cabin air filter a little inconvienent."

"Well built, very comfortable. Drove 7400 miles in the second month I owned it and it was flawless in every objective metric. Subjectively it exceedes my expectations! Great car for a family of 4. The way the back seat folds flat alows it to double as a van with all the space available. Would definitely recommend and will purchase again if I happen to outlive it."

Great vehicle under 25!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Good price for what you get and safe!"

Cons: "Not very fast and the exterior looks decent!"

"I purchased this car brand new and have no regrets whatsoever other than not including a navigation system!"

Best Car Ever!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Comfortable, Great MPG"

"This car is Wonderfully Amazing... I got 41 MPG coming home. Seats are amazing and extremely comfortable and the handling of the car is stunning and provides inspiration. Have you closed the door? Well it sounds just like all other high quality cars. Close the doors on a Benz 350 ( My family has one) and the doors sound the same. No problems so far yet engine wise, though it is extremely powerful considering the class of car (Compact. I will buy another Volkswagen!"