2011 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 233 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Best Car I have Owned

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Road feel, driver feedback, MPG!!"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned all the common german brands and many of themm BMW, MB, Audi. I decided that I wanted to get something that had an amazing build quality as to fit and finish but more importantly fuel economy was of importance. I ended doing my research and landed on the Jetta TDI Sortswagon with sunroof and nav with an MSRP of $31,355. I can not say enough great things about this car!! It makes me smile when driving it. I am averaging 40mpg as a whole and it drives like a dream. The suspension is just plain amazing as to being compliant but not too compliant. I could go on and on but the bottom line its just a huge bang for the buck...I can not ding it for anything which is hard to say."

Best value car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, great mileage & interior comfort."

Cons: "Still looking for one-I'll get back to you..."

"My wife and I could see in the showroom that the 4-door Jetta had more rear seat legroom than virtually any car we've ever had, yet it has the smallest wheelbase. While snooping brands and dealers I stumbled onto the diesel version in internet reviews and the most eye-popping thing that jumps out at you is that the mileage numbers on the side windows you see on all new cars are UNDERSTATED for the Jetta. Our car is 30/41 but I'm reading and hearing from people that this car can get 50+ on the highway before we bought it. So with that and some other solid attributes going for it, we bought the diesel version. Our local driving number since buying has been at or near 40 since day one. And the new clean diesel is the most underappreciated option you will find on any new car lot in the USA. Much less long term maintenance, among other advantages. I'm still looking for something bad to say about this car. Well, trips to the gas station aren't as numerous as they once were, assuming you like shelling out $50 more rather than less often. One problem that diesel engines have had in the past is starting in frigid temperatures but the service guy told me that can be easily handled with gas tank additives available at auto stores. The interior is well laid out, and the standard rear back-up camera is a gift from auto Heaven. I shudder when I think of the money we've wasted on cars over the years that sadly lacked the overall quality and value of our Jetta. And no--I don't have a relative at the dealership and I don't own any VW stock."

Cars made in Mexico don't cut it

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Cons: "VW needs to work out bugs in these cars"

"Check engine light is on for the fourth time."

Great Young Professional Car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Well Equipped, Sporty"

Cons: "High Depreciation, Expensive Maintenance"

"Pros: This car is good for a good professional just starting out in the work force. It was four doors making it ideal for daily living. The sporty features on the car make sure you do not get bored on your daily commute. The turbo makes sure you can have a bit of fun on the weekend. They car comes nicely equipped. Cons: The depreciation is greater than that of its Honda and Toyota counter parts. The repairs and replacement are more expensive than its Japanese competition; however, cheaper than its German competition."

Very good car with roominess and consistent 38 mpg

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Pleasure to drive"

Cons: "40,000 mile maintainence is pricey$$!"

"If you are driving a lot and need room this is a very good car for mileage, handling, and roominess."

Great car.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"One of the most fuel efficient vehicles on the road. Recent trip from mich to Florida. I 75 driving At 70 mph. Got 55 mpg. Only thing I have a problem with is the navigation system. But them I'm not a big tech person Overall my jetta premium tdi with navi for the k Last two years. Has been fantastic"

Business Like-Appropriate For My Lifestyle

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Seats, steering wheel, build quality (feels solid)"

Cons: "Highway acceleration, higher speed cornering."

"Bought in early 2014 with 3,000 miles, now has 22,000 miles . Very nice car for it's purpose. I am an outside sales rep and the car's clean, handsome lines represent me well at this price point (inside has received compliments as well, I suspect the seats help). I have received many compliments on its looks. Inside, I have the leatherette seats and they are very comfortable. Steering wheel is wonderful. Driving experience is mixed. Accelerates well in town, but the I-5 struggles when at freeway speeds and want to accelerate to make a lane change or merge. Will go to "S" mode often. Fuel mileage is better than expected on the highway, not so great in the city (this might be because of my city driving habits, frequent stops at businesses). Handling is adequate at best in tight cornering, not assuring. Otherwise, nice ride with new tires I just put on. Did handle one of the roughest Wisconsin winter's on record last year with no issues (did well in snow, ABS was setup just right, heater was great, never any stress starting, never a rattle) and that earned a lot of respect from me. Car feels solid as a brick. Despite some mixed driving experience issues, I really like the car and plan on getting another VW in the future, likely a TDI or turbo depending on price. A nice car to spend a day in."

Great Solid ride, excellent handling & braking

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "solid , safe, great price"

"they say the 2.0 l is slow, I didn't buy this as a Porsche it gets around town just fine and on the interstate it cruises at 80 miles p/hr. with the best of them, and plenty of pedal left, very pleased with the handling& brakes."

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good Looking, stock speakers rock."

Cons: "hard to work on, cheap interior."

"I owned a 2008 Cobalt and I am disappointed I did not look into Jettas sooner. I am very impressed with the handling. I would of liked to see more quality on the inside of the car. I have switches going into my dashboard area and my accessory plug in the back is broke. Great looking car its got sport but it also has luxury. I can't say I haven't got looks while driving it around town. The seats are so comfortable you can sleep in them. I lay back the seats and I am out in 5 minutes. It has not broke down on me yet (knocking on some wood right now). The only thing I am afraid about is the cost of repairs because of the fact not even walmart sells the air filter or windshield wipers for it."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability and reliability of a Diesel engine."

Cons: "Higher maintenance cost."

"I am really enjoying the Jetta TDI. It handles very well in bad weather conditions and it feels like it is bullet proof. One of the downside is the cost of maintenance. It's a little high..."

This is my 9th Jett's and my last jetta.

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cons: "No more vw."

"Had to replace brakes at 37,000 miles at a cost of $400. After owning vw's for so many years I thought they would help me but they blew me off. I usually get at least 60,000 miles out of my brakes, but it wasn't the pads but the brake assembly, which are still rusty. I will never buy a vw product again. I had other problems before this and the dealer took care of it but my family has gone to Honda and they are very service oriented and helpful."

solid driving machine

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "great driver"

Cons: "0"

"pick up is more than enough, highway noise minimal, great handling and braking. I love that tight euro feel."

money well spent

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

"I have a TDi and I get 38-40 mpg combined city Hwy. It is very comfortable and roomy even with a child seat in the back. Large trunk and even the base stereo is good. I would buy another and highly recommend for commuters who car pool or just dont want a small car."

A very good looking car from the outside

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "great exterior"

Cons: "no frills interior"

"To make this car more affordable, changes were made with the steering, brakes and throttle. After driving an older version of the Jetta for 7 years these are some noticeable differences. However, I still feel it is a solid car."

Good entry level german car

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Great driving feel. Powerful engine."

Cons: "City driving means low mpg's. Not so well equipped"

"Car feels very good on the road. Interior is "plain" because it is lacking some "standard" features on other cars like the trip computer. If you want all the gadgets you need a higher trim like the SEL or the GLI instead of the Jetta. Steering feel is loose. Overall pleased with my purchase. Have it since new in May 2011 and other than a new battery installed recently, i have not have any problems whatsoever. Maintenance have always been on time. Currently have 49,195 miles. 2011 Jetta SE with Convenience and Sunroof Options price should be lowered."

Amazing. I get 40+mpg in town.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Amazing versitility, solid build, DSG tranny's A++"

Cons: "replaceing cabin air filter a little inconvienent."

"Well built, very comfortable. Drove 7400 miles in the second month I owned it and it was flawless in every objective metric. Subjectively it exceedes my expectations! Great car for a family of 4. The way the back seat folds flat alows it to double as a van with all the space available. Would definitely recommend and will purchase again if I happen to outlive it."

Very good value for money. Fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"Engine response excellent. High crowd appeal. Comfortable and fun to drive. Very fuel efficient. Excellent interior design and safety features. Low maintenance cost"

Great vehicle under 25!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Good price for what you get and safe!"

Cons: "Not very fast and the exterior looks decent!"

"I purchased this car brand new and have no regrets whatsoever other than not including a navigation system!"

Great Value overtime

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"Cool ride! A little noisy on the freeway.. overall I would buy it again!"

Why 2.0 ltr?

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage of the smaller 1.7 turbo charged motor"

"I bought the 1.7, 170 HP version and get upper 30's at 65mph and even had over 40mpg at 55mph. The average is upper 30's between town and Hyway driving. More than 30 in town. The power of the smaller turbo charged Audi motor is very much more snappy."

Average, not as great as I thought it would be.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive. keyless entry, fast"

Cons: "Expensive. Mostly Manual operation"

"Almost sorry I got this car. It is just an average car. It is expensive for an average car. I have been a Honda Accord owner since 1993. I decided this year I wanted a change and decided on a Volkswagon. The Jetta is not equivalent to the Honda Accord it would be closer to the Civic but Volkswagons Price is High for what you get. I am spending so much more for something so average. I have had the A/C break. The gas cap blew off in car wash. The dealer said you should "wash by hand" not realistic in winter. The power plug stopped working in all outlets. I am as disappointed with the service as I am with the car. The things I like about it are keyless start, entry and lock. The Bluetooth is bad no one can hear me through it. I have to take the Bluetooth off and risk talking on the phone for most of my calls. The features are much more manual than most new cars on the market today in this range, however the price very high for what you get. I won't get another one."

Prestine condition

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

"2011 Jetta, Volkswagon, low mileage, definitely looks like new, completely checked out by dealer, A-1 running order, serviced by dealer. Outstanding value..."

THE BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "FUEL MILEAGE, FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I DRIVE 104 MILES A DAY, THIS CAR GETS THE BEST FUEL MILEAGE, IT AVERAGES 48 TO 53 MILES PER GAL EVERY DAY, I FILL UP ONCE A WEEK WITH AROUND 12 GAL OF DIESEL AND DRIVE UNTILL NEXT WEEK I BOUGHT THE TOP OF THE LINE JETTA,IT HAS A FENDER SOUND SYSTEM, I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW NICE THIS CAR IS,LOTS OF POWER, I WILL BUY ANOTHER WHEN THIS ONES WEARS OUT , IT WILL BE AWHILE"

Very good car, still room for improvements

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "good solid car for the money"

Cons: "road noise and bumps"

"I basically love my Jetta, in spite of its flaws. On the positive side, it feels solid and is roomy and comfortable. My model doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but there are enough for me. I have had zero problems with this car. It handles well enough for me in my daily driving, but can be a little rough going over a bumpy road. My main complaint is the road noise. Also, those black leatherette seats get hot as fire in the summertime. They've taken some mistreatment (spills, mud) but clean up easily and still look great. However, I highly recommend getting some kind of seat covers or cushions since they can toast your bootie when you get in after the car has been sitting in the FL sun for a while."

Great Commuter

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Fun to drive, Solid, Safe"

Cons: "Infotainment, Poor interior quality, Road noise"

"I have had this car for 10 months and drive approx 100 miles per day. The car drives great and the turbo makes a huge difference on the highway when passing. I have been a little disappointed with the interior quality. VW chosen to replace a lot of the soft touch materials I had in my 08 Jetta and replaced them with lower quality hard touch plastics. The car feels cheaper on the inside than previous VWs I have owned. On the plus side this is the best driving Jetta I have owned and I get great gas mileage. I have average 34 in mixed driving and have hit 40+ on the highway. The seats are comfortable but I do begin to notice some firmness after an hour of driving. The car handles great and for the price I have not found a better driving car. The car could use a better bluetooth system and better sound system."