2010 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1045 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Wonderful car

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "value, fuel efficiency, good acceleration"

Cons: "The DSG is a bit slow shifting gears"

"VW did a good job compensating for the lack of HP with plenty of torque. It is not loud like the previous models. Fuel efficiency is better than some hybrids, but with significantly better acceleration. I would never own the gas version, but I love my TDI. A diesel lasts longer, but is is more expensive."

Great Handling Nimble car

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Like the sunroof and heated seats"

Cons: "Eats rear brakes and tires. A/C failed."

"The VW Jetta is a great car to drive. It rides like its on rails. I had to replace the rear disc brakes twice within 64,000 miles. I also had to replace the A/C compressor that was not covered by the warranty. The 2007 VW Jetta has a 4 year 48,000 bumper to bumper warranty. The next year VW shortened the warrant to 3 years. VW replaced the headliner when the glue failed as well as the battery that was about to go dead all under warranty. West Houston VW is a great dealer. Outside of the A/C and the rear brakes the car is great. Be sure to rotate tires frequently (no longer than 5,000 mile intervals) because the rear tires wear quickly on the inside tread."

Awesome

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "comfort, fun, handles great"

Cons: "transmission did need replacing"

"Luv luv my car, dependable, feel extremely safe and very comfortable. Handles like a dream. Would definitely buy again"

Loads of fun and economical

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Seven years and 114000 miles later, and I still love this car. What a blast to drive! And the gas mileage exceeds the ratings. I average 32 in winter and 35mph in summer. It's quick and handles great in town. On the highway, the turbo allows me to pass with ease in most any situation. It was a little pricey on the front ent, but worth every penny. No plans to let my GLI go any time soon."

Just right

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Diesel engine, sunroof, handling"

Cons: "sound system technology"

"My VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI is the family workhorse. We use it for commuting in heavy traffic, running errands and trips. Get 46 to 51 MPG on trips depending on speed and load; mid 30s in the burbs. I'm always surprised at what I can fit in the car (like an entire 7 piece patio dining set!). Great torque for fast acceleration in the burbs. Just the right balance of handling and comfort. 6 speed manual is easy to shift-about the best of the many manuals I've owned. The huge sunroof is always a hit with guests. Not so great is the sound system--mediocre sound, screen too bright at night, no phone book, crude ipod interface --but latest VW models have much improved this. Only had 1 problem so far. The cruise control intermittently stopped working due to a faulty switch. The dealer couldn't recreate the error so they claimed they couldn't fix it. A call to VWoA got rapid action and an expert helped the dealer diagnose and fix the problem in a day. VWoA customer service was superb."

Could have been great but maintenance nightmare!

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Speedy"

Cons: "Non stop mechanical problems, premium gas only!"

"I bought the 2006 Jetta 2.0T new and still own it. I will never buy another Volkswagen after my experience with this car. I have had it in the dealership so many times I've lost track. Most things have been minor - lots of sensor replacements for faulty warning lights - but there have been some major things too. The turbo has been replaced, water pump, crank case valve. I am always waiting for the next thing on it to break. The interior is totally falling apart - seams are splitting, the paint has bubbled and cracked on all the controls (I've even had the radio replaced as a result), vents are broken - and I would consider myself really gentle on the car and rarely have anyone in the backseat where I have some of these issues. One big pet peeve that I will mention is that the car will ding loudly"

Great gas mileage

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Snow conditions"

"I bought the car for its gas mileage and it delivers at 30 MPG every time I gas up. If you're living in a snowy climate though, you better get studded tires. The car just isn't heavy enough without them."

Love the power and comfort

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, fuel mileage"

Cons: "High scheduled maintenance cost"

"The fuel mileage is really good. It’s about 38mpg in the city and close to 50mpg on the highway. It has a lot of acceleration and a quiet ride. I have not had a second worth of trouble out of it. The negative side of owning the car is its scheduled maintenance cost. Transmission service every 40k-60k miles at a cost of about $400, timing belt every 80k at a cost of about $1000"

High quality, great features, good dependability

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "economy, fun to drive/sporty, well designed"

Cons: "expensive repairs and upgrades"

"This car has been with me through the best and worst times. Drives great in the summer and feels very sporty for being a "family" sedan. it takes corners like a sports car and never has a problem with taking off. It never has a problem in snow either. I have never had an issue with sliding out or losing control, even in the worst of Iowa weather. The ESP traction control readily takes over and puts you back on track as soon as control starts slipping on snow or ice. Interior is very well designed, with everything within easy reach. It has amazing trunk space...much more than what is assumed from looking at the outside."

Awesome car..diesel reliability, resale value,

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "mpg..performance..resale value"

Cons: "backseat might not suit the big boys and girls."

"2009 jetta tdi..17000 miles...dsg/17'wheels/ipod conn The jetta tdi is an awesome car all the way around. Great MPG,resale value, perfect hp to torque ratio gives better than expected performance.(You can really feel the torque)The fit and finish on my 09 is noticeably better than the new 2012 jetta tdi and the resale value proves that point. VW traded soft almost seamless surfaces for hard detroit like plastics. That's the real deal with the 09/2010 model. You still get the better quality fit and finish that is quickly leaving the vw lineup.(unless you are buying the new phaeton) I would recommend the 09,10 and early 11's. If u want a diesel on a budget..take a look at the 2005.5..same body..1.9 liter non clean diesel..u can have it chipped to euro spec and almost come out with the same performance as the 09/without the clean diesel though....Buy the tdi...u will love it."

Satisfied customer

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Although i am a big car person,gas prices were going up and my huge SUV was getting to expensive with the miles i drive to and from work. I decided to downsize and i looked at the Jetta. I got in the car and fell in love. The inside of the car was so clean(not just clean because new but the design), the colors of the seats and doors (beige and brown) were a good combination. And not to mention the car was loaded! Heated driver and passenger seats (love when needed!), 6 cd disc changer, leather seats, sunroof (opens and tilts) option for satellite radio and great on gas. The comfort of driving this car is perfect. If i happen to drive another car to work, i miss my car more then ever. This is my first car that i ever bought brand new, and i have had no problems with it at all. Great car all around! Very dependable after 3 years!"

Will always drive VW if given the chance

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "fun, dependable. Snappy."

Cons: "Newer models missing controls on steering wheel"

"Owned a 2003. Own a 2006. In newer models you can enjoy things like iPod docking and full-screen navigation, but overall these cars are quality. Turbo will get you out of a jam on the highway. Safety is big with all the airbags, and very fun to drive. The style of the VW will not go out of style. Would drive a VW Jetta for the rest of my days if I could, hard to be talked into a different car!"

awesome first car

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

"My Jetta has been great. Got it in august 2010 and alittle over a year later I still love it as much as when I drove her home. Mines a Wolfsburg Edition so its got 200 horsepower...which im in love with. Interior is Audi-like and the handling is amazing. I can toss it around like its nothing."

Gotta love vw and I love my jetta.

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Torque, Driveability, Comfort, Practicality of the car, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance that almost always must be done by a VW tech... but it's worth it!"

"best decision I have ever made on purchasing a vehicle. At first i was a little sketchy on the model and the size, because I'm more of the kind of person that would drive a full-size sedan not an almost compact one. But the best thing about owning this car is having people underestimate it! I have friends with Acuras and Volvos that always go on and on about how great their car is and how much of a great deal they got on it when i have twice as many features in the BASE model of my car than they do on theirs fully loaded and they get in the passenger seat and witness it's dream-like handling. I've been surprised myself of how well it handles sometimes and I guess with the 180 ft/lbs of torque, this baby can put out some serious power fast. Also, it's amazing how well it handles when you are going 100mph and up. The only con is that it is extremely easy to speed while driving because it never feels as if you're going the speed you are!"

Great car

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"This is the most fun car to drive that I have ever owned. In the past, we have driven Honda, Subaru and presently own a Prius and the Jetta. The Jetta has a great driver's seat that is very adjustable and comfortable and the handling is very responsive. I have owned this car since it was new in 2007 and have never had to repair anything. The only thing I had to do was replace 1 headlight in over 3 years. The '07 Prius needed quite a few repairs and they had to replace the radio twice...all under warranty, thank goodness."

2009 VW Jetta SE

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I leased this vehicle in sept. of 2009. It's a great car and has a super comfortable and high quality interior. The ride is great for a compact car and is underrated. The engine delivers nice power at low speed. The sound system is also very underrated and is excellent in bass!! The powertrain is mediocre and sounds rough. I wish the steering wheel had controls on it. The stereo display is just ok. Gas mileage is good, not great. Room is decent, but I'm not that wide. The brakes are average at best. Fabolous value."

Great MPG and fun

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I have 93K miles on my TDI and has averaged 44MPG, I normally average 47-48 in the summer and 42-43 in the winter. Great car handles nice I have driven almost 24 hours strait and wasn't score at all. Big trunk, I can tow with it (unlike the Prius) DSG is fast and almost as fun to drive as a stick."

Great Little Car

By on Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"New clean diesel is incredible. Recent increase in diesel fuel prices removes some of the savings but amazing power makes up for it. The torque curve of diesels in general is very different from gas engined cars and this one comes on like a locomotive at speeds you normally drive at. Quality is great for car of this class. No problems in 1 year of driving. Turbo lag is an issue that you should experience before buying, to make sure you can live with it but the new automatic DSG transmission is perfect. Faster than manual and better gas mileage. Most other auto manufacturers charge far more than VW for this type of transmission."

My first brand new car

By on Sunday, June 27, 2010

"I have had this car for almost 3 years and I have put over 50K miles on it. I have only had one major problem with it; one of my rear brake calipers went out and wore the breaks completely to the rotors. I have all my maintenance completed on time and through the Dealer and they didn't notice the problem at all. I purchased the extended warranty (with a 100 dollar deductible) so it only cost about 400 to fix. This car also has HUGE blind spots on both sides. Everyone who drives my car is amazed that I have lived this long while driving it. My boyfriend literally almost merged into a moving van because he didn't see him. The maintenance on this vehicle is very expensive. I drive a lot, so at just about every 4 months I have to take it in to get my scheduled maintenance completed at about 400-500 dollars a session!! Other than that, this car is beautiful inside and out. It is a clean ride with great traction. With 8 airbags and its overall performance I feel very safe. VW will be releasing a new model very soon, so get your Generation 6 Jetta while you can, and don't spend an arm and a leg for it."

Love the mpg

By on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"My 2006 TDI gets an awesome 50 mpg on the highway and 42 mpg for combined city/highway. Very stylish with the moon roof and sound system is great. Have had a few problems with it but nothing out of the ordinary as I just turned over 60,000 miles. Have had some cold weather related issues but knew that would be true with any diesel. Wish there was an suv that had similar mpg. Would definitely recommend the TDI as it has been a great car!"

09 Sportwagen TDI

By on Monday, February 22, 2010

"I really recommend this car. Was considering an Altima hybrid but decided on the VW wagen for the cargo, and not wanting to deal with the inevitable battery disposal/replacement issue. Dog lovers... a large pet porter crate fits in the back even with the rear seat up. I've removed the back bottom seat cushions(easy to do) which makes a completely flat surface in the cargo area with the rear seat backs down, really handy, creates alot of room. I'm 6'6" and fit comfortably in the car(no sunroof). Could always have more legroom, but the manual adjusment in the driver seat bottom actually drops the seat down and back so it feels like you actually get more leg room than the listed 41.2". Headroom is adequate. Handling and performance is great even with the 16's. With 13,000 mi on car, averaging 39.4mpg combined with 90% hwy. Able to get 40+ if kept under 70mph. Best trip mpg 46, bet tank avg. 41. DSG is a bit weird at times, a bit of a lag as reported. Dealer service has been good, had one issue with the heater not getting warm unless turned on hi, dealer warrantied and reset, common complaint that heater takes a while to kick in, true with my experience, usually ten minutes of run time for engine to heat to operating temp. Only negatives would be the heater(thanks for the heated seats), and the wipers which are terrible! Good thing it doesn't rain much where I live. The range of the passenger side wiper stops right in the middle of the driver's visual, and with heavy rain at night really reduces visability. Planning on reporting/complaint to VW. Also, small negative as reported by others, much pressure created in cabin when driving over 40mph with windows down, watch your ears! All things considered, very happy with this car, a great commuter and road tripper, quiet, comfy, fun to drive, hoping for diesel longevity. Fuel bills cut in half to a third. Grats to cash for clunkers, made this deal really affordable, hoping the $1300 fed rebate for green vehicle will happen without complication. VW notified me that the powertrain warranty was extended to 100,000 mi for the DSG-love that kind of news. Hope this helps, get one if you can find one! Paid full retail, first time, but don't mind since the cash flow savings with the fuel economy is there."

delivers on mpg

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"car is loaded with options great deal compared to prius(comp equippped prius would be 28k got mine for 22k) got 48mpg on second tank!! (mix of city and hwy) first day i picked up car took on a 150 mi rnd trip and i filled up before and at end - went 55mph and coasted where possible i filled up at end of trip (147mi. 2.6gal ..... 57MPG!!!!!)WOW LOVE IT AND MAN DOES IT GO!!! NOT LIKE MY 350Z BUT HEY THAT GETS 21MPG and doesn't carry the kids!!!"

Best Car EVER!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"I bought my 2006 Tdi Jetta right off the truck it road in on. It took me 5 months to find this marvelous vechical. The engine was put together in Germany and the transmission in Poland. I have no regreds. I average about 45+ mpg driving 80mph with the a/c blasting and about 40 mpg in town getting about 650 miles on $40 of fuel. Will drive till it dies"

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I purchased as a demo with 5,500 miles and it's been a great car very reliable. Handles well on the curves and I take plenty of curves daily."

Not so good

By on Thursday, August 6, 2009

"I bought the "new jetta" tdi in 2005. It has been to the dealership 10 times for warranty work. Small things such as the radio buttons, window motors, and windshield wiper motor. I love the mileage but i would hate to own this thing without a warranty!!"