2010 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1051 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage, plenty of trunk room,comfortable"

Cons: "No cup holders in the backseat"

"I've had a Jetta for several years and have only had one slight mechanical issue! The car drives very well, has luxuries that I love (leather seats, sun roof, etc.) and gets great gas mileage. For a smaller car, the trunk has plenty of room for what I need to store and carry. It's a good value for the price. The only downside is that VW must perform any type of service (other than oil changes) and that can be expensive."

I Love my Jettta

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Great PRice, Excellent Reliability--Best Car I have ever owned!"

Cons: "No iPod attachment for my year."

"I used to own Jeep Wranglers and CJ's which were a lot of fun. When gas prices went through the roof...so did I. Walked right into local dealership and bought my TDI. Best car decision I have EVER made. I get anywhere from 42 to 53 mpg. which means I fill my tank roughly once a month...and I'm usually only at the 1/4 full mark. This little car has pick up! My first car was a very old Mercedes Diesel....and "Gertie" was cute and reliable but it took about 10 minutes to get to 60mph. Not with my Jetta. My only regret is that now they are less expensive then when I bought my car. How does VW do that? OK so there are some very expensive things that have to be replaced at 90,000 (timing belt--$1000). Also, you can never go to a Jiffy Lube to get them tuned up or oil changed. They don't have the wrenches. If they try it you will be sorry. Just find a VW specialist and take it to them. A bit more $$ but you will be rewarded in the end."

Its well-worth it

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, stylish, reliability"

Cons: "Interior made with choppy materials."

"I have had this car for nearly 6 years. The only downfall I have had is that the AC needs maintance and I am not sure exactly what is needed but it might be the entire compressor. Other than that this car is still running great at 114,000 miles. Engine purrs. I am going to keep this car until the transmission goes out. That is the only component that I can see failing as the transmission does skip on down shifting mainly but this is generally "normal". This car is a very economic car and I still love my decision."

Great Value and Teriffic Car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "overall a great car"

Cons: "Heater is a little slow to warm up, no heated whee"

"40 to 53 mpg, Driving dynamics superb, reliability superb, comfort supurb. trunk huge. Now for the bad things: a little noisy on the rough highways although it could be the tires because it is quiet on new roads. The heater takes a while to warm up. I would like AWD and a heated stearing wheel. THAT's IT."

love my VW!

By on Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pros: "gas mileage,roomy, quality interior,easy maintain"

Cons: "low,lightweight,non power lights"

"I have loved my jetta diesel tdi sport wagon. It has plenty of room to cart around all kinds of stuff for my job as an interior designer or for long trips. It gets great gas mileage, I fill up less than once a week, much better than the lexus 350 I owned. It is easy to park in urban situations. I love the fit and finish of the interior, it looks and feels like a much more expensive european car (I have the tan leatherette trim-easy to clean, holds up better than leather, and the panoramic sunroof is amazing, and I love the heated seats) yet it does not cost an arm and a leg to service it. That is one of he reasons I chose it over a bmw, audi, or volvo. I also chose it for the excellent gas mileage (close second was Prius villager but I didn't think prius interior was as nice). Drawbacks-well we all know there have been recalls over the false emissions claims so now I am deciding whether to let vw buy back my vehicle or to take the payout. I love the car and would be happy to stay in it so that is how I'm leaning. Other drawbacks: HP is not that great for passing on hwy; the car is light and low so driving amidst 18 wheelers on I-95 was daunting, but I rarely do that; Pet peeve: headlights must be turned on and off manually-I have too often forgotten and left my lights on only to find a dead battery in the morning-come on VW you can do better than that! Lastly, I was used to higher sitting SUVs so that took some time to get used to-I do wish it sat a little higher, so would consider the Tiguan next time, though it does not come in diesel model so mileage not as good. Overall this has been my favorite car ever (owned VW rabbit convertible ,jetta sedan,bmw 3 and 5 series,honda odyssey, land rover discovery,cadillac srx, lexus 350- loved this car too except for gas mileage) Overall I highly recommend this car"