2010 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 993 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Almost good

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "too many small problems"

"I was pretty satisfied with this car, until I started having trouble with so many little things. First the cover the rear windshield wiper fell off, might have been from car wash. Then my rear hatch would only open sometimes. Then the driver side door would not lock, Now the rear driver side door won't unlock, and can't even open from the inside. I believe it's bad lock actuators. I also had to replace the Turbo actuator, which the dealer was unable to diagnose, they wanted to replace the whole turbo, but luckily found a good local shop to fix it. I really wanted to like the car. I love the handling and the awesome MPG, but overall I'm disappointed with the car."

Love it

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Great price, dependable, reliable"

Cons: "tdi jetta get even better mileage"

"Best car I have ever owned, couldn't be happier with the 2010 jetta. I tried out a lot of cars but being 6'2" was an issue. this has plenty of room for my feet and head. Ive owned it since 2010 and almost have it paid off and don't plan on getting rid of it. Everything seems top of the line and the ride is the smoothest and quietest ride out there as far as I'm concerned."

TDI Joan Jetta is a tank

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "MPG, brakes, easy to maintain, trunk space"

Cons: "exterior color choices are slim (no green)"

"Original owner (this is our 3rd TDI) and Joan Jetta is a tank -- she's made it through Hurricane Ike and a couple of falling tree limbs as well... Common repairs are an EGR heater hose replacement, RCV (refrigerant control valve), DMF (dual mass flywheel) replacement. Also, I've done all the maintenance since Day #1, so yes, the supplies are specific and somewhat expensive, but all 4 filters (oil, fuel, air, cabin) can be changed in less than 1 hour. She routinely gets mid-30 mpg in rough Houston city driving and I've gotten 49 mpg highway at consistent 70 mph. Also, there is no DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) required and she is exempt from the TX annual exhaust testing for the inspection sticker. Finally, like the title says, Joan Jetta is a tank, so don't hesitate to allow your teenager to drive her"

Best car! Most bang for my bucks!!

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Perfect car, great on fuel, super fun ride!"

Cons: "no con's from my point of view!"

"I've owned my TDI Jetta for 7 years now and I love it!! Its a beautiful car and super on fuel mileage! I will be buying another new one next year!!!"

Best car I've bought

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun to drive, fit and finish"

Cons: "Maintenance difficult to do yourself"

"We have the Cup Edition and it's the best vehicle we've owned. It's fun to drive around town and even better on the highway. My wife drives 75 miles each way to work and she averages 47mpg. The inside is nice. I don't know what else to say other than we love the car."