2010 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1010 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Best Car I have Owned -2010 Jetta Ltd Edition

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, great road handling, good pick-up"

Cons: "doesn't have satellite radio"

"I have had it for 5 years and have had no problems other than tire inflation indicator issue that was caused by me using a synthetic tire inflator. Never use that stuff...it ruined the tire and I think the service guy broker the indicator on the tire rim when he was trying to find the problem. Anyway, I replaced the indicator and it works fine now. The car runs great and handles the turns well with that German engineering. I use the tiptronic regularly instead of braking all the time, mileage is 25/30. Comfortable seating on long trips (leatherette seating) and perfect for my size 5'7 145. Also like the fold down rear seats for when I'm lugging stuff. I'll keep this car for as long as it runs."

Love it

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

"We bought this car brand new in 2007 and have driven it all over the place. We have made sure we stuck to the owner's manual for all maintenance and it is a good thing we did because this car has been nothing but incredible to us. We shipped it from the US to the UK, drove it all over Europe and then shipped it back to the US with us and she is still going strong. 112k miles and we haven't had any major issues (I definitely cannot say the same about our TDI beetle). Like one other reviewer, we've had a couple of warranty items that we had fixed but other than that, our biggest issues have been the driver side headlight goes through bulbs rather quickly (really not that big of a deal) and the panel between the front and back passenger side windows had paint peel off of it (again, not that big of an issue considering its a black panel and the material under the paint is also black). My husband is a TDI lover for life now. Once this car finally dies, he plans on buying another one."

Worst Car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

"I bought this car with 50,000 miles from a dealer. It never made it home without a tow, I've stuck 3000.00 in parts and repairs in over just 39,000 miles. I hate this thing and will get rid of it within the month."

Remarkably reliable

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This has been my most reliable car, perhaps that's why I've had it for 10 years. Only 1-2 warranty issues over the years and very economical to use as my commuter car. Good comfort. Good ride quality and handling. Spacious trunk. Plenty of room."

145k (2009) acts and rides like new, great MPG

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "MPG, ride & handling, pickup response, looks."

Cons: "Diesel maintenance cost"

"Average 32 to 42 mpg and love the pickup/torque I get from this diesel. My '09 Jetta has never broken down or given any trouble in a 145,000 miles. Do all scheduled maintenance and replaced wearable items: battery, wipers, rear brakes, tires. Have only had three mechanical problems in 7 years. Diesel maintenance costs are generally higher than gas. No squeaks or rattles and the interior looks like new. It is a fun car to drive, handles well, sips fuel and takes-off like a rabbit."