2010 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1009 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Jetta TDI a Real Dream

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have owned the Jetta TDI for a little more than a year, and I could not be happier. The car has virtually no cons. First, the handling is superb. I can't believe how it takes corners. Second, the acceleration achieved with the TDI is great for this kind of car. I don't think I need to say much about the mileage...I get between 42 and 55 mpg, depending on how I'm driving. The new Jetta has the familiar interior styling VW is famous for. I own the 2006 model year, but this style came out midway through 2005 (called the 2005.5) and has a larger cabin and trunk than the older, "bubble style" jettas. The leatherette seats look like leather and almost feel like it, but they supposedly last longer than real leather. The engine compartment is very well squared away and easy to clean. The standard wheels on the TDI are larger than those on the value edition jetta and "sportier." Some of my friends hate to hear me talk so highly of my jetta tdi, but I really have been impressed thus far. I would recommend it to all of my closest friends and family members. I almost forgot...there is one thing I don't like about the car: the way it looks from the side could be improved (yes, that is my only complaint). The fact that these cars sell after a year or even two of use for as much as they sold when brand new says enough about the demand for them: they are excellent cars, people want them, and demand drives up the price. Five stars."

In now way feels like an "economy" car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I had an '01 VW Passat, which I loved. However, it had a few mechanical issues so I opted to trade it in for something new. I was worried about the "step down" to a Jetta from the Passat. Although I still prefer the body style of my '01 Passat over the Jetta, I LOVE the way the Jetta drives and "feels." It also gets much better gas mileage. The new Jetta styles and packages have come a long way from the past. In no way feel does my new Jetta feel like an "economy" car. For what I wanted, I'm very happy with my purchase."

Little-Known VW GTI cousin is a STEAL!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"The GLI is a 'GTI with a trunk'. Much more functional for a small family than a GTI, but with all the fun of driving when you are alone and want to zip. Don't mistake this car for the awful VW Jetta base car - this is a completely different turbo engine. Solid, reliable, lot of safety features. Engine powerband starts at 1800 rpm, as opposed to all other sports cars in this class that start at about 3500 rpm. This translates into great acceleration from a signal. Also, incredible real life 28mpg/32 city/hwy over last year - most other comparable cars are rated at about 23mpg. The turbo engine really helps with mileage. Great quality (shares components with the Audi A4), and definitely great value for money. If you want a sports car you can grow into - THIS is IT!"

Excellent "Green" Car

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"This is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned! It gets 42 mpg, has great power and acceleration, and turns heads. I get compliments from everyone that rides in it with me."

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"06 TDI/DSG this is a fun car to drive, I have about 44,000 on it with no problems. The best fuel mileage that I have got is 53.75 mpg running about 60-65 mph with no A/C. Average fuel mileage is around 42mpg with A/C blasting and 75+mph. great car. One major problem I have with this car is service. Read your owners manual!! I find the service departments at the two VW dealerships are very lacking in their knowledge, especially the TDI with the DSG transmission. They didn’t even know the transmission needed a fluid and filter at 40,000 miles, and one dealer didn’t even know this transmission had a filter. They score a big 0 in the service part on this car! Great car! Unreliable service departments! Very good fuel mileage, fun to drive."

50 mpg

"handles great"

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

love it

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"i've had numerous vehicles from BMW 06 330 ci convertible, 00 325ci, HONDA Accord 90 ex, 92 EX, 94 EX, & 95 EX coupe & Civic 04 ex coupe, Land Rover, Mercedes CLK, Jeep Grand Cherokee 05 4.7, TAHOE Z71 98 GTI VR6 01 Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburg & this CURRENT 06 value edition 2.5. I love it. The torque is awesome, & I love the sound of the raucus engine. crank the stereo and drive it hard and it's very fun! I am currently beginning to research what types of modifications I can make to increase it's performance. It handles amazingly well- the rear end takes a lot to get it to step out of line and at highway speeds- emergency lane change manuveurs are fantastic- My MOm wasn't even scared.. she felt confident in the vehicle and my abilities of course! p.s. I drive a lot it already has 40k in miles on it- some on the curviest hardest revving roads in America."