2010 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1018 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Drives great, looks great--but it's a Volkswagen.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Styling, looks, amenities."

Cons: "premium fuel"

"Wonderful-looking car, and fun to drive. Super looks. At this point, though (86,000 miles and just out of warranty), strange things are going on, costing me over $2000 in repairs this summer."

The best car I have owned. In 40 years of driving

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive! I have a manual trans."

Cons: "Every year it gets older."

"I have owned a lot of cars in my life and this one all around is the best. It handles great, it gets 43.4 mpg per gallon(with out a/c, about 4 miles less with) around town and up to 50 on the highway. It cruses great, fits in most every parking space I find, has great trunk and cabin space. Four people fit well(I am 6'3" at 220lbs). With diesel fuel per gallon usually within 10% of gas cost and this car getting about 100% more per mile then most, in these times wow! 600 miles per tank!"

best car ever

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "handling, reliability, peppy"

Cons: "a bit small for larger people"

"82,000 miles later. Great car, great handling, NOT ONE MECHANICAL FAILURE IN SIX YEARS."

Its well-worth it

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, stylish, reliability"

Cons: "Interior made with choppy materials."

"I have had this car for nearly 6 years. The only downfall I have had is that the AC needs maintance and I am not sure exactly what is needed but it might be the entire compressor. Other than that this car is still running great at 114,000 miles. Engine purrs. I am going to keep this car until the transmission goes out. That is the only component that I can see failing as the transmission does skip on down shifting mainly but this is generally "normal". This car is a very economic car and I still love my decision."

Perfect Car!

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, comfortable"

"I am a college student who commutes. This car gets good mpg and it is a peppy car. I owned a 2002 vw jetta before this and i loved it, so i decided to stick to the vw family. I have no complaints about this car. It is very comfortable, great sound system, and it also does well in the snow for being a 2wd sedan. I will most deffinently stick with VW's!!!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage, plenty of trunk room,comfortable"

Cons: "No cup holders in the backseat"

"I've had a Jetta for several years and have only had one slight mechanical issue! The car drives very well, has luxuries that I love (leather seats, sun roof, etc.) and gets great gas mileage. For a smaller car, the trunk has plenty of room for what I need to store and carry. It's a good value for the price. The only downside is that VW must perform any type of service (other than oil changes) and that can be expensive."

Great Value and Teriffic Car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "overall a great car"

Cons: "Heater is a little slow to warm up, no heated whee"

"40 to 53 mpg, Driving dynamics superb, reliability superb, comfort supurb. trunk huge. Now for the bad things: a little noisy on the rough highways although it could be the tires because it is quiet on new roads. The heater takes a while to warm up. I would like AWD and a heated stearing wheel. THAT's IT."

Best value, comfort and fuel efficiency

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "fast, sporty, comfortable, GREAT MILEAGE"

"I have owned and loved three Diesel Jettas over the years. This one is the best yet. Fast, sporty, and comfortable, and GREAT MILEAGE. I love it. Not a luxury car, but still very nice to drive and proud to own. Efficient reliable transportation with some fun thrown in."

Great car but too many issues.

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Great all round car"

Cons: "Too problematic"

"This car is a fantastic piece of equipment-when it doesn't have a problem. The driving experience is great and it is a quality vehicle in terms of capability. It is a good sports car when you want it to be (GLi model) and a great economical vehicle for daily driving (31 MPG highway). However, there have been too many issues-trunk switch and latch had to be replaced, nav unit replaced, the oil filler spout came of the engine valve cover and had to be replaced ($800), the catalytic converter went out at 75k and had to be replaced, the fuel pump went out at 89k and the camshaft and lifters were damaged too-that all needed replaced too. I have to put new brake/tail light bulbs in every 3-4 months because one always burns out without fail. VW service is great at my local dealer, but no courtesy car is a pain-they had my car for almost 3 weeks working on the fuel pump and camshaft-I drive for a living and this was a major upset/inconvenience to my family. This car has been one of the best I have had in terms of equipment/technology etc, but by far the worst in terms of reliability and cost to repair-Thank God I had a good extended warranty! I must also say that VW stepped up and repaired a lot of things under their own warranty, even though the bumper to bumper and engine warranty's were expired. A perfect love/hate situation!"

I Love my Jettta

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Great PRice, Excellent Reliability--Best Car I have ever owned!"

Cons: "No iPod attachment for my year."

"I used to own Jeep Wranglers and CJ's which were a lot of fun. When gas prices went through the roof...so did I. Walked right into local dealership and bought my TDI. Best car decision I have EVER made. I get anywhere from 42 to 53 mpg. which means I fill my tank roughly once a month...and I'm usually only at the 1/4 full mark. This little car has pick up! My first car was a very old Mercedes Diesel....and "Gertie" was cute and reliable but it took about 10 minutes to get to 60mph. Not with my Jetta. My only regret is that now they are less expensive then when I bought my car. How does VW do that? OK so there are some very expensive things that have to be replaced at 90,000 (timing belt--$1000). Also, you can never go to a Jiffy Lube to get them tuned up or oil changed. They don't have the wrenches. If they try it you will be sorry. Just find a VW specialist and take it to them. A bit more $$ but you will be rewarded in the end."