2009 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1039 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I bought my 2006 Jetta 2.5 used and I got a great deal on it. I havn't had any problems with it and I also learned how to change the oil on her myself. Make sure you google how to change the oil if you do it yourself there are some nuances that you should be aware of. I love the power and the triptronic shifter, I went over mulholland drive and that was a blast."

VW TDI

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"THIS CAR IS A TRUE BLADDER BUSTER, 600 MILE PLUS RANGE. CAN DRIVE 20,200,OR400 MILES AND BE READY FOR MORE. VW SERVICE PRICEY BUT ONLY REQUIRED EVER 10,000 MILES. ONLY PROBLEM TO DATE AT 43K MILES IS THAT THE CLOCK RUNS SLOW. I PLAN TO TEST THE THE 12 YEAR UNLIMITED MILEAGE RUST WARRANTY. MPG RUNS BETWEEN 45-50 WITH THE 6 SPEED AUTO."

In now way feels like an "economy" car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I had an '01 VW Passat, which I loved. However, it had a few mechanical issues so I opted to trade it in for something new. I was worried about the "step down" to a Jetta from the Passat. Although I still prefer the body style of my '01 Passat over the Jetta, I LOVE the way the Jetta drives and "feels." It also gets much better gas mileage. The new Jetta styles and packages have come a long way from the past. In no way feel does my new Jetta feel like an "economy" car. For what I wanted, I'm very happy with my purchase."

Gas saver before gas savers.

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"This is a small comfortable car for driving on highway. German engineering makes it a most dependable vehicle. I always get 30 miles to the gallon, cost effective to drive. It is low set therefore easy to take corners and curves. I have never had one problem with it, not one. As a woman this is a key issue, as safety and security are of utmost importance."

Great car. Handling, mileage, comfort. the whole

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Best german car for the money"

Cons: "service can be pricey"

"Still has dashboard blue lights. VW should never have changed. I plan on driving this car into the ground. Nothing appears cheap in the interior. Gets over 40mpg."

great car when its working.

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive. comfortable. plenty of space"

Cons: "expensive fixes."

"Loved this car until things started to go bad. I had bought this car as my first car not knowing that volkswagon's would be such an expensive fix and once one thing happened a lot of other things went after. (not to mention I had to get synthetic oil so $90 oil changes) When it was working it was a great car. Drove well and very comfortable. Only downside like I said is repairs. Most places in the Houston area that I would try to get it repaired at don't work on volkswagon because it has special parts and I had been told several times that I would have to go to the actual dealer. I have been told that the newer ones don't have these problems but I would definitely look into it first before buying. OR buy brand new so you have warranty through the manufactor"

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "mpg, reliable, safe and sound."

Cons: "can't think of any."

"I usually trade vehicles about every 2 years, but I have owned this 2006 Jetta TDI from new. It has had a minimum amount of break downs. Hose on turbo split, cv boots replaced is all the repairs I have had to deal with. I now have 110000 miles on it. When maintained properly, (oil changes, timing belt,etc.) it will go for a good 200,000 plus. It handles great in ice and snow, and is a comfortable ride on road trips. All this and a 40 plus mpg this car is really hard to beat."

Fabulous car

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent value, great service,"

Cons: "Stiff bucket seats, hard to load children"

"This car rocks. It's sporty, fun to drive, and we get complimented on it all the time. I love the way it hugs the road, the steering is tight but not ornery and the the interior styling is upscale. I'm not crazy about the bucket seats, a little uncomfortable for wider hips on long drives, and is low to the ground to achieve its sporty handling which can be a little effort to get in and out of with a baby, but overall this car is a 10."

incredible value, + enviro, great drive

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "incredible value, responsive handling, nice design"

Cons: "womens ergonomics and ease of exit"

"This is one of the best deals out there. I ALWAYS get 40mpg and can get 50 if I try. I love the pickup and handling, space, etc. The amount I have spent on maintenance in total is less than two regular services on my old subaru. The engine will last forever. I only have three minor complaints. The seats are low and the car is hard to get out of, esp on a hill so I wouldn't recommend for those with limited mobility. Most car manufacturers don't have seat ergonomics that fit women very well. This car does fit much better than others on the market, but could use a couple more adjustable inches in the steering wheel and the headrests push too far forward. The only mechanical issue I have is that the auto transmission has failed to engage twice when I wanted to pull out of a steep driveway and the car's been cold. The mechanics at the dealer say its an auto transmission built on top of a manual one so every now and then there is a burp. The dealership has been great. I LOVE the 120v outlet in the car--it's great for roadtrips."

First VW Not disappointed

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Styling, comfort on long drives, large cargo area"

Cons: "Cost of routine maintenance after warranty"

"Bought this '09 Jetta SE 2.5 "Black on Tan" New on July 23rd 2009 "Build date is May 20th 2009" And have loved every day of it. Great for road trips with lots of cargo room, Even more than the Tiguan. LOL.. We originally went to buy a Tiguan but then found out since it has the 2.0t Engine it must run premium unleaded gas and it has less cargo area than the Jetta. We have since added a '12 Touareg TDI to the family for the SUV needs but that's another story. This car has been Amazing though. Taken it cross country from coast to coast with zero problems. Only thing is once the carefree maintenance runs out it can get very expensive for routine maintenance. As with any German car. The car has also held up amazingly well in the 120°F Las Vegas Summers. Cant say that about a few Hondas I have owned. :/ If your thinking about buying this car get it as a Certified Pre Owned from a Real VW Dealer. I think they throw in a 25k warranty on their pre owned cars."