2009 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1049 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Huge improvement over previous Jetta

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"I bought my 2006 Jetta brand new. Despite having some concern about quality based on reports of other people with the previous Jetta (1999-2004), I've been very impressed. The car now has 30,000 miles on it with nary an issue. There are "phantom" problems however due to the car having extremely advanced technology. I noticed the car was a little noisy at startup, but after I did some research, it turns out that there is a air pump that reduces pollution when you first turn on the car that makes a bit more noise. Indeed I've driven a couple other Jettas and this is a normal and proper thing. Also, to replace the windshield wipers, you must press down on the wiper stalk within 10 seconds after turning off the car. This puts the wipers in service mode and allows them to be changed. Overall, I love this car and would happily recommend one to anybody looking for a reliable and fun car."

love my VW!

By on Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pros: "gas mileage,roomy, quality interior,easy maintain"

Cons: "low,lightweight,non power lights"

"I have loved my jetta diesel tdi sport wagon. It has plenty of room to cart around all kinds of stuff for my job as an interior designer or for long trips. It gets great gas mileage, I fill up less than once a week, much better than the lexus 350 I owned. It is easy to park in urban situations. I love the fit and finish of the interior, it looks and feels like a much more expensive european car (I have the tan leatherette trim-easy to clean, holds up better than leather, and the panoramic sunroof is amazing, and I love the heated seats) yet it does not cost an arm and a leg to service it. That is one of he reasons I chose it over a bmw, audi, or volvo. I also chose it for the excellent gas mileage (close second was Prius villager but I didn't think prius interior was as nice). Drawbacks-well we all know there have been recalls over the false emissions claims so now I am deciding whether to let vw buy back my vehicle or to take the payout. I love the car and would be happy to stay in it so that is how I'm leaning. Other drawbacks: HP is not that great for passing on hwy; the car is light and low so driving amidst 18 wheelers on I-95 was daunting, but I rarely do that; Pet peeve: headlights must be turned on and off manually-I have too often forgotten and left my lights on only to find a dead battery in the morning-come on VW you can do better than that! Lastly, I was used to higher sitting SUVs so that took some time to get used to-I do wish it sat a little higher, so would consider the Tiguan next time, though it does not come in diesel model so mileage not as good. Overall this has been my favorite car ever (owned VW rabbit convertible ,jetta sedan,bmw 3 and 5 series,honda odyssey, land rover discovery,cadillac srx, lexus 350- loved this car too except for gas mileage) Overall I highly recommend this car"

I LOVE MY JETTA AKA BLACKBERRY : )

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "The steering wheel gets super cold in the winter."

"I have had this car since 2009. I keep up with the maintenance and I have never had an issue. The only thing that worries me a bit is that the sunroof at times (not often) has a mind of its own and it opens by itself. It is rare when it happens but it does happen maybe twice a year. A great thing about this car is that it has a nice size trunk and it is reliable. Love my Jetta!"

Wont drive anything else

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I have owned 2 of these vehicles. I will never own any other kind of car. The fuel milage is crazy good, up to 55 mpg"

Reliable 45 MPG Diesel

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, reliability, safety, classy looking interior"

Cons: "High AC vents, leg room, low front bumper"

"I went 167000 miles on this car with nothing but maintenance before something actually needed repaired. Good reliable little car feels more solid in construction than most small cars. The interior and exterior don't look or feel cheap like most fuel economy cars either. I am short so the leg room never bothered me but my 6'2" son looks a little cramped in the passenger's seat now. If you move the front seats back there isn't much leg room for adult sized passenger's in the back. Car is ok to haul a bunch of kids around until they hit their teen years. But hey, it's so cheap on fuel you really can't beat it. Supposed to get 40 mpg but I get 45 mpg. For a diesel it's quiet. The ac vents in the front are up a little higher than most cars. In Arizona it's so hot we actually DO want it blowing on our faces and messing up our hair. The front bumper is pretty low so if you let your tires get low this bumper can catch on the parking curb and when you go to back out it will pop off! The front passenger's seat has an awkward turn knob for adjusting the seat up and down while the driver's side is electric. Safety rating for side impact is the highest of any small car out there. Doors feel heavy and there are airbags everywhere. I feel safer in my Jetta than the bigger newer Passat they gave me as a loaner!"

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I bought my 2006 Jetta 2.5 used and I got a great deal on it. I havn't had any problems with it and I also learned how to change the oil on her myself. Make sure you google how to change the oil if you do it yourself there are some nuances that you should be aware of. I love the power and the triptronic shifter, I went over mulholland drive and that was a blast."

VW TDI

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"THIS CAR IS A TRUE BLADDER BUSTER, 600 MILE PLUS RANGE. CAN DRIVE 20,200,OR400 MILES AND BE READY FOR MORE. VW SERVICE PRICEY BUT ONLY REQUIRED EVER 10,000 MILES. ONLY PROBLEM TO DATE AT 43K MILES IS THAT THE CLOCK RUNS SLOW. I PLAN TO TEST THE THE 12 YEAR UNLIMITED MILEAGE RUST WARRANTY. MPG RUNS BETWEEN 45-50 WITH THE 6 SPEED AUTO."

In now way feels like an "economy" car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I had an '01 VW Passat, which I loved. However, it had a few mechanical issues so I opted to trade it in for something new. I was worried about the "step down" to a Jetta from the Passat. Although I still prefer the body style of my '01 Passat over the Jetta, I LOVE the way the Jetta drives and "feels." It also gets much better gas mileage. The new Jetta styles and packages have come a long way from the past. In no way feel does my new Jetta feel like an "economy" car. For what I wanted, I'm very happy with my purchase."

Gas saver before gas savers.

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"This is a small comfortable car for driving on highway. German engineering makes it a most dependable vehicle. I always get 30 miles to the gallon, cost effective to drive. It is low set therefore easy to take corners and curves. I have never had one problem with it, not one. As a woman this is a key issue, as safety and security are of utmost importance."

Great car. Handling, mileage, comfort. the whole

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Best german car for the money"

Cons: "service can be pricey"

"Still has dashboard blue lights. VW should never have changed. I plan on driving this car into the ground. Nothing appears cheap in the interior. Gets over 40mpg."