2009 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1008 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

In now way feels like an "economy" car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I had an '01 VW Passat, which I loved. However, it had a few mechanical issues so I opted to trade it in for something new. I was worried about the "step down" to a Jetta from the Passat. Although I still prefer the body style of my '01 Passat over the Jetta, I LOVE the way the Jetta drives and "feels." It also gets much better gas mileage. The new Jetta styles and packages have come a long way from the past. In no way feel does my new Jetta feel like an "economy" car. For what I wanted, I'm very happy with my purchase."

Little-Known VW GTI cousin is a STEAL!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"The GLI is a 'GTI with a trunk'. Much more functional for a small family than a GTI, but with all the fun of driving when you are alone and want to zip. Don't mistake this car for the awful VW Jetta base car - this is a completely different turbo engine. Solid, reliable, lot of safety features. Engine powerband starts at 1800 rpm, as opposed to all other sports cars in this class that start at about 3500 rpm. This translates into great acceleration from a signal. Also, incredible real life 28mpg/32 city/hwy over last year - most other comparable cars are rated at about 23mpg. The turbo engine really helps with mileage. Great quality (shares components with the Audi A4), and definitely great value for money. If you want a sports car you can grow into - THIS is IT!"

Excellent "Green" Car

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"This is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned! It gets 42 mpg, has great power and acceleration, and turns heads. I get compliments from everyone that rides in it with me."

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"06 TDI/DSG this is a fun car to drive, I have about 44,000 on it with no problems. The best fuel mileage that I have got is 53.75 mpg running about 60-65 mph with no A/C. Average fuel mileage is around 42mpg with A/C blasting and 75+mph. great car. One major problem I have with this car is service. Read your owners manual!! I find the service departments at the two VW dealerships are very lacking in their knowledge, especially the TDI with the DSG transmission. They didn’t even know the transmission needed a fluid and filter at 40,000 miles, and one dealer didn’t even know this transmission had a filter. They score a big 0 in the service part on this car! Great car! Unreliable service departments! Very good fuel mileage, fun to drive."

By on Friday, July 27, 2007