2009 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 989 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Best car I've bought

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun to drive, fit and finish"

Cons: "Maintenance difficult to do yourself"

"We have the Cup Edition and it's the best vehicle we've owned. It's fun to drive around town and even better on the highway. My wife drives 75 miles each way to work and she averages 47mpg. The inside is nice. I don't know what else to say other than we love the car."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage is awesome, handles great, reliable"

Cons: "no leg room"

"This car is the third VW Jetta TDI I've owned and I will continue to buy them. The gas mileage is phenomenal! I average about 46 mpg highway. It is very reliable and handles pretty well in cold weather and snow considering its size and weight. The only problem I've had with any of the three I owned is the wiring in the steering column. I had this problem on my second Jetta, but not the one I own now. I feel very safe in these cars as well. The handling is great and the safety ratings are good too. The trunk fits a lot."

Great car.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "great car fun to drive."

"Fun to drive. Never let me down. only regular maintenance."

Great car, minus the price of repairs

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Runs FOREVER! Great MPG. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to repair. Specialty parts are awful."

"I absolutely LOVE my Jetta TDI! It has not fail me yet. I have driven it across country many times and it is awesome. What I love most about it is the MPG. If I don't speed, I can get up to 45+ on the highway, and then in the city it gets about 30+. But if something goes out on the ol' hot rod it is very pricey to fix. One of my headlights went out one time and it was about $60 to fix... And getting the oil changed (only every 10,000 miles cause its a TDI) is about $50. But do you expect anything less from a German car? Again I absolutely LOVE my car, besides the price of the repairs:)"

great auto

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "will buy another the diesel comes loaded"

Cons: "0"

"Great car Comfortable on long trips--41 to 49 mpg diesel 31 to 32 in city quiet no smell, smoke or clatter different sound than gas engine great looking roomy for passengers and luggage minimal torque steer cruises easily at 80 at 2500 rpm reliable"

Awesome Car!

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Sharp looking, drives great, very good options!"

Cons: "Only con I have is that it's black!"

"This is the best vehicle I've ever owned! I love this car and hope it never wears out. If it does, you can bet I will get another VW Jetta!!!"

Gas saver before gas savers.

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

"This is a small comfortable car for driving on highway. German engineering makes it a most dependable vehicle. I always get 30 miles to the gallon, cost effective to drive. It is low set therefore easy to take corners and curves. I have never had one problem with it, not one. As a woman this is a key issue, as safety and security are of utmost importance."

Good car but major electrical issues

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Bad on gas, electrical issues always a problem"

"I have n 09 Jetta SE Sedan. The car is nice but be prepared as this car constantly has electrical issues. Many people who have had VW's in the past say this is a major issue with having this type of car. It's not good on gas. I travel a lot for work and use rental cars so I get different cars. I can see some brand cars are very good on gas in which my Jetta can not compare."

Beware over 80,000 miles

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Tight steering, sunroof"

Cons: "Engine trouble, little things that don't work"

"Bought new. Car had few problems in the beginning other than some small things (and a small engine problem that was repaired under warranty). Then, all went downhill. First, the hatchback would not open. Ended up spending $1000 to replace locking feature. The back doors don't lock, which we chose not to replace because that would have cost about $500 to diagnose and replace. At approximately 100k miles, replaced some sort of emmision flaps ($2000). Then the whopper.... Balance shaft assembly ($3000). We maintain our cars at the dealership and this has put me over the edge. We bought the car for the tdi and have been very disappointed. Buyer beware... There are only a handful of mechanics that will even touch the tdi and then they charge a ton. Love the sunroof and it does get better gas mileage than most, but we never got the 50 mpg advertised."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, comfortable, dsg transmission"

Cons: "no MFSW, no bluetooth,"

"If you are looking for a sedan that's sporty like a GTI but still practical, here's where you need to be. This 2008 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition has been great to me. I haven't had very many problems with the car, the only issue was one thing a couple years back, with less than thirty days after buying the car so it was warrantied, but I can't recall what it was. The suspension is not sporty, it is very comfortable - even though it has the sporty engine, the same one that comes in the 2008+ GTI and GLI, the ever so reliable 2.0TSI (which I adore). The DSG shifts like butter. It's great. The steering wheel is responsive and easy to turn. It's stylish and bubbly. The only thing I really wish this car had was more convenience. Since it's still a "Jetta" not a GLI or GTI it didn't come with steering wheel functions, or even the little menu on the dash they have that tells you your fuel consumption and miles until your tank is empty. Though I didn't keep track of the MPGs I got while driving, I usually averaged about 350 miles per tank, or 375+ when only highway driving. All-around great car."