2009 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1022 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Remarkably reliable

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This has been my most reliable car, perhaps that's why I've had it for 10 years. Only 1-2 warranty issues over the years and very economical to use as my commuter car. Good comfort. Good ride quality and handling. Spacious trunk. Plenty of room."

Love it

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

"We bought this car brand new in 2007 and have driven it all over the place. We have made sure we stuck to the owner's manual for all maintenance and it is a good thing we did because this car has been nothing but incredible to us. We shipped it from the US to the UK, drove it all over Europe and then shipped it back to the US with us and she is still going strong. 112k miles and we haven't had any major issues (I definitely cannot say the same about our TDI beetle). Like one other reviewer, we've had a couple of warranty items that we had fixed but other than that, our biggest issues have been the driver side headlight goes through bulbs rather quickly (really not that big of a deal) and the panel between the front and back passenger side windows had paint peel off of it (again, not that big of an issue considering its a black panel and the material under the paint is also black). My husband is a TDI lover for life now. Once this car finally dies, he plans on buying another one."

Great drivetrain, but Electrical,Interior is poor

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Excellent gas milage"

Cons: "Interior,exterior quality"

"Electrical wiring harness recall.Class action only partially paid for replacement.Headliners only lasted a few years.Plastic coating on doorlocks radio ect. comes off in pieces.Headlight lens degrade quickly.Problem with trunk latches.My 2006 drives great but the extra cost repairing poor quality adds up."

WORST CAR EVER

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"since I bought the car 3 yeears ago/2006 I've been to the dealer at least 15-20times for repair and some part replacements . most of them where coverd by warrantty.till 50k miles.I've just spend $ 5,000.00 on the transmition ,'ive got about 65k miles on it.WORST CAR EVER. They are to costly to maintaine & repair."

Drives great, looks great--but it's a Volkswagen.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Styling, looks, amenities."

Cons: "premium fuel"

"Wonderful-looking car, and fun to drive. Super looks. At this point, though (86,000 miles and just out of warranty), strange things are going on, costing me over $2000 in repairs this summer."