2009 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1001 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive and economical."

Cons: "I little hard to get in and out for an old guy!!"

"The Sport Wagen is a blast to drive and gets fantastic mileage with the diesell engine."

Awesome Car!

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Bright daytime running lights"

"I love my Jetta! I got it last summer (2014) and I absolutely love driving it. It had 77K miles on it when I got it, and it runs great. I will be going to college in 2 years, and I plan on keeping it for at least another 6 year, if not longer."

Worst vehicle ever bought.

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "the transmission is faulty and cost a fortune"

"At first I thought the vehicle was great and looked great but after the first year I started having issues with the transmission which the dealership kept telling me that nothing was wrong. After the warranty ran out I took it to another company who replaced the transmission stating that most of these transmission have been having issues and caused most owners to have to replace the transmission. It ran fine for about a year and I am having issues again and they can't tell me where it is coming from but it is shifting hard, getting stuck in gear, and has all of the shift gears light up at once on the dash. My engine light is also on again for the hundredth time. I also had to replace the catalytic convertor six month ago when it went out which cost over a thousand dollars. I have had other small issues as well but they didn't cost me that much or I just ignore it like the fact that all the paint came off the stereo buttons, not normal wear."

Best. New car I have ever had. It is eight years o

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage and handling."

"It is eight years old and has only required regular maintenance. I leased it first for three years and then decided to buy. Runs excellent and drives like a little German race car. Purchased three year warranty insurance on it at time of purchase but should have kept the thousand dollars. No bells and whistles...stick shift with full power windows etc, but is one in a million. Would DEFINITELY buy another Volkswagon!!!"

110,000 miles and drives like it did on day 1

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "powerful smaller car with good fuel efficiency"

Cons: "Diesel pricing, but..."

"Purchased this because it was a clean diesel with a strong engine. Have had for 5 years. 110,000 miles later and it still drives as well today as it did on day one. I drive about 60 miles roundtrip every day in not so great city driving conditions. Regular maintenance has kept this running really well. Fuel efficiency is a bonus!"

Great dependable, low maintenance, good looking -

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, good looking, dependable, low maintenance"

"Sharp car, fun to drive, good looking, low maintenance, very comfortable. Still looks gray after 7 years - good gas mileage, great wagon."

Absolutely hate this car!!!

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "None."

Cons: "Expensive parts for repairs."

"Where to began. The headliner started to come loose after about 2 years. That was going to cost about $1k. Of course, the warranty was done. This car nickeled and dimed for repairs for almost 7 years. Now the transmission is bad and will cost about $4k-$5k to fix. And it is only at 133,000 miles. I say this after driving a 1986 Honda Prelude 295,000. Still driving a 2001 Mit. Montero at 249,000. I had a Datsun 200sx that I drove for about 300,000 before I sold it. I try to drive the wheels off of my cars before I get another. I'm selling the jetta asap. Oh, and I paid the jetta off."

do not get a jetta

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"This car was the worst car I have ever owned. I have owned a 2006 Altima, a 2009 Altima, a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and each one blows the Jetta out of the water. The Jetta has had constant maintenance issues since it hit 90,000 miles. Bought this car for $14,000 last July and I regret that more than just about anything"

Almost good

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "too many small problems"

"I was pretty satisfied with this car, until I started having trouble with so many little things. First the cover the rear windshield wiper fell off, might have been from car wash. Then my rear hatch would only open sometimes. Then the driver side door would not lock, Now the rear driver side door won't unlock, and can't even open from the inside. I believe it's bad lock actuators. I also had to replace the Turbo actuator, which the dealer was unable to diagnose, they wanted to replace the whole turbo, but luckily found a good local shop to fix it. I really wanted to like the car. I love the handling and the awesome MPG, but overall I'm disappointed with the car."

Love it

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Great price, dependable, reliable"

Cons: "tdi jetta get even better mileage"

"Best car I have ever owned, couldn't be happier with the 2010 jetta. I tried out a lot of cars but being 6'2" was an issue. this has plenty of room for my feet and head. Ive owned it since 2010 and almost have it paid off and don't plan on getting rid of it. Everything seems top of the line and the ride is the smoothest and quietest ride out there as far as I'm concerned."