2008 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1047 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage, plenty of trunk room,comfortable"

Cons: "No cup holders in the backseat"

"I've had a Jetta for several years and have only had one slight mechanical issue! The car drives very well, has luxuries that I love (leather seats, sun roof, etc.) and gets great gas mileage. For a smaller car, the trunk has plenty of room for what I need to store and carry. It's a good value for the price. The only downside is that VW must perform any type of service (other than oil changes) and that can be expensive."

I Love my Jettta

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Great PRice, Excellent Reliability--Best Car I have ever owned!"

Cons: "No iPod attachment for my year."

"I used to own Jeep Wranglers and CJ's which were a lot of fun. When gas prices went through the roof...so did I. Walked right into local dealership and bought my TDI. Best car decision I have EVER made. I get anywhere from 42 to 53 mpg. which means I fill my tank roughly once a month...and I'm usually only at the 1/4 full mark. This little car has pick up! My first car was a very old Mercedes Diesel....and "Gertie" was cute and reliable but it took about 10 minutes to get to 60mph. Not with my Jetta. My only regret is that now they are less expensive then when I bought my car. How does VW do that? OK so there are some very expensive things that have to be replaced at 90,000 (timing belt--$1000). Also, you can never go to a Jiffy Lube to get them tuned up or oil changed. They don't have the wrenches. If they try it you will be sorry. Just find a VW specialist and take it to them. A bit more $$ but you will be rewarded in the end."

Its well-worth it

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, stylish, reliability"

Cons: "Interior made with choppy materials."

"I have had this car for nearly 6 years. The only downfall I have had is that the AC needs maintance and I am not sure exactly what is needed but it might be the entire compressor. Other than that this car is still running great at 114,000 miles. Engine purrs. I am going to keep this car until the transmission goes out. That is the only component that I can see failing as the transmission does skip on down shifting mainly but this is generally "normal". This car is a very economic car and I still love my decision."

Great Value and Teriffic Car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "overall a great car"

Cons: "Heater is a little slow to warm up, no heated whee"

"40 to 53 mpg, Driving dynamics superb, reliability superb, comfort supurb. trunk huge. Now for the bad things: a little noisy on the rough highways although it could be the tires because it is quiet on new roads. The heater takes a while to warm up. I would like AWD and a heated stearing wheel. THAT's IT."

Our best vehicle

By on Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pros: "quiet on road"

Cons: "no place for lady's purse"

"Reliable, good in bad weather/new snow up to 5 inches (tested!). Well-placed intuitive controls, good heating/AC, and mist clearing for windows. Always felt very safe with excellent road handling, good ride comfort. Good to know we were driving the best "Green" sedan for overall mileage, energy use, and clean exhaust."

Best value, comfort and fuel efficiency

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "fast, sporty, comfortable, GREAT MILEAGE"

"I have owned and loved three Diesel Jettas over the years. This one is the best yet. Fast, sporty, and comfortable, and GREAT MILEAGE. I love it. Not a luxury car, but still very nice to drive and proud to own. Efficient reliable transportation with some fun thrown in."

Still love it!

By on Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pros: "Very safe, fun and comfortable. Huge trunk."

Cons: "Usually can't use generic parts"

"Wonderful car. I have kept up my Jetta's regular maintenance and have brought it in for any recalls and I have not had a problem. It really is a great car. When I first bought it, however, I had an argument with the dealership who insisted that this vehicle can only run on special VW oil. This is in no way true and I found the answer in an online manual (which I printed, highlighted and brought back to him) that discusses the need to use synthetic oil but there's no requirement to use a special VW brand synthetic oil to function properly or to keep the warranty. So I didn't buy the VW maintenance package and have gone to auto centers (such as Sears) to get my oil changes and as long as I used synthetic oil my warranty never broke prematurely. The only downfall to the car is that you usually can't use generic parts (even for things such as air and oil filters) but most mechanics and auto centers have them in stock. This brings the price up a bit for regular maintenance. Other than that the car is great and incredibly safe. It's comfortable for both short and tall people ( the driver seat raises for shorter people and has an overall roomy cabin which is good for taller people). It also has an unexpectedly huge trunk which always comes in handy for road trips and during moves."

A lot of bang for the buck

By on Thursday, July 1, 2010

"I've had my Wolfsburg w/dsg for 2 months. I have used around the metro area but also on a 1,000 mile road trip. The front seats are very comfortable and supportive. The 2.0 Turbo and DSG transmission work very well together. I never give a second thought about passing or entering a freeway onramp, with more than adequate power. I can't imagine buying a Jetta and not stepping up to the Wolfsburg...it's a no-brainer."

Never felt safer in a small vehicle

By on Friday, May 14, 2010

"I had an accident in my 2006 Jetta TDI in May of 2010. I have never felt more safe during an accident. I've been rear ended at slower speeds and have had much worse whiplash. I had none this time. This is a solid vehicle and receives amazing gas mileage. I've averaged well above the window average for highway miles on long car trips. This is a huge budget saver."

06 TDI Pkg Hard to beat for the $

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"3+ years , 39+k miles, 40 mpg average overall. Continental tires wear well, but are noisy, Toyo is a good replacement. Maintainance is oil changes at 7K, and $5 to replace a light bulb. Recently replaced a defective factory clutch (warranty) and picked up 2-3 mpg in urban driving. Last tank 507 miles, 13 gallons...do the math. With the bad clutch I had seen 45-48 mpg at freeway speeds of 65-75 mph, 35 in town. It could be more luxurious,( I bought from inventory,) it could be roomier, I'm 6' and 300+ pounds. Stereo is a bit weak in the speaker department, way below my Acura, and it really needs a 6th gear for hiway cruising, 2200-2300 rpm seems a little busy for this little engine, but it can hold it's own in the mountains no problem."