2007 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1039 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Best Car I have had

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I first got into TDI's while looking at hybrids. They were small and did not have the sporty pep I was used to comming off my Acura. I traveled alot and needed something that would get better mileage. I researched and told my wife that we needed to try out a Golf TDI, yeah it's a diesel. Anyway We test drove it and bought the same day. Over the next year I dorve from Missouri to Utah several times. I could not beleive how fun and efficient the car was to drive. It got to the point to where I would test out different driving patterns to see what my may MPG was and my max miles per tank. I got it up to 58 mpg (once it was broke in and doing between 50 and 55 mph) and 753 miles on one tank. I next custom ordered a Passat TDI wagon for my wife, selling the Golf out right (kick myself for selling it.) The passat TDI Wagon was an evolutionary step ahead in refinement. I get 36 mpg and my wife can get 42. Why am I writing this intro? Because the Jetta blows the Golf away in refinement, speed, fun and in hte HOV at 65 mph I can get 56 mpg. It's sporty, fast, and corners like a Vette. It's like an F-22 but on the ground. The aftermarket twinks you can do to it is amazing, both for speed, 1/4 mile and fuel economy. Above and beyond that is is built like a tank so it's occupants are survivable. It is the best car I have ever had. W"

Excellent Car!!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"This car is the greatest when it comes to performance, luxury, and price! As a former owner of a 2003 Honda Civic (Which I do NOT recommend!), I've been spoiled by my 2007 VW Jetta (Wolfsburg Edition). I love everything about this car! The only thing that I would like to change, would be to offer an upgrade option of a multi-functional steering wheel (with the buttons for radio, etc.) But for the performance and luxury features, you cannot bet everything you get for the price! Plus, the Wolfsburg Edition only comes out every 4 years. So, it'll be great for resale...that is if I ever decided to let it go!"

Total package

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"The 1.9 diesel preforms like my BMW and gets 43 mpg ave. 50 mpg hwy. Firm great ride. No diesel smell or noise. Why can't american cars be made as good?"

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

Great value

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Good economy, roomy, stylish, nice luxury features (interior lighting, materials used) and top safety ratings - - and all for not much more than an economy car. It's a great deal, and so far very well constructed . . . . I'd recommend it. Nothing drives like a VW, especially as speeds rise."

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"the 06 Jetta is a great car. It rides smooth is comfortable and get good gas mileage. The back seat is a little short on leg room if the driver is tall. However I use to have a 17 Jetta and a 2001 Passat and I think the quality in the 06 is not as good as it use to be."

Best VW I've owned

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"There is really nothing bad to say about this car! Averages 43 mpg winter/summer in mixed driving. V8 like torque and drives like a Euro car should. The DSG transmission works great after a little adjustment to using the handbrake when parking to prevent some roll until it locks, If you don't mind finding a diesel pump with a small nozzle, you won't find a more solid car for the money.!"

Love the car

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I love this vehicle, and I love how it is holding it's value, the clutch disc exploded at 20000 miles which is why I gave it 3 stars for reliability, but VW was fairly quick to replace it for me and gave me a passat loaner car. various rattles and lousey audio quality give it the 4 stars for quality. 40-45 MPG can't be beaten by anything that comes close to the performance and styling of this car."

There's a Reason for the JET in Jetta !

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This thing has alot of passing power with its 5 cyl engine. Hence the JET in the name. This car is very comfortable for 6 footers like me as the seats go back far enough for the driver to have leg room without compromising the rear passenges. You can open and close all the windows and the moonroof with the key inserted in the door; this is a great feature. The heated power seats are great, when you need a quick warm up and it's 29 degrees outside. Also if you put deicer in the washer with the heated winshield washer nozzles there is no need to scrape ice off the winshield for 15 min just turn on the washers and the ice is gone. This car is a great value beats Camry hands down ! GREAT CAR! This is only my 2nd VW. My first car was a 62 VW bug."

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"overall an excellent vehicle. after 3 hard driving years (78000mi) only problems are cosmetic ("chrome" gearbox liner bubbled, small dings in hood). recently had 2 episodes of rear trunk showing open on LED screen but was actually closed...then had trouble closing trunk when checking it. can't beat the mileage 50+hwy, 45+ rural. would definately recommend for distance commuters."