2007 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1045 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Fabulous car

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent value, great service,"

Cons: "Stiff bucket seats, hard to load children"

"This car rocks. It's sporty, fun to drive, and we get complimented on it all the time. I love the way it hugs the road, the steering is tight but not ornery and the the interior styling is upscale. I'm not crazy about the bucket seats, a little uncomfortable for wider hips on long drives, and is low to the ground to achieve its sporty handling which can be a little effort to get in and out of with a baby, but overall this car is a 10."

incredible value, + enviro, great drive

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "incredible value, responsive handling, nice design"

Cons: "womens ergonomics and ease of exit"

"This is one of the best deals out there. I ALWAYS get 40mpg and can get 50 if I try. I love the pickup and handling, space, etc. The amount I have spent on maintenance in total is less than two regular services on my old subaru. The engine will last forever. I only have three minor complaints. The seats are low and the car is hard to get out of, esp on a hill so I wouldn't recommend for those with limited mobility. Most car manufacturers don't have seat ergonomics that fit women very well. This car does fit much better than others on the market, but could use a couple more adjustable inches in the steering wheel and the headrests push too far forward. The only mechanical issue I have is that the auto transmission has failed to engage twice when I wanted to pull out of a steep driveway and the car's been cold. The mechanics at the dealer say its an auto transmission built on top of a manual one so every now and then there is a burp. The dealership has been great. I LOVE the 120v outlet in the car--it's great for roadtrips."

First VW Not disappointed

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Styling, comfort on long drives, large cargo area"

Cons: "Cost of routine maintenance after warranty"

"Bought this '09 Jetta SE 2.5 "Black on Tan" New on July 23rd 2009 "Build date is May 20th 2009" And have loved every day of it. Great for road trips with lots of cargo room, Even more than the Tiguan. LOL.. We originally went to buy a Tiguan but then found out since it has the 2.0t Engine it must run premium unleaded gas and it has less cargo area than the Jetta. We have since added a '12 Touareg TDI to the family for the SUV needs but that's another story. This car has been Amazing though. Taken it cross country from coast to coast with zero problems. Only thing is once the carefree maintenance runs out it can get very expensive for routine maintenance. As with any German car. The car has also held up amazingly well in the 120°F Las Vegas Summers. Cant say that about a few Hondas I have owned. :/ If your thinking about buying this car get it as a Certified Pre Owned from a Real VW Dealer. I think they throw in a 25k warranty on their pre owned cars."

loveitloveitloveit

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

"Comfortable, zippy and fun to drive in the mountains. Mileage is outstanding. My only complaint is the bumpers are so low to the ground it leads to scrapes in parking lots."

This is an amazing little car.

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Handles great! Gas mileage is awesome. Sturdy."

Cons: "weird electrical things go on but I bought it used"

"My 2007 is more fun and easier to drive than my new 2011 Jeep Compass, (though the compass is great!) Handles very well through the windy roads in Bodega Bay and gets about 270 miles on a full tank around town and 300 freeway. I believe the tank is around 12 gallons (??). I bought this car used and it was a rental car in it's previous life. There is a weird electrical thing that goes on at times with it; hard to explain but it has to do with the lights going on after disarming the alarm. Sometimes the lights go on when you open the door, and sometimes they don't. I am sure it's from some sort of abuse the rental car life had on it and it's not major so it doesn't really bother me. The 2.5 5 cylinder engine really has some great "get up and go". Jumping on the freeway is never an issue. The Jetta gets right up to speed to merge without any argument."

We love this car!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "comfy, fun to drive, safe, economical"

Cons: "not enough cup holders or CD storage"

"We traded in an old GM sedan for the Diesel Jetta Sports Wagen. I have never been happier with a car in my life! The car is comfortable. It handles beautifully and brakes in less distance than any car I've ever owned. We do a lot of highway driving, even in New England winters, and feel very confident in this car's safety. The best part is that it gets 40 mpg on the highway. We fill up half as often as we used to, which more than makes up for the higher per gallon cost of the Diesel fuel. It is easy to find Diesel in the Boston Metro area and, of course, along the highways. The interior is well-appointed. The rear seat can be reconfigured in various ways to accommodate furniture, 6-foot planks, and the like. I love the sliding sun roof and the excellent sound system. The car has an amazingly small turning radius for its length. What's not so great about it: some minor details. The hands-free bluetooth cell phone interface doesn't have all the features we expected; you can receive a call without touching the cell phone, but you need to at least activate voice control on the phone"

Best Bang For My Buck

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Who said you can't get Price, Quality and Mileage?"

Cons: "2012 fully decked out Passat (US made) is cheaper"

"It's been two years since I bought this car and I'm still in love with it. Most of my friends raised an eyebrow when I told them I got a station wagon... that is, till they sat in it and felt its powerful torque. PERFORMANCE: Driving is crisp, it handles very well and translates anything the front wheels get in touch with to the steering wheel. Acceleration is powerful, considering the price you pay. Drove a MB C300 for eight months prior to this car, and I have to honestly say that I like the VW better: the nature of the 4-cylinder engine makes it more responsive, it downshifts faster, and accelerates just as fast. The 6-speed DSG is amazingly smooth, though it can get confused at times, especially when driving very slow (like in parking lots, or stop and go traffic)-sometimes jumping around 1st and 2nd. I never had a single gap that I wasn't able to shoot into when passing on highway speeds. The car runs soft and very comfortable. Where I'm from (TX), Diesel costs more than Premium, but the mileage is excellent and totally worth the upped price in gas and the trim (TDI). INTERIOR: The interior is nice and very well engineered. The seats give just enough lumbar support and on long drives, my bladder gives out way before my back hurts or needs re-positioning. Great comfort! Have a toddler seat in the back, and as a 6-foot tall driver, my boys feet can touch/push against the back of my seat. Doesn't bother me, and my friends claim its way more comfy in the back than in many other cars they rode in. The dash and on-board computer are very simple to use, and there's great view lines all throughout the car. Blind spots are very minimal. I love how I can get my own mix on where the air from A/C flows: most cars have fixed settings where you can pick between a)all air through dash vent, b)all air through windshield vent, c)all air into where your feet are, or d) a mix between dash vent and feet vent. This car you can use a dial to mix your own ratio of air between front/windshield, or front/feet, or feet/windshield. Storage is amazing! I honestly don't know why people would go for the more expensive Tiguan that gets lesser mileage and has lesser storage!! This car just has it all. COMPLAINTS (just coz I have to be honest) There are times on the highway when it's windy when I wish the inside driving noise was a little lower. But, when I start hearing that wind, I turn the volume up just one or two notches and its taken care of. It would be nice to have one more cigarette lighter power outlet. There's only two available: one in-dash, and another in the cargo in the back. Maybe add one in the center console under armrest? Though the 110v outlet for a regular plug does more than make up for it. On VERY hot Texas summer days (100F ), the car does get a little hot, especially with only a cloth covering the full roof length sun-roof (or moon-roof? I never know the difference). A "as-dark-as-legally-possible" window tint pretty much fixed that for me though."

Exceeded expectations

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Great car, very fast acceleration with TDI"

Cons: "nothing worth mentioning"

"This car feels like a much more expensive car based on looks and performance. The Turbo Diesel engine makes this essentially a performance car. You have to be careful when at a full stop that you don't lay on the accelerator too hard or you will chirp the tires. Great handling, interior is perfect, and the trunk... wow can you get a lot of junk, I mean stuff, in the sedan trunk. A family of four can pack all they need for long road trips without a problem... no mini-van needed. Mileage, the big question, is usually around 40 MPG for hilly 70 mph commutes, but road trips on relatively flat roads has been 48-49 MPG. Cons: not much... the usual irritating loss of air in aluminum rims (not unique) and no warning when you leave the sun / moon roof open... again not unique. Snow performance with good snow tires has been GREAT in winters, which was our major worry after owning a vehicle with All Wheel Drive. Super car that feels like a sports car, but works for a family of four."

I liked my car, until it died...

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I loved my Jetta. It was fun to drive, comfortable and got decent mileage. Then it started having problems around 100k miles. In a span of 2 years I've had to replaced tires, power steering pump, fuel pump, water pump, brakes, and struts. Last week at 118k miles, by main body wire harness inexplicably shorted. The "gain controller" essentially melted. Every dealer I talk to says that it will be over $7500 to replace/repair. Good bye Jetta. I'm moving to a brand that has cheaper repairs."

GreaT CAR!!

By on Thursday, May 20, 2010

"TDI 2006: I would recomend this car to anyone who needs a good dependable and fuel effient car! The car gets around 42-46 MPG city/highway AVG...I have had no problems at all..GREAT CAR, I now have 71,000 mile on it and have only changed the oil, tires/brakes onces."