2007 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1040 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Reliable 45 MPG Diesel

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, reliability, safety, classy looking interior"

Cons: "High AC vents, leg room, low front bumper"

"I went 167000 miles on this car with nothing but maintenance before something actually needed repaired. Good reliable little car feels more solid in construction than most small cars. The interior and exterior don't look or feel cheap like most fuel economy cars either. I am short so the leg room never bothered me but my 6'2" son looks a little cramped in the passenger's seat now. If you move the front seats back there isn't much leg room for adult sized passenger's in the back. Car is ok to haul a bunch of kids around until they hit their teen years. But hey, it's so cheap on fuel you really can't beat it. Supposed to get 40 mpg but I get 45 mpg. For a diesel it's quiet. The ac vents in the front are up a little higher than most cars. In Arizona it's so hot we actually DO want it blowing on our faces and messing up our hair. The front bumper is pretty low so if you let your tires get low this bumper can catch on the parking curb and when you go to back out it will pop off! The front passenger's seat has an awkward turn knob for adjusting the seat up and down while the driver's side is electric. Safety rating for side impact is the highest of any small car out there. Doors feel heavy and there are airbags everywhere. I feel safer in my Jetta than the bigger newer Passat they gave me as a loaner!"

Our best vehicle

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "quiet on road"

Cons: "no place for lady's purse"

"Reliable, good in bad weather/new snow up to 5 inches (tested!). Well-placed intuitive controls, good heating/AC, and mist clearing for windows. Always felt very safe with excellent road handling, good ride comfort. Good to know we were driving the best "Green" sedan for overall mileage, energy use, and clean exhaust."

Still love it!

By on Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pros: "Very safe, fun and comfortable. Huge trunk."

Cons: "Usually can't use generic parts"

"Wonderful car. I have kept up my Jetta's regular maintenance and have brought it in for any recalls and I have not had a problem. It really is a great car. When I first bought it, however, I had an argument with the dealership who insisted that this vehicle can only run on special VW oil. This is in no way true and I found the answer in an online manual (which I printed, highlighted and brought back to him) that discusses the need to use synthetic oil but there's no requirement to use a special VW brand synthetic oil to function properly or to keep the warranty. So I didn't buy the VW maintenance package and have gone to auto centers (such as Sears) to get my oil changes and as long as I used synthetic oil my warranty never broke prematurely. The only downfall to the car is that you usually can't use generic parts (even for things such as air and oil filters) but most mechanics and auto centers have them in stock. This brings the price up a bit for regular maintenance. Other than that the car is great and incredibly safe. It's comfortable for both short and tall people ( the driver seat raises for shorter people and has an overall roomy cabin which is good for taller people). It also has an unexpectedly huge trunk which always comes in handy for road trips and during moves."

A lot of bang for the buck

By on Thursday, July 01, 2010

"I've had my Wolfsburg w/dsg for 2 months. I have used around the metro area but also on a 1,000 mile road trip. The front seats are very comfortable and supportive. The 2.0 Turbo and DSG transmission work very well together. I never give a second thought about passing or entering a freeway onramp, with more than adequate power. I can't imagine buying a Jetta and not stepping up to the Wolfsburg...it's a no-brainer."

Never felt safer in a small vehicle

By on Friday, May 14, 2010

"I had an accident in my 2006 Jetta TDI in May of 2010. I have never felt more safe during an accident. I've been rear ended at slower speeds and have had much worse whiplash. I had none this time. This is a solid vehicle and receives amazing gas mileage. I've averaged well above the window average for highway miles on long car trips. This is a huge budget saver."