2007 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1041 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

A lot of bang for the buck

By on Thursday, July 01, 2010

"I've had my Wolfsburg w/dsg for 2 months. I have used around the metro area but also on a 1,000 mile road trip. The front seats are very comfortable and supportive. The 2.0 Turbo and DSG transmission work very well together. I never give a second thought about passing or entering a freeway onramp, with more than adequate power. I can't imagine buying a Jetta and not stepping up to the Wolfsburg...it's a no-brainer."

Never felt safer in a small vehicle

By on Friday, May 14, 2010

"I had an accident in my 2006 Jetta TDI in May of 2010. I have never felt more safe during an accident. I've been rear ended at slower speeds and have had much worse whiplash. I had none this time. This is a solid vehicle and receives amazing gas mileage. I've averaged well above the window average for highway miles on long car trips. This is a huge budget saver."

06 TDI Pkg Hard to beat for the $

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"3+ years , 39+k miles, 40 mpg average overall. Continental tires wear well, but are noisy, Toyo is a good replacement. Maintainance is oil changes at 7K, and $5 to replace a light bulb. Recently replaced a defective factory clutch (warranty) and picked up 2-3 mpg in urban driving. Last tank 507 miles, 13 gallons...do the math. With the bad clutch I had seen 45-48 mpg at freeway speeds of 65-75 mph, 35 in town. It could be more luxurious,( I bought from inventory,) it could be roomier, I'm 6' and 300+ pounds. Stereo is a bit weak in the speaker department, way below my Acura, and it really needs a 6th gear for hiway cruising, 2200-2300 rpm seems a little busy for this little engine, but it can hold it's own in the mountains no problem."

Huge improvement over previous Jetta

By on Saturday, July 26, 2008

"I bought my 2006 Jetta brand new. Despite having some concern about quality based on reports of other people with the previous Jetta (1999-2004), I've been very impressed. The car now has 30,000 miles on it with nary an issue. There are "phantom" problems however due to the car having extremely advanced technology. I noticed the car was a little noisy at startup, but after I did some research, it turns out that there is a air pump that reduces pollution when you first turn on the car that makes a bit more noise. Indeed I've driven a couple other Jettas and this is a normal and proper thing. Also, to replace the windshield wipers, you must press down on the wiper stalk within 10 seconds after turning off the car. This puts the wipers in service mode and allows them to be changed. Overall, I love this car and would happily recommend one to anybody looking for a reliable and fun car."

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I bought my 2006 Jetta 2.5 used and I got a great deal on it. I havn't had any problems with it and I also learned how to change the oil on her myself. Make sure you google how to change the oil if you do it yourself there are some nuances that you should be aware of. I love the power and the triptronic shifter, I went over mulholland drive and that was a blast."