2007 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1039 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Great Value and Teriffic Car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "overall a great car"

Cons: "Heater is a little slow to warm up, no heated whee"

"40 to 53 mpg, Driving dynamics superb, reliability superb, comfort supurb. trunk huge. Now for the bad things: a little noisy on the rough highways although it could be the tires because it is quiet on new roads. The heater takes a while to warm up. I would like AWD and a heated stearing wheel. THAT's IT."

Best value, comfort and fuel efficiency

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "fast, sporty, comfortable, GREAT MILEAGE"

"I have owned and loved three Diesel Jettas over the years. This one is the best yet. Fast, sporty, and comfortable, and GREAT MILEAGE. I love it. Not a luxury car, but still very nice to drive and proud to own. Efficient reliable transportation with some fun thrown in."

Wont drive anything else

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I have owned 2 of these vehicles. I will never own any other kind of car. The fuel milage is crazy good, up to 55 mpg"

Reliable 45 MPG Diesel

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Fuel, reliability, safety, classy looking interior"

Cons: "High AC vents, leg room, low front bumper"

"I went 167000 miles on this car with nothing but maintenance before something actually needed repaired. Good reliable little car feels more solid in construction than most small cars. The interior and exterior don't look or feel cheap like most fuel economy cars either. I am short so the leg room never bothered me but my 6'2" son looks a little cramped in the passenger's seat now. If you move the front seats back there isn't much leg room for adult sized passenger's in the back. Car is ok to haul a bunch of kids around until they hit their teen years. But hey, it's so cheap on fuel you really can't beat it. Supposed to get 40 mpg but I get 45 mpg. For a diesel it's quiet. The ac vents in the front are up a little higher than most cars. In Arizona it's so hot we actually DO want it blowing on our faces and messing up our hair. The front bumper is pretty low so if you let your tires get low this bumper can catch on the parking curb and when you go to back out it will pop off! The front passenger's seat has an awkward turn knob for adjusting the seat up and down while the driver's side is electric. Safety rating for side impact is the highest of any small car out there. Doors feel heavy and there are airbags everywhere. I feel safer in my Jetta than the bigger newer Passat they gave me as a loaner!"

Our best vehicle

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "quiet on road"

Cons: "no place for lady's purse"

"Reliable, good in bad weather/new snow up to 5 inches (tested!). Well-placed intuitive controls, good heating/AC, and mist clearing for windows. Always felt very safe with excellent road handling, good ride comfort. Good to know we were driving the best "Green" sedan for overall mileage, energy use, and clean exhaust."