2007 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 997 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

110,000 miles and drives like it did on day 1

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "powerful smaller car with good fuel efficiency"

Cons: "Diesel pricing, but..."

"Purchased this because it was a clean diesel with a strong engine. Have had for 5 years. 110,000 miles later and it still drives as well today as it did on day one. I drive about 60 miles roundtrip every day in not so great city driving conditions. Regular maintenance has kept this running really well. Fuel efficiency is a bonus!"

Great dependable, low maintenance, good looking -

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, good looking, dependable, low maintenance"

"Sharp car, fun to drive, good looking, low maintenance, very comfortable. Still looks gray after 7 years - good gas mileage, great wagon."

Absolutely hate this car!!!

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "None."

Cons: "Expensive parts for repairs."

"Where to began. The headliner started to come loose after about 2 years. That was going to cost about $1k. Of course, the warranty was done. This car nickeled and dimed for repairs for almost 7 years. Now the transmission is bad and will cost about $4k-$5k to fix. And it is only at 133,000 miles. I say this after driving a 1986 Honda Prelude 295,000. Still driving a 2001 Mit. Montero at 249,000. I had a Datsun 200sx that I drove for about 300,000 before I sold it. I try to drive the wheels off of my cars before I get another. I'm selling the jetta asap. Oh, and I paid the jetta off."

do not get a jetta

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"This car was the worst car I have ever owned. I have owned a 2006 Altima, a 2009 Altima, a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and each one blows the Jetta out of the water. The Jetta has had constant maintenance issues since it hit 90,000 miles. Bought this car for $14,000 last July and I regret that more than just about anything"

Almost good

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "too many small problems"

"I was pretty satisfied with this car, until I started having trouble with so many little things. First the cover the rear windshield wiper fell off, might have been from car wash. Then my rear hatch would only open sometimes. Then the driver side door would not lock, Now the rear driver side door won't unlock, and can't even open from the inside. I believe it's bad lock actuators. I also had to replace the Turbo actuator, which the dealer was unable to diagnose, they wanted to replace the whole turbo, but luckily found a good local shop to fix it. I really wanted to like the car. I love the handling and the awesome MPG, but overall I'm disappointed with the car."

Love it

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Great price, dependable, reliable"

Cons: "tdi jetta get even better mileage"

"Best car I have ever owned, couldn't be happier with the 2010 jetta. I tried out a lot of cars but being 6'2" was an issue. this has plenty of room for my feet and head. Ive owned it since 2010 and almost have it paid off and don't plan on getting rid of it. Everything seems top of the line and the ride is the smoothest and quietest ride out there as far as I'm concerned."

TDI Joan Jetta is a tank

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "MPG, brakes, easy to maintain, trunk space"

Cons: "exterior color choices are slim (no green)"

"Original owner (this is our 3rd TDI) and Joan Jetta is a tank -- she's made it through Hurricane Ike and a couple of falling tree limbs as well... Common repairs are an EGR heater hose replacement, RCV (refrigerant control valve), DMF (dual mass flywheel) replacement. Also, I've done all the maintenance since Day #1, so yes, the supplies are specific and somewhat expensive, but all 4 filters (oil, fuel, air, cabin) can be changed in less than 1 hour. She routinely gets mid-30 mpg in rough Houston city driving and I've gotten 49 mpg highway at consistent 70 mph. Also, there is no DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) required and she is exempt from the TX annual exhaust testing for the inspection sticker. Finally, like the title says, Joan Jetta is a tank, so don't hesitate to allow your teenager to drive her"

Best car! Most bang for my bucks!!

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Perfect car, great on fuel, super fun ride!"

Cons: "no con's from my point of view!"

"I've owned my TDI Jetta for 7 years now and I love it!! Its a beautiful car and super on fuel mileage! I will be buying another new one next year!!!"

Best car I've bought

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "MPG, fun to drive, fit and finish"

Cons: "Maintenance difficult to do yourself"

"We have the Cup Edition and it's the best vehicle we've owned. It's fun to drive around town and even better on the highway. My wife drives 75 miles each way to work and she averages 47mpg. The inside is nice. I don't know what else to say other than we love the car."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage is awesome, handles great, reliable"

Cons: "no leg room"

"This car is the third VW Jetta TDI I've owned and I will continue to buy them. The gas mileage is phenomenal! I average about 46 mpg highway. It is very reliable and handles pretty well in cold weather and snow considering its size and weight. The only problem I've had with any of the three I owned is the wiring in the steering column. I had this problem on my second Jetta, but not the one I own now. I feel very safe in these cars as well. The handling is great and the safety ratings are good too. The trunk fits a lot."