2007 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1018 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Lemon Alert!

By on Friday, August 06, 2010

"I'm not sure if it's just mine, but the Jetta sitting in my work parking lot right now has a lot of issues. It's a beautiful car, well designed inside and out. Dual climate zones, bottom warmers, indicator lights. Problem: Major mechanical issues. I've had windows, locks, solenoids, a seat, shock bearings, lights (SO many headlights) , etc replaced. That was within warranty. Then, my transmission exploded. Not sure why. That cost me $7000 to fix, cash. I had to take out a 2nd loan. Now my used 2005 New Jetta cost me a grand total of $28,000, before interest. Watch out. It's beautiful to look at, but it's been a nightmare."

Great commuting car!

By on Friday, April 17, 2009

"We are on our 3rd Jetta TDI. My husband has had his TDI for 10yrs w/ over 260,000mi and still runs like a champ. We both decided to buy 2 more 2009 TDI b/c they are so reliable and our daily work commute is long. The price is worth it!"

Remarkably reliable

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This has been my most reliable car, perhaps that's why I've had it for 10 years. Only 1-2 warranty issues over the years and very economical to use as my commuter car. Good comfort. Good ride quality and handling. Spacious trunk. Plenty of room."

Love it

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

"We bought this car brand new in 2007 and have driven it all over the place. We have made sure we stuck to the owner's manual for all maintenance and it is a good thing we did because this car has been nothing but incredible to us. We shipped it from the US to the UK, drove it all over Europe and then shipped it back to the US with us and she is still going strong. 112k miles and we haven't had any major issues (I definitely cannot say the same about our TDI beetle). Like one other reviewer, we've had a couple of warranty items that we had fixed but other than that, our biggest issues have been the driver side headlight goes through bulbs rather quickly (really not that big of a deal) and the panel between the front and back passenger side windows had paint peel off of it (again, not that big of an issue considering its a black panel and the material under the paint is also black). My husband is a TDI lover for life now. Once this car finally dies, he plans on buying another one."

Great drivetrain, but Electrical,Interior is poor

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Excellent gas milage"

Cons: "Interior,exterior quality"

"Electrical wiring harness recall.Class action only partially paid for replacement.Headliners only lasted a few years.Plastic coating on doorlocks radio ect. comes off in pieces.Headlight lens degrade quickly.Problem with trunk latches.My 2006 drives great but the extra cost repairing poor quality adds up."