2006 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 997 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Previous | 1 ... 97 98 99 100 | Next

Great Look, Bad design/reliability

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"My Jetta is a 2005 1/2. I have had it for about 2 years. It looks great (sporty/cute) but is a major PAIN. You do have to do a rear break job every 25k (sometimes less) that cost approx. $450. I hit a very small pot hole and bent the aluminum rim ($260-must be soft design). The door panels vibrate from the stereo AFTER 7 TRIPS TO THE DEALERSHIP, FELT/GLUE AND FOAM INSERTS, AND BRAND NEW DOOR PANELS IT STILL RATTLES (I got $1,000 back after going through BBB), Windshield wiper fluid was way strong, had to have dealer use H20 to dilute and I was told you have to turn your recirculation button on on your A/C when you use your fluid and it won't smell, clock doesn't keep time the longer you let it go the farther it falls behind, dash rattles/vibrates, loud road noise, the factory tires wear so fast and were always loosing tire pressure had to buy a whole new set at 25k ($1000), after sitting for a while and you turn the car on a foul odor comes from the vents (smells moldy) dealerships claim it is from leaving the recirculation on when turning off car. Also get a silicone smell in the car, truck latch cover constantly falls off, has been replaced once and still falls off, I am sure there are plenty more complaints that I have forgotten. I bought the car because it was the safest on the road at the time, and I have found out why. IT IS BECAUSE YOU CANNOT KEEP IT ON THE ROAD. IT IS ALWAYS IN THE SHOP FOR SOMETHING."

Love This Vehicle

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"My wife and I absolutely love our Jetta. I would highly recommend it and have to friends and family. The one thing I find frustrating every so often is the there is a lag occationally in the acceleration between when you step on the pedal and it responds. but otherwise it is a great car!!!"

VW Lover

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"This is the 4th VW I have owned and I have loved every one of them. I took a break from VW for about 10 years and with this one I realized how much I missed them. Great gas mileage & comfortable. I'm a stick girl, and I absolutely love the handling. I researched many cars in the same class and the VW was the best for it's money. It offered more options than "comparable" vehicles. I found the Jetta compared in options to vehicles of a higher class but priced in the mid range."

great small car!!

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"rides nice easy on the wallet when I drive up to the pump! 46 mpg"

Awesome V-Dub!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Well I am kind of crazy when it comes to vehicles. The Jetta is the 59th vehicle that I have owned and I am 43. I looked at all the cars that are it's competition. It has more features, drives awesome, and is cheaper then most. My only complaint is the power of the 2.5, but I bought it as a commuter and couldn't be happier."

Few Cons

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I don't like how the smell of windshield washer fluid is very strong in car when you use the washer/wipers. Finish came off radio buttons after 1 year."

Saved my life

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"A drunk driver ran a red light and smashed into my car as I was going through a signal. I walked away with only a bruised arm, the air bags from the ceiling and from the sides of the seats protected me. The car that hit me did not even break once before smashing into my Jetta and my car did not even turn around. I was very impressed how reliable my Jetta was."

Excellent Diesel

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I tried waiting out for the new 2.0L TDI that impressed me greatly when in Europe, but with the wife's old Accord going to pot, I had to make a move and buy the 1.9L TDI. I thought I was settling, but I have not been dissapointed. VW's DSG auto is a beautiful match with this engine. I am a die-hard manual guy, but I am not ashamed to own this. Even with the diesel, it still matches revs while downshifting. Although a great drivetrain, don't expect to win a lot of drag races. It is a great commuter and has the power when you need it, but if you're looking for speed go for the 2.0T/GLI. If this puts you off of the TDI, think of the gas mileage. I get a to-work-and-back (city/highway) average of 40MPG and have gotten 48 on long trips. I have yet to have quality issues with this car and honestly don't expect to. If you are thinking about a diesel and can wait, I highly suggest ordering up the 2.0 TDI early next year (2008). Oh, and the resale value of VW's are some of the best in the market. So, you won't loose $5000 as soon as the dealer hands you the keys like the majority of domestics do."

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"I love this car!!! I have owned many vehicles ans this is by far the best vehicle I've owned. It looks great, runs wonderfully!! Its a great car to own!!!"

very cool car

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"I bought the GLI a couple months ago and love it so far. Its very speedy and surprisingly comfortable on long drives. A little pricey but if you like VW's..you will love this car. Its my 3rd VW."

Previous | 1 ... 97 98 99 100 | Next