2006 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 997 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Previous | 1 ... 37 38 39 40 | Next

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Love My Jetta!

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I feel that I got a great value for my dollar with my 06 Volkswagen Jetta. I highly recommend the Jetta when looking at 4 door Sedans. In comparison to other vehicles, I was able to get more features for the money I spent. The styling is second to none. I feel like I am in a luxury vehicle with features like automatic windshield wipers, "homelink", power seats, heated seats, automatic climate control, XM radio. It is great on both long and short dirves and handles great. The "new" body style is much roomier than the earlier models as well and can sit 4 adults comfortably."

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

best car i ever own

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"it is a very nice car 4 the money. it has been very fun to drive. i would recomend that if your looking for a fun fast car this one is for you"

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

love,love,love

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I absolutelty love the jetta. I had an 03 model and the biggest mistake I ever did was to let that car go. I thought I need a bigger car for my family of 4, I was WRONG! There is plenty of cabin room for my 6'2 husband and 2 kids. The trunk is big enough to fit anything I drag home from the store. The 2007 jetta is amazing and the safety is everything the brag about. We recently got in an accident (not my fault) and I can't believe how well my jetta faired when compared to the other vehicle. We were hit in the back quarter panel and it barely dented it. What else can I say, I love this car. I don't even need to go into detail about the styling and handling of this car. It is everything wonderful they say! You won't regret it."

Amazing car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I love my Jetta. My car performs very well and now I love road trips. I have a little bit of an issue with it sitting so low, due to the snow factor in Michigan, but other then that I love it. I would recomend this car to anyone. As a matter of fact 2 of my best friends just bought identical cars. I love volkswagon and I will never go back to anything else."

Fun car, great performance

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I have the TDI Jetta. It is a small car but gets 45 MPG on a trip (if you drive the speed limit). It still gets over 30 MPG when driving at a 100 MPH. Speed tops out at about 120...not bad for 100 HP! Tight steering & tight brakes! Acceleration is so-so, but that little turbo diesel just keeps cranking out the power. Although, too many speeding tickets...needs a laser jammer."

Jetta TDI a Real Dream

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have owned the Jetta TDI for a little more than a year, and I could not be happier. The car has virtually no cons. First, the handling is superb. I can't believe how it takes corners. Second, the acceleration achieved with the TDI is great for this kind of car. I don't think I need to say much about the mileage...I get between 42 and 55 mpg, depending on how I'm driving. The new Jetta has the familiar interior styling VW is famous for. I own the 2006 model year, but this style came out midway through 2005 (called the 2005.5) and has a larger cabin and trunk than the older, "bubble style" jettas. The leatherette seats look like leather and almost feel like it, but they supposedly last longer than real leather. The engine compartment is very well squared away and easy to clean. The standard wheels on the TDI are larger than those on the value edition jetta and "sportier." Some of my friends hate to hear me talk so highly of my jetta tdi, but I really have been impressed thus far. I would recommend it to all of my closest friends and family members. I almost forgot...there is one thing I don't like about the car: the way it looks from the side could be improved (yes, that is my only complaint). The fact that these cars sell after a year or even two of use for as much as they sold when brand new says enough about the demand for them: they are excellent cars, people want them, and demand drives up the price. Five stars."

In now way feels like an "economy" car

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I had an '01 VW Passat, which I loved. However, it had a few mechanical issues so I opted to trade it in for something new. I was worried about the "step down" to a Jetta from the Passat. Although I still prefer the body style of my '01 Passat over the Jetta, I LOVE the way the Jetta drives and "feels." It also gets much better gas mileage. The new Jetta styles and packages have come a long way from the past. In no way feel does my new Jetta feel like an "economy" car. For what I wanted, I'm very happy with my purchase."

Little-Known VW GTI cousin is a STEAL!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"The GLI is a 'GTI with a trunk'. Much more functional for a small family than a GTI, but with all the fun of driving when you are alone and want to zip. Don't mistake this car for the awful VW Jetta base car - this is a completely different turbo engine. Solid, reliable, lot of safety features. Engine powerband starts at 1800 rpm, as opposed to all other sports cars in this class that start at about 3500 rpm. This translates into great acceleration from a signal. Also, incredible real life 28mpg/32 city/hwy over last year - most other comparable cars are rated at about 23mpg. The turbo engine really helps with mileage. Great quality (shares components with the Audi A4), and definitely great value for money. If you want a sports car you can grow into - THIS is IT!"

Excellent "Green" Car

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"This is one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned! It gets 42 mpg, has great power and acceleration, and turns heads. I get compliments from everyone that rides in it with me."

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"06 TDI/DSG this is a fun car to drive, I have about 44,000 on it with no problems. The best fuel mileage that I have got is 53.75 mpg running about 60-65 mph with no A/C. Average fuel mileage is around 42mpg with A/C blasting and 75+mph. great car. One major problem I have with this car is service. Read your owners manual!! I find the service departments at the two VW dealerships are very lacking in their knowledge, especially the TDI with the DSG transmission. They didn’t even know the transmission needed a fluid and filter at 40,000 miles, and one dealer didn’t even know this transmission had a filter. They score a big 0 in the service part on this car! Great car! Unreliable service departments! Very good fuel mileage, fun to drive."

50 mpg

"handles great"

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

love it

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"i've had numerous vehicles from BMW 06 330 ci convertible, 00 325ci, HONDA Accord 90 ex, 92 EX, 94 EX, & 95 EX coupe & Civic 04 ex coupe, Land Rover, Mercedes CLK, Jeep Grand Cherokee 05 4.7, TAHOE Z71 98 GTI VR6 01 Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburg & this CURRENT 06 value edition 2.5. I love it. The torque is awesome, & I love the sound of the raucus engine. crank the stereo and drive it hard and it's very fun! I am currently beginning to research what types of modifications I can make to increase it's performance. It handles amazingly well- the rear end takes a lot to get it to step out of line and at highway speeds- emergency lane change manuveurs are fantastic- My MOm wasn't even scared.. she felt confident in the vehicle and my abilities of course! p.s. I drive a lot it already has 40k in miles on it- some on the curviest hardest revving roads in America."

My second love!!!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I love my Jetta I just love to drive you cant get me out of it."

CHECK Engine

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Multiple problems with the check engine light. Brakes/Clutch failed after 30k miles. Other than that- love the car. Don't think I will drive VW again."

Great Look, Bad design/reliability

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"My Jetta is a 2005 1/2. I have had it for about 2 years. It looks great (sporty/cute) but is a major PAIN. You do have to do a rear break job every 25k (sometimes less) that cost approx. $450. I hit a very small pot hole and bent the aluminum rim ($260-must be soft design). The door panels vibrate from the stereo AFTER 7 TRIPS TO THE DEALERSHIP, FELT/GLUE AND FOAM INSERTS, AND BRAND NEW DOOR PANELS IT STILL RATTLES (I got $1,000 back after going through BBB), Windshield wiper fluid was way strong, had to have dealer use H20 to dilute and I was told you have to turn your recirculation button on on your A/C when you use your fluid and it won't smell, clock doesn't keep time the longer you let it go the farther it falls behind, dash rattles/vibrates, loud road noise, the factory tires wear so fast and were always loosing tire pressure had to buy a whole new set at 25k ($1000), after sitting for a while and you turn the car on a foul odor comes from the vents (smells moldy) dealerships claim it is from leaving the recirculation on when turning off car. Also get a silicone smell in the car, truck latch cover constantly falls off, has been replaced once and still falls off, I am sure there are plenty more complaints that I have forgotten. I bought the car because it was the safest on the road at the time, and I have found out why. IT IS BECAUSE YOU CANNOT KEEP IT ON THE ROAD. IT IS ALWAYS IN THE SHOP FOR SOMETHING."

Love This Vehicle

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"My wife and I absolutely love our Jetta. I would highly recommend it and have to friends and family. The one thing I find frustrating every so often is the there is a lag occationally in the acceleration between when you step on the pedal and it responds. but otherwise it is a great car!!!"

VW Lover

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"This is the 4th VW I have owned and I have loved every one of them. I took a break from VW for about 10 years and with this one I realized how much I missed them. Great gas mileage & comfortable. I'm a stick girl, and I absolutely love the handling. I researched many cars in the same class and the VW was the best for it's money. It offered more options than "comparable" vehicles. I found the Jetta compared in options to vehicles of a higher class but priced in the mid range."

great small car!!

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"rides nice easy on the wallet when I drive up to the pump! 46 mpg"

Awesome V-Dub!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Well I am kind of crazy when it comes to vehicles. The Jetta is the 59th vehicle that I have owned and I am 43. I looked at all the cars that are it's competition. It has more features, drives awesome, and is cheaper then most. My only complaint is the power of the 2.5, but I bought it as a commuter and couldn't be happier."

Previous | 1 ... 37 38 39 40 | Next