2006 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 971 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

love it

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"i've had numerous vehicles from BMW 06 330 ci convertible, 00 325ci, HONDA Accord 90 ex, 92 EX, 94 EX, & 95 EX coupe & Civic 04 ex coupe, Land Rover, Mercedes CLK, Jeep Grand Cherokee 05 4.7, TAHOE Z71 98 GTI VR6 01 Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburg & this CURRENT 06 value edition 2.5. I love it. The torque is awesome, & I love the sound of the raucus engine. crank the stereo and drive it hard and it's very fun! I am currently beginning to research what types of modifications I can make to increase it's performance. It handles amazingly well- the rear end takes a lot to get it to step out of line and at highway speeds- emergency lane change manuveurs are fantastic- My MOm wasn't even scared.. she felt confident in the vehicle and my abilities of course! p.s. I drive a lot it already has 40k in miles on it- some on the curviest hardest revving roads in America."

My second love!!!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I love my Jetta I just love to drive you cant get me out of it."

CHECK Engine

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Multiple problems with the check engine light. Brakes/Clutch failed after 30k miles. Other than that- love the car. Don't think I will drive VW again."

Great Look, Bad design/reliability

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"My Jetta is a 2005 1/2. I have had it for about 2 years. It looks great (sporty/cute) but is a major PAIN. You do have to do a rear break job every 25k (sometimes less) that cost approx. $450. I hit a very small pot hole and bent the aluminum rim ($260-must be soft design). The door panels vibrate from the stereo AFTER 7 TRIPS TO THE DEALERSHIP, FELT/GLUE AND FOAM INSERTS, AND BRAND NEW DOOR PANELS IT STILL RATTLES (I got $1,000 back after going through BBB), Windshield wiper fluid was way strong, had to have dealer use H20 to dilute and I was told you have to turn your recirculation button on on your A/C when you use your fluid and it won't smell, clock doesn't keep time the longer you let it go the farther it falls behind, dash rattles/vibrates, loud road noise, the factory tires wear so fast and were always loosing tire pressure had to buy a whole new set at 25k ($1000), after sitting for a while and you turn the car on a foul odor comes from the vents (smells moldy) dealerships claim it is from leaving the recirculation on when turning off car. Also get a silicone smell in the car, truck latch cover constantly falls off, has been replaced once and still falls off, I am sure there are plenty more complaints that I have forgotten. I bought the car because it was the safest on the road at the time, and I have found out why. IT IS BECAUSE YOU CANNOT KEEP IT ON THE ROAD. IT IS ALWAYS IN THE SHOP FOR SOMETHING."

See if you qualify for