2006 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1008 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

best valued vehicle

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"absolutely love it! best decision i've made. so many features, so little price. the best valued vehicle! shop this vehicle, and ask salesperson to show all of the great features. you will want one!"

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"i love the power and handling of the car. Although it has minor things go wrong twice. The maintance dealerships are horrible and the oil changes are way to much money. Overall the 6 speed turbo is well worth it go gli"

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

TONS OF MAINTENANCE!!!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I bought a 2006 Jetta brand new. Since then, 18 months later, I have been to the dealership 10 times for maintenance . (no joke) I have had everything from the windshield sprayers replaced 3 times, lumbar knob (which I've never touched) replaced twice, the seat adjuster knob replaced on both sides; and thats just the minor things. I had to replace my brakes and a rotor at 18,000 miles. (and no I dont drive like a nut and use my brakes ridiculously) No one ever tells you when you buy the car that oil changes are $80 a piece and you can only get them done at VW. you have to make an apt and drop your car off for a min of 3 hours in order to get an oil change. It is not a cheap car to maintain BY FAR!!! Customer service is HORRIBLE. I have been to 5 different dealerships between orlando and ft lauderdale, and they are rude, snobby and dont value their customers. 2 weeks after I bought my car, I had to replace the windsheild sprayers. not one dealership could fit me in for 3 MONTHS!!! I had to call corp in order to get an appt. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A REASONABLY LOW MAINTENANCE CAR!!!"

I won't drive anything else

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"My current 2006 vehicle is my second Jetta. The first went 95,000 before I traded it with routine maintenance and kept us safe through two fairly serious accidents. This new one is bigger, rides better and has more safety features than the first. The value edition does not come with the moonroof and seat warmers standard which I miss, but the additional safety features are no doubt more important. I am on the road frequently and it handles and rides beautifully. The gas mileage is very good-especially on the road-coming in not too far behind my friend's Prius on a 200 mile trip. I recently drove a 575 mile stretch and almost made it on one tank."