2006 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 1011 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

incredible value

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"after 26,000 miles this car just keeps getting better. 28mpg on the highway even when sustaining 75-80 mph, even better if you let up on the gas pedal. sufficient power made better by a six speed transmission. way more goodies than Japanese and American competitors at the price, including rain sensing wipers and all four windows one-touch up/down. Supportive, highly adjustable seats remain comfortable after very long drives. reliability so far has been perfect, as good as any car including Hondas that I have owned"

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Buy Diesel and save $

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"My wife and I were getting sick and tired of gas prices in our area, so we decide to go with a 2006 VW TDI. And we could not be happier, the car gets great gas mileage and as plenty of power to boot. If you are in the market for a new car, I would highly the you take the time to check out the VW TDI, we are glad that we did....."

German Perfection

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"Sold my 2001 Jetta TDI for more than I paid for it and Bought the '06. Best Car Ever. The build quality and interior feel FAR surpasses that of Acura and Toyota. The 'little features' that are standard in the VW are spendy options in other manufacturer cars. This car handles like it's on rails, and gets stellar fuel mileage. I had the computer re-flashed for more power and the beast "came alive" with 40% more torque and much better 'drive-ability'. Put her in 5th and she'll go any speed you want up freeway passes.. up to 130mph if you so desire. After the computer re-flash *alligator DI-Sport* it gets even better mileage when driven normally. All in all, a wonderful car that can get 50mpg on the highway and doesn't look like a silly Prius!"

grreat value

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"When it comes to gas mileage the diesel engine is the best. Most of my travel is highway and 55+ iin the mpg is not unusual. No complaints mechanically so far...with 35k miles in 14 months. The only complaint is seat comfort. Never in a car has my lower back hurt like it can hurt in this car in long trips. The lumbar support is just not working. Visibility in the rear is a little insuffiecient but nothing that can't be overcome with a little more twisting and turning of the head. Would I but this car again...yes. But I expect it to last long enough that this will not be a concern for me for several years."