2006 Volkswagen Jetta

Based on 982 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Good car but major electrical issues

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Bad on gas, electrical issues always a problem"

"I have n 09 Jetta SE Sedan. The car is nice but be prepared as this car constantly has electrical issues. Many people who have had VW's in the past say this is a major issue with having this type of car. It's not good on gas. I travel a lot for work and use rental cars so I get different cars. I can see some brand cars are very good on gas in which my Jetta can not compare."

Beware over 80,000 miles

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Tight steering, sunroof"

Cons: "Engine trouble, little things that don't work"

"Bought new. Car had few problems in the beginning other than some small things (and a small engine problem that was repaired under warranty). Then, all went downhill. First, the hatchback would not open. Ended up spending $1000 to replace locking feature. The back doors don't lock, which we chose not to replace because that would have cost about $500 to diagnose and replace. At approximately 100k miles, replaced some sort of emmision flaps ($2000). Then the whopper.... Balance shaft assembly ($3000). We maintain our cars at the dealership and this has put me over the edge. We bought the car for the tdi and have been very disappointed. Buyer beware... There are only a handful of mechanics that will even touch the tdi and then they charge a ton. Love the sunroof and it does get better gas mileage than most, but we never got the 50 mpg advertised."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, comfortable, dsg transmission"

Cons: "no MFSW, no bluetooth,"

"If you are looking for a sedan that's sporty like a GTI but still practical, here's where you need to be. This 2008 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition has been great to me. I haven't had very many problems with the car, the only issue was one thing a couple years back, with less than thirty days after buying the car so it was warrantied, but I can't recall what it was. The suspension is not sporty, it is very comfortable - even though it has the sporty engine, the same one that comes in the 2008+ GTI and GLI, the ever so reliable 2.0TSI (which I adore). The DSG shifts like butter. It's great. The steering wheel is responsive and easy to turn. It's stylish and bubbly. The only thing I really wish this car had was more convenience. Since it's still a "Jetta" not a GLI or GTI it didn't come with steering wheel functions, or even the little menu on the dash they have that tells you your fuel consumption and miles until your tank is empty. Though I didn't keep track of the MPGs I got while driving, I usually averaged about 350 miles per tank, or 375+ when only highway driving. All-around great car."

TDI is a great car for long-distance driving

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficiency and driving comfort"

Cons: "Fuel availability. VW does not recommend bio fuel"

"The TDI desiel is very efficient. The average mileage we expect is 46 and that has stayed consistent over the life of the car. The cost differental for fuel becomes a non-issue with this mpg. The car is very comfortable for long-distance driving. With the fold-down rear seat there is considerable capacity for alomost any trip. Our travel is usually just two passengers. This acr will not be great for a family. We use it as our primary car year-round but do most of our travel in warm weather. It handles well in bad weather. Fuel is becoming increasingly available, but remains a question in some parts of the country. Fuel avaialblity is the only real question if I decide to replace it in the future."

Summary of Experience

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

"A few excellent features (handling, cruise control, lights) Mostly average features, and a few very annoying features (disappointing gas mileage, difficult to read controls, very annoying door locks)"