2001 Volkswagen Jetta

7.4

Based on 1448 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Great car if taken care of

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and reliability"

Cons: "Repairs expensive Doesn't like being cold"

"I bought the 1.8t 4 months ago and I knew it needed some work but since I've been driving issue after issue. Why? Because the previous owner had no clue how to take care of the car. These Vws love their routine Maintainence. I would recommend getting a Manuel transmission cause replacing the auto is a royal pain and expensive. But other than that it's a fantastic car a joy to drive and I would recommend one that has been taken care of. And if the owner can't prove it don't buy it!"

I love my GLI! Sporty, stylish and fun to drive.

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Styling, sporty, good mpg & FUN TO DRIVE!"

Cons: "Must do scheduled maintenance, small gas tank."

"I am the 2nd owner of my 2005 VW GLI 1.8T and I have loved this car from the beginning. Many people curse the Jetta for several issues. They all have the 99'-03' models. The 2004.5-2005 years cleared all that mess up. This car has great euro styling, the interior is well laid out and the Recaro seats are extremely supportive and comfortable. I've put 60,000 spirited miles on it and it just keeps giving me what I want. Gas mileage is still good for how I drive. I still get 22mpg/city and 31mpg/highway. On long road trips its more like 38-41mpg. Steering is nice and firm for sporty handling and the turbo engine pulls hard when you want it too! My only grip with this car is 2 things. 1). When things break and they will. Its best to fix it yourself because German cars are expensive to take to the dealer. 2). It has a small gas tank of only 14 gallons. Really its 12 gallons when the light comes on. Other than that, like I said, I love my GLI and I will be getting newer one soon."

Super commuting car. Excellent mileage. Fun drive.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"TDI is an excellent car. Runs very well. Have done routine maintenance and after 12 years only a couple other minor issues. Gets superb mileage - averages >45 mpg for in town and often >50 mpg on highway."

runs and drives great-

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "5000"

Cons: "yes it has cup holderd"

"loaded, white, very clean , all records up to date"

A must own

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "cup holders are mounted over radio"

"So I purchased this vehicle used in 2010 with 95k miles on it. It is the GLS TDI (1.9L TDI with automatic transmission). It is loaded with features such as a moon roof, steering wheel mounted audio controls and heated leather seats. I use it to commute to work. In the summer it is averaging around 53-54 miles per gallon, and in the winter its around 45-47. This vehicle has been very reliable with minimal expenses for maintenance. The only thing I do not like about this vehicle is that the cup holders come up just above the radio screen making it difficult to see which radio station you are on. This vehicle now has approximately 215k miles on it and runs daily."

See if you qualify for