2001 Volkswagen Jetta

7.4

Based on 1467 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

One of the best Vehicles I've owned.

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Price is fair due to lots of new parts recently."

Cons: "The car gets kind of hot when sitting in sun."

"The most enjoyable thing about this car is the phenomenal mileage. I consistently get 52+ mpg. I routinely get 600 miles out of a 12.5 gallon tank. The car also has lots of torque which makes driving it a lot of fun. Step on the pedal and it goes! The only reason I am selling is due to carpal tunnel, I need an automatic. I am buying a new TDI."

Great car, Fun to drive

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Comfortable, Reliable, Features"

Cons: "Door handles, Gas Milage if driven around town"

"A little while back i decided that I wanted to buy a Jetta. Well we looked and looked to find the car that was the best deal and worked the best at the low price we were looking for. Now at 104k miles and a 5 speed it is great. The VR6 allows for some spirited driving when i want to and to easily get to the mid 20's when I don't. The Engine bay is a bit of a pain in the butt to work in but still its worth it. The VR6 and 5SP is possibly the best combo that VW offered in the early 2000's. The Interior for a 2001 has a ton of options, dual power seats auto HVAC control, auto dimming rear view mirror. Dual power heated side mirrors. Heated seats not just on your butt but back as well. Overall this is a great vehicle, but I personally want the 1.8t and a golf. Great car great options and will last for quite some time."

Trusty Steed

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun, reliable, a huge value"

Cons: "Plastic interior parts break easily, cup holders"

"Had this car for 6 years now. Bought it used with 35k miles on it. I've had very little issues with the car outside of normal wear and tear. Replaced an alternator belt, a couple fluid leaks, air pump, and fuses were the only real repairs. The car feels solid and the drivetrain is excellent for the price. Other cars feel cheap steering and cheap in acceleration and take off. Going 100mph in this car feels completely safe compared to many other that make noise and shake. Very pleased. Would buy a brand new 2002 jetta if I could."

Worst 2002 jetta ever

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "none"

Cons: "everything"

"every piece of plastic is falling apart bit by bit. plastic in toys is better. The engine is falling apart. it only starts switching gears ok after it gets warmed up. The leather seats are ripping. Garbage! period!"

Good solid car with great fuel economy

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, drivability, comfort, performance"

Cons: "winter in town fuel economy not the best"

"Had this car since it was new. It has been great. Driven it across the country three times and to the west coast twice. Never a problem. Smooth on the highway. Not the best around town car but overall well worth it."

VW Jetta

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "PEPPY, SOLID, FAST"

Cons: "The window motors are a problem as they are in BMW"

"This is my 2nd VW Jetta and I have to say, the Germans used to make a great car! I've heard the newer model Jetta isn't as comfy, but the older models are extremely comfortable, with wide large cushy seats and a lot of support. The moonroof still works well with no wind noise or squeaking after 14 yrs, and still runs strong!"

Great Car For Me

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Great milage and sound system"

Cons: "Small backseat"

"This car has been everything I've wanted in a VW Jetta. I purchased it to have the diesel engine because it gets such great milage, and actually got a very reliable and comfortable car. I gave this car all 10s except for Design and Comfort and Convenience to which I gave 9s because of the small back seat, which can comfortably seat children but not regular sized adults. I have driven with 5 adults in the car, but the people in the back were regular sized women, who were squashed in. That being said, I have no other complaints about this car. I have had to put little maintenance into it, and only regular maintenance at that, except for a battery cable. It has the original battery and original brake pads. I love the power roof window since it opens both as a slider and flip up. The Monsoon sound system is outstandingly good, and this car is very comfortable to drive on long trips. I have always felt safe in it, and while driving with passengers, have felt comfortable. At one time I weighed 350 lbs and comfortably drove this car with passengers, including my nephew who also weighed about 350 lbs, and we were both comfortable in it. When I first owned this car, I kept track of the milage, getting an average of 40 mpg (city and highway), which really sold me on the diesel engine. This is my second Jetta diesel."

I love it!

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, looks good, fun to drive"

Cons: "Diesel sometimes hard to find & more expensive"

"I bought this car slightly used in 2003 with only about 7,000 miles on it. I regularly get 45-47 mpg in mixed driving and just got 50 on a recent road trip. 53 mpg was my best ever! Driving it makes me smile, especially when I pass somebody who's probably only getting 10 -15 mpg. It looks cool and is pretty comfortable. My only complaint, if you could call it that, is that I'd like just a bit more interior room and my wife would prefer an automatic but that's not a fault of the car. I know at least 5 other VW/Audi TDIs were bought based on my recommendation!"

Worth the money due to build quality

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Base package more opulent than comparable cars"

Cons: "No GPS or other tech features"

"The price, when seen by others comparing to domestic auto prices, seems high. However, once they get in the seat and realise the quality of the car's build, they begin to understand better. Many features are considered standard for these cars. I'd rrecommend against getting an automatic transmission for Volkswagens, as I've heard many people speak out against VW's auto-trannies. These cars have quieter rides than many of their much more expensive equivalents. Reliability is very high for these cars. Just keep your fluid levels good and your Jetta will be your best friend. No navi or Bluetooth, but considering year these weren't likely existent. A great commuter car; upholds "elegance in simplicity.""

Best Value and Fuel Efficiency of any car.

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, incredible fuel economy, versatile"

Cons: "Not an Aston Martin"

"Even with a ton of miles on my 2005 VW Jetta TDI Wagon it doesn't rattle or burn oil. I have replaced the timing belt and water pump twice and anything else that normally wears out with use. The exterior paint and interior are nearly new. Early on I made the decision that I would keep this car on the road for several very good reasons: fun to drive, great torque, reliability, cargo space and 53 MILES TO THE GALLON. Property tax and insurance are very low as well. I purchased the car for $23,000 and I have been offered $9500 this past week. I have no intention of selling this car with fuel prices still going up."

Love to Drive & Maintain This Car

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, inexpensive DMV registration & insur"

Cons: "Flap under the front bumper"

"I bought the car used with 87,000 miles already. I was the second owner. Maintenance was very reasonable;fun to drive. I loved the manual transmission. The exterior paint is superior. The interior was well taken care of -- (NO EATING or SMOKING in the CAR) The only thing I hated was the flap under the front bumper, which got caught on the cinder block in the parking lot if you get too close. Insurance on the car was inexpensive. CA Registration was only $81. However, the ultimate compliment came from my 18 year old nephew. He likes to work on cars and was salivating for the day when he could own my car. He was able to change out the front & rear brakes, which saved me a ton of money. I'm really going to miss my 2000 VW Jetta."

Fantastic car for anyone to love.

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, Styling, Gas Mileage and fun to drive"

Cons: "Aftermarket electronic upgrades impossible to find"

"This car has been great to me, KINDA. I only say kinda, because I had an issue with it, but its mostly my fault. I bought the car with 47,000 miles on it, at too steep of a price, but willing to pay for a car that should last a half million miles or more properly maintained. Well after owning it about three months we drove from Cincinnati to NYC to propose to my current wife, and before we left I taught her how to drive the 5 speed. She did great. On our way home though I was violently awoken to hear that the car won't move forward just rev's. Well the dual mass flywheel had gone out with the clutch. So it was way early to have this repair, BUT with two drivers new to that clutch we must have done some wear and tear on it unfortunantly :(. Other than that though the car has been fabolous. Driving regularly I get an average of 45 miles to the gallon, but if i push it I can nearly break 60 mpg which is amazing for gas that costs the same or less sometimes than regular to fill up. Multiple of my friends have now switched to volkswagen because of this car and my last golf. I hope everyone gets to experience the joys of driving a german car at some point, because unlike american cars, the steering wheel actually feels attached to the tires when you make a turn lol. Hope everyone enjoyed."

Oh the problems

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Sporty"

Cons: "Reliability"

"It's a small sedan low miles, what problems could this give me? Had the car for two years. Calipers, master cylinder, injectors, water pump, and the whole freakin transmission have all failed. I only put 6k on the freaking thing."

Not a good car, breaks down often.

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice, super fast and fun to drive"

Cons: "breaks down more than it runs"

"Do NOT buy this car. I have owned a lot of cars, Ford Chevy, Honda, Nissan, Now VW is garbage. Breaks down often and frequently. So if your thinking it looks cool, your right looks good and breaks even better and not cheap parts being foreign and all. this is my warning to you all. Do not do it."

Very bad car

Cons: "Everything is bad in this car"

"I will not buy another one again buy the car with 24.000 own the car for 6 years has 108,000 omg spend money all the time transmition shooks the starter and the alternator twice inside the car the panel the celing looks very very bad I will not recommend this car at all my friend own one too and has the same exact problems only good thing is the gas l Mileage other than nothing good"

Very bad bad car

Cons: "Everything is bad in this car"

"I will not buy another one again buy the car with 24.000 own the car for 6 years has 108,000 omg spend money all the time transmition shoks the starter and the alternator twice inside the car the panel the celing looks very very bad I will not recommend this car at all my friend own one too and has the same exact problems only good thing is the gas l Mileage other than nothing good"

Very bad bad car not recommend this car

I own this car

Very bad bad car not recommend this car

I own this car

50 MPG ON ONE GALLON OF GAS ROUND TRIP ACROSS MTN

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "SUPER EASY TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NO LEATHER SEATS"

"THIS IS THE BEST VEHICLE! SUPER PEPPY,RELIABLE,COMFORTABLE, AGILE! CLIMBS AFTON MOUNTAIN IN FIFTH GEAR LIKE A V8 ENGINE AND SIPS LITTLE GAS. BODY,INTERIOR,EXTERIOR IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. EASY VEHICLE TO SERVICE. SUPER FAST ON THE INTERSTATE & AROUND WASHINGTON,DC CAPITAL BELTWAY. VEHICLE FACTORY EQUIPPED BURGLAR ALARM,ENGINE IMMOBOLIZER,RADIO ANTI-THEFT ACTIVATED WITH THE LOCK OF DOORS. WILL NEED TO SELL DUE TO CANCER."

some positive some negative

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "cool car, smooth ride"

Cons: "lots of repairs"

"I've had this car for 6 years. Positives -Smooth ride -Good looking car -good visibility from inside the car Negatives -My car burns oil like no other. If I drive frequently, I need to add oil to the car about 3 times per week.... -I am at 72k miles and nearly every part of the car has broken. -Not having automatic windows and mirrors is a pain for numerous reasons. If I had't had so many mechanical issues with this car I would give it a very positive review, but all of the repairs I have paid for this year have cost me more than the total current value of the car.."

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE 2000 VW DIESEL JETTA!

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "fUN TO DRIVE"

"THE ONLY FLAW WAS THE TURBO GOT SHOT OUT IN THE FIRST 4 YEARS, BUT OTHER THAN THAT, I LOVE THE CAR .... It is still going strong at 294, miles"

Nearly 250k miles and still runs like a champ!

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "Durability, Dependability, Great MPG"

Cons: "Plastic pieces inside the car are cheap and break"

"I'm the second owner of this car. I purchased it in 2002 with 37k miles on it. It now has 244k and I can still spin its tires! It still runs on the ORIGINAL CLUTCH and has never had any engine repair. We consistently still get 32mpg! The only negative thing I have to say about this car is that all of the little knobs and details in the car are made with cheap plastic and much of it has since broken off. Things like the cup holder have broken and replaced twice. The center console has also broken. Awesome car. We're just now replacing it with a slightly newer version we love it so much. Sad to see it go."

Okay car

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Good mpg, fun to drive"

Cons: "Too small, electrical issues, transmissioproblems"

"Decent car with a 23 mpg average. At 100k I had to replace the pump which is normal. It hesitates when I put it in reverse and recently found out the transmission is leaking fluid. It also leaks oil. The heated seat on the drivers side stopped working. Sometimes the lights inside the car don't work. Usually the ones in the front. Beside those electrical issues and it leaking transmission fluid it has been a pretty good car I bought it with 86k miles most of the miles I put on it were highway. It's fun to drive. It has good brakes the steering is good too. It's pretty small inside which is why I'm getting rid of it. I had a baby and there's no room for all of our stuff. And if I go shopping it's nearly impossible to fit everything inside. The trunk only has room for the stroller."

Great economical car

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "gas saver, easy handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "nay on stick shift and limited rear seat space"

"Great economical car, good handling, comfortable ride. I use it for my 20 mile commute to work and errands. I have even taken it on 800 mile vacation trips and got 33 mph on the freeway."

3 jETTA S LATER AND STILL GETTING ANOTHER

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "I have loved driving my bright red sporty car"

Cons: "My tape deck quit 4 years ago cd quit last wk."

"i Have owned my present Jetta for 10 years, it was a lease car and had 47,000 when i got it. It has gone over the 250,000 goal I had set to get from it. The condition is still in full driving order with some rust on the trunk area only. I am purchasing another leased Jetta with fewer miles but 6 years old in very good shape, and expect to drive it another 10 years."