1998 Volkswagen Jetta

7.2

Based on 297 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 58 59 60 | Next

Wouldn't get VW again

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I just sold my Jetta, and I was happy to have rid of it-- sold it for less than I probably could have gotten for it. I spent the previous 3 months replacing the coil, the water pump, the exhaust, and having parts fall off the bottom of the car. The sunroof always leaked, even after the dealer "fixed" it. A solid 5 times it quit on me--in my driveway, on Main Street, at stop lights. Parts were super expensive, and it was impossible for me to work on-- plugs and wires would take a good 3 hours, oh, and $120 just for parts. Stick with a Honda or Toyota!"

Awesome Car!!

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"I own the GLX VR6 model Jetta. It is the best 6 cylinder engine car out there! The MKIII body VR6s are WAY better than the MKIV bodys. This car has tons of torque, and tons of HP. When it's all OEM I could do 0-60 in about 7 or 8 seconds. After I upgraded it, I do it in about 4 or 5 seconds. Not the most comfortable car, but it's comfortable and I love driving it. The steering is smooth and responsive. Does really good in the snow if you are in those kind of conditions. This car is also extremely reliable. I have blown 2 radiator hoses, but that's because I push the car to it's limits. But if you're just going to drive to and from work, with some side trips. I will almost guarentee that this car will NOT break down on you. All the electrical works great, has a bose amp in it so the sound system is awesome. This is a good looking car too, in my opinion. If you're looking for a car with power, and reliability, buy a jetta"

Problematic

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I've had too many problems with my Jetta. Although -- I did buy it used, so the past owner's possible negligence may be part of the reason for my bad experience. I've had my Jetta for 5 years. I have had to have the A/C replaced, the water pump replaced, the alternator replaced, and the catalytic converter and a few O2 sensors need replaced also -- but I refuse to spend the money to replace those. The power windows work when the want and when I first got the car, the bumper was not properly attached to the car. I was not happy with the Jetta, mainly because reliability is VERY important to me and the Jetta has left me stranded multiple times."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I have had my jetta for about 4 years - all through college. It has only had a few problems and is so reliable, and I have put a lot of miles on it. Sadly, I just totaled it when I rear ended someone, but I walked away with only bruises from the airbag. My insurance adjuster said people walk away unhurt all the time they have a accident in a VW. So I would highly recommend this car for teenagers/college kids for safety, reliability and price."

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007