1997 Volkswagen Jetta

7.2

Based on 294 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

7.6/10

I LOVE MY VR6!!!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun car, reliable, good looking, awesome car!"

Cons: "buying parts :/"

"there is nothing better than driving my 97 Jetta GLX! Ive had this thing forever and it has never failed me! ive driven it from colorado to south carolina and it has never slowed down! this car is truly one of the best cars ever made!"

my second jetta

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "5 speed. Gas milage great."

Cons: "maintence."

cruisin to the car show

"well first off I had a wolfsburg jetta Mark 3, had electrical problems and returned it and found my car that I've had now for almost 2 years. All I can say is that this car is pretty much my friend. It hasnt let me down, always starts up first try and overall is just a great car. I get a lot of comments like what year and when I say a 1996, people almost look at me and dont belive me. With my Jetta just running over 104k the other day, I know that this car will last for a long long time. I bought mine from a one owner that had it for 16 or 17 years and took pretty good care of it. The body was repainted Tornado red, and I'm not sure what the original color was but I've also had people at car shows saying this is one of the best looking Tornado Red Jetta's they've ever seen. Also the only negitive thing I can think of for the car is some of the maintence can be spendy, but the positive to that too, is that the engine atleast the 2.0 4 cyl engine is quite easy to work on, and has a lot of space too. Overall fun to drive, expecailly when you have a 5 speed, and throw in some other mods, such as lowering springs or racing struts to take hard turns. Overall great car, fun to learn how to drive in!"

My video

cruisin to the car show

new muffler straightpipe from cat to DTM style muffler. its an 8v i swear.

Best college car ever.

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas is ultra affordable, good lookin"

Cons: "Not enough cup holders for sure."

Just chillin.

"Great gas mileage, I've gotten as high as 42 on the interstate. It's small enough to park in compact spots, and looks great. Could be a little bit more comfy, but the seats in mine are pretty worn out. I've gotten a million compliments on how good it looks/sounds."

Just chillin.

Still a snarling little beast!

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive, tastefull style."

Cons: "little things go wrong."

"Bought my 97 Jetta GLX five years ago. Previous owner had spent good money to put on K"

Dependable German Engineering

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Cheap plastic parts"

"I bought this car as a broke college student, I paid cash so I got a good deal. There were a few cosmetic problems with the car but as soon as I turned it on for the test drive I fell in love. The engine was very smooth and two years later still functions very well. The only major issue that I have with this car is the cheap plastic parts. The driver's side pull handle (interior) has came off. When I was trying to repair another part of my car the plastic clips broke off creating another issue. The headliner is sagging. With all that said, I still love my car and defend it when anyone laughs... It runs better than many cars driving on the roads!"

See if you qualify for