1997 Volkswagen Jetta

7.2

Based on 297 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 58 59 60 | Next

Great car for the money.

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought this car when it was 3 yrs old. In the 8 yrs and 110k miles i have owned this car other then regular matinence the only problem i ever had was the starte went out. That was like 150 dollars. Other then that i took good car of him and he has taken good care of me. I will probably look for a new jetta when he passes on to the get big VW junk yard in the sky."

Loved it at one point

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"My car now has 160k miles on it. I loved this car and it ran great between the break downs. I am finally at the point that i cant wait to get rid of it. It has been one problem after the next. It runs for a few ,months and then something ELSE goes wrong. I have had it since 2003 and it ran fine for the first 2 years but the last 2 years have been constant spending. Your lucky if yu can find a part for the car under $200 and then good luck finding a shop that works on European cars for a resonalble price."

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

love the jetta

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I've had my jetta since 1998, it has never let me down. I've only received one recall notice and have never had any major mechanical issues. my biggest beef is that when they get past the 8 year mark, the cosmetic things start to fall apart gradually. It may not be the hottest car out there but it's gotten me from WA state to So. California at least 6 times and accross the country too! I think the trick is that there is nothing fancy about my car, no factory installed air, no power windows, no sunroof, no crazy highspeed engine, just the basics and I LOVE it."

Awesome little car!

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I love this car. Bought it in early 2005 for 6 thousand, only had 45K miles on it. While it is a compact car and not as luxurious as most American cars are, it's exactly what I need for tooling around town and driving in and out of NYC. It's also great on gas and the engine runs beautifully. The rack-and-pinion steering is stellar for whizzing through windy back roads or buzzing through traffic. The a/c and heating is also unbelievable, and the trunk space is mammoth. Also, the exterior styling of the car has that "square" shape that's reminiscent of most VWs or BMWS of the 90s -- I think the "curvy" styling that is seen in new cars today was introduced in 1999. Only drawback is the expensive price of parts for this car, though thankfully, thus far, I haven't had to replace too many things!"

Previous | 1 ... 58 59 60 | Next