2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,042 - $19,946.

10/7.1

Based on 285 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Not as happy as I thought I Would Be

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Rides a little rough"

Cons: "in shop twice in the 1st 8k miles"

"This car is ok. You better make sure you put in TOP tear gas because it will run rough and stall if you don't. They don't tell you this when you buy new. The 40k recommended service is very high priced at the dealer and was a surprise to me. they change the oil and service the car every 10k for the first 30k as part of your purchase but that 40k service is one seems unnecessary two my local service man did it for 25% of the dealer cost. I would not buy one again. Not very happy with it."

High Gas Mileage BUT High Wind Noise

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"The diesel works as advertised. Plenty of pick up and great mileage. In fact, I would be hard pressed to not go with a diesel going forward. However, there is a persistent wind noise problem (above 60 mph) that has a recall on it. I have had it in the shop 2 times to address this issue and it is no better. If you do a lot of highway travel as I do and you have blue tooth in the Jetta you purchase be prepared for people to ask you about the background noise. This is more than a mere a nuisance noise...it effects the driving experience on the highway. I'd encourage you to google "2011 jetta wind noise problems" and see what you come up with. No issues at all with the car in town."

Best buy in sedans

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy and economical."

Cons: "Needs a few more ponies under the hood"

"The Jetta gives you the interior space of a Mercedes C class with the price of a Korean car. The handling is best in class. The warranty was best in class. The 2.0 liter engine is rated at 114hp, yet you can stay with traffic with no problem, and you can wind it out without stressing the engine. I have exceeded epa gas ratings of 24 and 34 with 28 and 37 mpg. The interior is spacious and comfortable, with the rear seat folding flat for cargo and a trunk you can put a couple of bodies in. Included is a full size spare. No inflation kit or compact spare. The car is fun to drive, period."

Luxury reliability and great fuel efficiency for $

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Cool and great fuel $"

Cons: "Acceleration but it is a diesel..oxymoron"

"Luxury, reliability and phenomenal fuel efficiency w TDI model. Seats are very lumbar supportive and the heated seats to die for."

Audi A4 performance for VW Price Tag

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Sporty yet practical, premium feel for less $$"

Cons: "Missing a few top notch refinements and features"

"I recently traded my high performance Volvo S60R for a 2013 VW GLI. I was hesitant because I had become spoiled by the Volvo's amazing power, luxury options and overall attention to clean design detail. I spent countless hours doing research and decided to test drive a few cars, the 2013 GLI being one of them. I was immediately impressed with the sporty feel of the GLI, the handling and tight road feel were right up my alley, and finding a manual transmission excited me as well. The small details like the red stitching, ergonomically friendly layout of instruments (typical VW) and overall "feel" of the car convinced me to make the purchase. I was surprised by the rear legroom in this car, it is HUGE compared to other cars I looked at. It has more room than the Mercedes E class! I LOVE this car and it is a JOY to drive every day. The only slight drawbacks are: * Small Navigation screen (that said, the "heads up" display in the center panel keeps your eyes forward) * Driver seat adjustments-- lacking lumbar support and the ability to raise or lower the FRONT of the seat itself, I tend to prefer the back of the seat low but the front raised for a more supportive feeling * Rain sensing wipers: I loved this feature on my 6 year older Volvo-- spoiled I know, but I suppose I will get used to it * Multi-disc changer: again, spoiled by the Volvo I suppose Overall, I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat. It is just the right mix of practical and sporty for me."