2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,046 - $21,024.

10/7.1

8.4

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Looking for a solid and economical purchase

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"When I was first looking for a car upon taking an outside sales position I needed the following: great on fuel mileage, would keep up with 25-30k miles annually, easy to maintain, and was overall looking for an affordable option. My 2012 Jetta TDI has not let me down, currently just under 80k miles in my two and a half years of owning it and am so happy with my purchase that I'm looking at getting a Passat TDI now. I drive anywhere from 1-3k miles per month for my job, being able to get 600 miles on a tank highway commute is a timesaver! Best tank to date has been 46 mpg, but usually hover around 41/42 mpg with 80% highway / 20% city driving. Pros: bottom line is fuel mileage!, maintenance only every 10k, quality sound system for the size of vehicle, leg room is adequate compared to other cars in class, great handling, and fun to drive with the turbo, manual shift is butter smooth Cons: Initial purchase price of diesel (break even point is usually about 100,000 miles), maintenance can be a bit pricey (but is only every 10k), doesn't handle great in snow, interior isn't as nice as is past models, leather quality isn't the same as the premium models"

A very good looking car from the outside

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "great exterior"

Cons: "no frills interior"

"To make this car more affordable, changes were made with the steering, brakes and throttle. After driving an older version of the Jetta for 7 years these are some noticeable differences. However, I still feel it is a solid car."

piece of junk, not what a VW used to be

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cons: "over rated by me because no lower ratings"

"picks up so much road noise that on some hwys you can't carry on a conversoation in the front seat. tire pressure monorting system faulty, replaced dash modual, not the mileage we expected, suspension to stiff for older people, paint about the same quality as my granddaughter's finger painting, two recall letters,over priced, does not hold value and that is from the dealer.... don't make the same mistake we made."

Good, reliable, no-frills car

By on Monday, June 15, 2015

Pros: "Handling, gas mileage, reliabilitity, VW"

Cons: "Technology, lack of standard features,"

"I have had my Jetta for 1.5 years now. I still enjoy driving it and it is certainly reliable. I have not had one mechanical problem. It also survived just fine in the 2014-2015 Maine winter. My biggest complaints are in regards to the instrument panel and radio display. The panel is very bland to say the least and the display's response time (i.e. how long it takes the system to recognize I just changed the radio station) is slow. It acts like technology from 10 years ago. In an effort to stay within my budget I sacrificed Bluetooth, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, alloy wheels, and heated seats. Even still, for a car that cost about $22,000 I think this trim level should have Bluetooth, better technology, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Overall, if you are looking for an affordable compact car that provides a European and classy driving experience, this car could suit you well."

We get higher mileage than the EPA estimates.

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy."

Cons: "NONE."

"We liked the VW Jetta TDI with Navigation, we purchased another one. It is an awesome vehicle. Better fuel economy than a hybrid."