2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,406 - $21,179.

10/7.1

Based on 253 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Best Car I have Owned

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fit and Finish, Road feel, driver feedback, MPG!!"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned all the common german brands and many of themm BMW, MB, Audi. I decided that I wanted to get something that had an amazing build quality as to fit and finish but more importantly fuel economy was of importance. I ended doing my research and landed on the Jetta TDI Sortswagon with sunroof and nav with an MSRP of $31,355. I can not say enough great things about this car!! It makes me smile when driving it. I am averaging 40mpg as a whole and it drives like a dream. The suspension is just plain amazing as to being compliant but not too compliant. I could go on and on but the bottom line its just a huge bang for the buck...I can not ding it for anything which is hard to say."

Best value car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, great mileage & interior comfort."

Cons: "Still looking for one-I'll get back to you..."

"My wife and I could see in the showroom that the 4-door Jetta had more rear seat legroom than virtually any car we've ever had, yet it has the smallest wheelbase. While snooping brands and dealers I stumbled onto the diesel version in internet reviews and the most eye-popping thing that jumps out at you is that the mileage numbers on the side windows you see on all new cars are UNDERSTATED for the Jetta. Our car is 30/41 but I'm reading and hearing from people that this car can get 50+ on the highway before we bought it. So with that and some other solid attributes going for it, we bought the diesel version. Our local driving number since buying has been at or near 40 since day one. And the new clean diesel is the most underappreciated option you will find on any new car lot in the USA. Much less long term maintenance, among other advantages. I'm still looking for something bad to say about this car. Well, trips to the gas station aren't as numerous as they once were, assuming you like shelling out $50 more rather than less often. One problem that diesel engines have had in the past is starting in frigid temperatures but the service guy told me that can be easily handled with gas tank additives available at auto stores. The interior is well laid out, and the standard rear back-up camera is a gift from auto Heaven. I shudder when I think of the money we've wasted on cars over the years that sadly lacked the overall quality and value of our Jetta. And no--I don't have a relative at the dealership and I don't own any VW stock."

Cars made in Mexico don't cut it

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Cons: "VW needs to work out bugs in these cars"

"Check engine light is on for the fourth time."

Great Young Professional Car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Well Equipped, Sporty"

Cons: "High Depreciation, Expensive Maintenance"

"Pros: This car is good for a good professional just starting out in the work force. It was four doors making it ideal for daily living. The sporty features on the car make sure you do not get bored on your daily commute. The turbo makes sure you can have a bit of fun on the weekend. They car comes nicely equipped. Cons: The depreciation is greater than that of its Honda and Toyota counter parts. The repairs and replacement are more expensive than its Japanese competition; however, cheaper than its German competition."

Very good car with roominess and consistent 38 mpg

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Pleasure to drive"

Cons: "40,000 mile maintainence is pricey$$!"

"If you are driving a lot and need room this is a very good car for mileage, handling, and roominess."

Great car.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"One of the most fuel efficient vehicles on the road. Recent trip from mich to Florida. I 75 driving At 70 mph. Got 55 mpg. Only thing I have a problem with is the navigation system. But them I'm not a big tech person Overall my jetta premium tdi with navi for the k Last two years. Has been fantastic"

Business Like-Appropriate For My Lifestyle

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Seats, steering wheel, build quality (feels solid)"

Cons: "Highway acceleration, higher speed cornering."

"Bought in early 2014 with 3,000 miles, now has 22,000 miles . Very nice car for it's purpose. I am an outside sales rep and the car's clean, handsome lines represent me well at this price point (inside has received compliments as well, I suspect the seats help). I have received many compliments on its looks. Inside, I have the leatherette seats and they are very comfortable. Steering wheel is wonderful. Driving experience is mixed. Accelerates well in town, but the I-5 struggles when at freeway speeds and want to accelerate to make a lane change or merge. Will go to "S" mode often. Fuel mileage is better than expected on the highway, not so great in the city (this might be because of my city driving habits, frequent stops at businesses). Handling is adequate at best in tight cornering, not assuring. Otherwise, nice ride with new tires I just put on. Did handle one of the roughest Wisconsin winter's on record last year with no issues (did well in snow, ABS was setup just right, heater was great, never any stress starting, never a rattle) and that earned a lot of respect from me. Car feels solid as a brick. Despite some mixed driving experience issues, I really like the car and plan on getting another VW in the future, likely a TDI or turbo depending on price. A nice car to spend a day in."

Great Solid ride, excellent handling & braking

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "solid , safe, great price"

"they say the 2.0 l is slow, I didn't buy this as a Porsche it gets around town just fine and on the interstate it cruises at 80 miles p/hr. with the best of them, and plenty of pedal left, very pleased with the handling& brakes."

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good Looking, stock speakers rock."

Cons: "hard to work on, cheap interior."

"I owned a 2008 Cobalt and I am disappointed I did not look into Jettas sooner. I am very impressed with the handling. I would of liked to see more quality on the inside of the car. I have switches going into my dashboard area and my accessory plug in the back is broke. Great looking car its got sport but it also has luxury. I can't say I haven't got looks while driving it around town. The seats are so comfortable you can sleep in them. I lay back the seats and I am out in 5 minutes. It has not broke down on me yet (knocking on some wood right now). The only thing I am afraid about is the cost of repairs because of the fact not even walmart sells the air filter or windshield wipers for it."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability and reliability of a Diesel engine."

Cons: "Higher maintenance cost."

"I am really enjoying the Jetta TDI. It handles very well in bad weather conditions and it feels like it is bullet proof. One of the downside is the cost of maintenance. It's a little high..."