2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,725 - $21,400.

10/7.1

Based on 232 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Business Like-Appropriate For My Lifestyle

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Seats, steering wheel, build quality (feels solid)"

Cons: "Highway acceleration, higher speed cornering."

"Bought in early 2014 with 3,000 miles, now has 22,000 miles . Very nice car for it's purpose. I am an outside sales rep and the car's clean, handsome lines represent me well at this price point (inside has received compliments as well, I suspect the seats help). I have received many compliments on its looks. Inside, I have the leatherette seats and they are very comfortable. Steering wheel is wonderful. Driving experience is mixed. Accelerates well in town, but the I-5 struggles when at freeway speeds and want to accelerate to make a lane change or merge. Will go to "S" mode often. Fuel mileage is better than expected on the highway, not so great in the city (this might be because of my city driving habits, frequent stops at businesses). Handling is adequate at best in tight cornering, not assuring. Otherwise, nice ride with new tires I just put on. Did handle one of the roughest Wisconsin winter's on record last year with no issues (did well in snow, ABS was setup just right, heater was great, never any stress starting, never a rattle) and that earned a lot of respect from me. Car feels solid as a brick. Despite some mixed driving experience issues, I really like the car and plan on getting another VW in the future, likely a TDI or turbo depending on price. A nice car to spend a day in."

Great Solid ride, excellent handling & braking

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "solid , safe, great price"

"they say the 2.0 l is slow, I didn't buy this as a Porsche it gets around town just fine and on the interstate it cruises at 80 miles p/hr. with the best of them, and plenty of pedal left, very pleased with the handling& brakes."

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good Looking, stock speakers rock."

Cons: "hard to work on, cheap interior."

"I owned a 2008 Cobalt and I am disappointed I did not look into Jettas sooner. I am very impressed with the handling. I would of liked to see more quality on the inside of the car. I have switches going into my dashboard area and my accessory plug in the back is broke. Great looking car its got sport but it also has luxury. I can't say I haven't got looks while driving it around town. The seats are so comfortable you can sleep in them. I lay back the seats and I am out in 5 minutes. It has not broke down on me yet (knocking on some wood right now). The only thing I am afraid about is the cost of repairs because of the fact not even walmart sells the air filter or windshield wipers for it."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability and reliability of a Diesel engine."

Cons: "Higher maintenance cost."

"I am really enjoying the Jetta TDI. It handles very well in bad weather conditions and it feels like it is bullet proof. One of the downside is the cost of maintenance. It's a little high..."

This is my 9th Jett's and my last jetta.

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cons: "No more vw."

"Had to replace brakes at 37,000 miles at a cost of $400. After owning vw's for so many years I thought they would help me but they blew me off. I usually get at least 60,000 miles out of my brakes, but it wasn't the pads but the brake assembly, which are still rusty. I will never buy a vw product again. I had other problems before this and the dealer took care of it but my family has gone to Honda and they are very service oriented and helpful."