2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,837 - $20,780.

10/7.1

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

solid car, just not big enough...

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Fantastic economy, civilized handling, fun driver"

Cons: "6'+ tall / family of 2+? look elsewhere"

"I still remember riding in the first TDi sportwagen... It was an automatic and I thought - if this thing was a manual, it'd be awesome. Well, in '13 I bought a new manual TDi sportwagen to go with the DSG-equipped '12 sportwagen my wife drives. First of all, let me say that though the cars look the same and sound the same, the DSG and the manual are worlds apart. My wife's car has had zero issues since she's owned it, whereas I have had mine in the shop almost 10 times now. I have only ever driven manual transmission cars - I even joke with people that I "don't know how to drive an automatic". Anyway - for the first year I drove this car, I would stall it at least 10 times every week. I stalled it so much that after taking it to the dealership to complain many, many times, even almost getting into a major accident (or three) from this unintentional stalling, the master mechanic finally agreed with me and they replaced my clutch under warranty. Since then it has worked much better, but the electronic throttle makes "feathering" the clutch very difficult. The mileage on this car is fantastic, I average high 30s ALL THE TIME, and I have gotten as high as 42mpg. Since my family owns a manual and a DSG TDi and I have driven both, I will echo the sentiment of reviewers for other VW DSGs where they say it acts weird under low revs - even with a diesel, it's a bit twitchy ("S" mode fixes this)... On to the interior room - this is the problem area for all VWs in my opinion. The back seat in this car - when you're driving and you happen to be more than, say 6', is non-existent. Couple that with a baby seat (or two), and you're instantly driving one of those u-haul trucks where there's no rearview window due to the BOX behind you. SO - though I am very happy overall with this car, I wish it were bigger inside, OH, and that it was AWD."

Solid, Dependable Car

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Wonderful, clean, reliable car for anyone."

Cons: "Cannot change the time with ease."

"This is a second car for us and have never driven it long distance. It is still under an extended warranty and does not need an oil change til July. I've taken it to be serviced long before it's needed. My husband likes to trade in cars long before there are problems and this car has been so reliable, I really don't want to part with it, but I did see the new ones and got excited about all the new features."

Great, reliable, affordable!

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, peppy, reliable."

Cons: "Jerky transmission, needs bigger engine."

"As long as you keep up on maintenance, this car will never let you down. VW really makes a great vehicle, and if you are willing to deal with the stiff and jerky suspension and transmission (compared to American and Asian brands) then you are going to be very happy."

This VW Jetta has been a fantastic vehicle.

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "The Volkswagen Jetta is a fun car to drive."

Cons: "The seats are not electric."

"This VW Jetta SE has been a fantastic vehicle. It has been well-maintained and is washed and waxed on a regular basis. The majority of the miles has been highway driving. The leather upholstery is in pristine condition"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"We really like the car, but are looking to get something a bit larger as my husband has Parkinson's and is finding it more difficult to get in and out of the car due to less mobility than when we purchased it. We have had it since the Oct. 1, 2012. On road trips we get 50 mpg (diesel fuel) as long as we drive 70 mph or less, and with faster driving generally get 46-47 mpg."