2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,381 - $19,336.

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

Based on 195 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Exceptional German Built Car

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg that delivers snappy peformance."

Cons: "Soft rear suspension and useless center armrest."

"This is my 3rd VW diesel. This car has more zip to it than the 2006. The ride is the same, the interior fit and finish are good. The center arm rest is useless and the rear suspension is soft. However, this is the best Jetta yet in my possession. I am a daily commuter of almost 30 miles one way on the interstate. Consistently 49-50 mpg from this car. I like the leatherette seats. I appreciate the layout of the console, instrumentation and the bluetooth. I could list my few minor faults with this car, but the reason I bought another Jetta was because I had exceptional longevity on the first two vehicles. The 2000 and 2006 Jettas were recycled in the family, the 2000 model has over 200K on it and driven daily, the '06 has 102K on it and is driven by my son in college. My wife loves this car because of the handling. I think it handles as well as her Audi and we just got back from a 600 miles round trip on one tank of gas. For 22K this was a good investment. I do not know if it will last like my other two, but I am also a firm believer your car will last as long as it is cared for, treated well, serviced as needed and keep the daughters boyfriend from gettng behind the wheel. I highly recommend this car for those that want a good, dependable, comfortable commute. The satellite radio is top notch, the seats are firm and supportive, the 6 speed manual is flawless and the turbo is responsive with pleny of zip to it for 50 mpg. Oh, and by the way, my daughters Prius cost us more to buy, has much less room, has fewer options and gets the same gas mileage, sometimes less on trips. And I know I will get 200K out of it, and I dont have to worry about that huge cadmium battery that I wonder if can be recycled at all???"

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Near Prius MPG with Cool Dad driving appeal"

Cons: "DSG transmission takes some getting used to"

"So to start I've driven trucks more often than anything else but recently moved to a much more urban area and couldn't see myself commuting or even parking my 4 door Tundra in this mess. We had been using my wife's 2003 Corolla as the family car when gas mileage was an issue. I had been eyeing the TDI Sportwagen for about 6 months. I wanted maximum cargo space, performance and over 30 MPG. I test drove the Outback thinking I needed AWD because I was replacing a truck. The 4 cycl maxed out at something like 32 MPG (when you're nursing it) and I wasn't impressed with the power. The next day I test drove my TDI Sportwagen. HOLY SMOKES! The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, especially at low RPMs, but when you put your foot in the pedal it does exactly what you want. Doesn't matter what speed you're at either. I recently drove to Texas with my wife and 2 kids, all of our luggage, plus a full size cooler in the back. We even picked stuff up on the way without any issues or luggage racks. I was averaging 39 MPG while doing 9 MPH or more over the speed limit at all times. I nursed it the first 550 miles and got 46mpg but I got tired of being in the slow lane. When I wanted to pass a truck while doing 80, I blew past them with no problem. I had to watch myself a little bit because you can hit 100mph in no time. (I know I'm a horrible person, blah blah) The steering is very responsive, the 4 wheel disc brakes stop on a dime, the diesel engine is quiet and purrs only slightly louder than a gasoline engine. Not like the old school diesels. The Panoramic sunroof was a huge selling point for me. My kids can look at the sky while I'm driving and see things they never could before. It's gianormous. I've never run into an issue where I needed to haul something too large for the cargo space, and I've hauled vanity's, toilets, 7 ft long boards, IKEA boxes, you name it. I'd say the only thing I'm not ecstatic about is a slight buzzing noise coming from the center console that is going to get looked at by the dealer at my 10k checkup. Did I mention that maintenance intervals are 10k miles and are free for the first 30k?"

Good car for the money

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun 6 speed manual with 50 mpg!"

Cons: "Center arm rest too far back and tilted down."

"My parents purchased me a Silver VW Jetta Diesel. It is a 6 speed manual and I absolutely love it. It is a sharp looking car, it has all the friendly green options I love (leatherette seats and 48-50 mpg consistently). I get to go green and this car has acceleration I never expected from a diesel and will leave a Prius sitting in the dirt!!! It has the black interior with black BBS wheels my dad put on it for me. The satellite radio and bluetooth are a blast to own. It has multiple airbags, front wheel drive, stability and traction control, a huge trunk and room for 4 adults. I am in my last year of college and this car is a nice vehicle to drive home in and get around the campus. It looks "expensive" on the inside. Like it is a much higher priced car. It is very solid. And the gauges at night are so cool to look at (red) and I can see out of it very well. This car was not the higher priced VW with all the options out there, and I have the TomTom navigation in place but for less than 24K, my folks couldn't have bought me a nicer car. Everybody at school loves it and I hope I get as many miles out of it as my parents do from their Passat Diesel."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Has alot of power and great miliage"

Cons: "not dependable"

"Purchased this car brand new and have had to have it towed to the dealership 4 times for no start issues. Volkswagen does provide a customer service rep to assist with continued issues with the car. Never totally fixed - given different cause for same problem each time. In addition, the windshield washer pump seized up when car only 1 1/2 years old.(Covered under warranty. Lost all confidence in vehicle - looking to trade in and don't care that I will lose money."

A Great Car

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, roomie, comfortable, quiet, smooth"

Cons: "Small in-cabin storage, vinyl seats"

"I've owned my 2010 Sportwagon TDI for almost 2 years now and couldn't be happier with it. It's not perfect, but overall, it's been a delight to own and drive. My driving is mixed between city traffic and freeway, and I don't think I've ever gotten less than 38 mpg on a tank. Wish there was an upholstery choice other than the vinyl, but it does look like leather, just doesn't breath like leather. In cabin storage is a bit lacking, and the location of the 12-volt power point isn't convenient, but the way the car drives makes up for it. Plenty of power, great brakes, quiet smooth ride.... and of course the great mileage. One could easily get 50 mpg on the highway if speeds are kept below 70, but what fun is that?"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25