2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good Looking, stock speakers rock."

Cons: "hard to work on, cheap interior."

"I owned a 2008 Cobalt and I am disappointed I did not look into Jettas sooner. I am very impressed with the handling. I would of liked to see more quality on the inside of the car. I have switches going into my dashboard area and my accessory plug in the back is broke. Great looking car its got sport but it also has luxury. I can't say I haven't got looks while driving it around town. The seats are so comfortable you can sleep in them. I lay back the seats and I am out in 5 minutes. It has not broke down on me yet (knocking on some wood right now). The only thing I am afraid about is the cost of repairs because of the fact not even walmart sells the air filter or windshield wipers for it."

Most Underrated Car on the Road

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Low-key styling, fit and finish, fuel economy"

Cons: "Bluetooth system, it isn't given to your at birth."

"This is one of those cars where you have to own it to appreciate it and I have through every one of the last 95,000 miles. The Sportwagen is a great mix of everything. The panoramic roof is fantastic and being able to close the shade with the oversized sunroof open is a great pleasure. I opted for the 6-speed manual on the TDI model and haven't regretted it a bit. Fuel economy is excellent, and driving it is a pleasure with a solid and safe feel. In regards to technology, there is just enough of it. The touchscreen radio is included with or without navigation. Nav isn't worth getting these days as our smartphones typically have superior navigation to any car system. Using a smartphone with the bluetooth system however isn't exactly a pleasure. The ambient noise on the handsfree system makes calls sound a little distant on the other end and create havoc when using Siri. That aside, streaming bluetooth audio works well and radio is just over the line of "good" in regards to sound quality. If own a Toyota or Nissan you probably will think this car doesn't have enough tech; but at the same, if you own a Toyota or Nissan you also probably shouldn't be allowed to make your own car buying decisions. Interior fit and finish is, for the most part, very good - certainly one of the best for under $30k. The vinyl seats don't look fake and the optional rubber floormats are a perfect fit. Styling overall is very unoffensive. When you show up in a Sportwagen it isn't like showing up in a car, most people won't judge you by it. It's nice, but it isn't flashy and gives off the same vibe as a Ford Explorer - you just kind of 'appear' in it, which is great. On top of everything, it is useful! The seats fold completely flat and quite a bit will fit in there, even more than will fit in a Tiguan. Overall, I have never regretted purchasing this car. The fuel economy is great, the body style is useful and it is just a pleasure to own and drive."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability and reliability of a Diesel engine."

Cons: "Higher maintenance cost."

"I am really enjoying the Jetta TDI. It handles very well in bad weather conditions and it feels like it is bullet proof. One of the downside is the cost of maintenance. It's a little high..."

This is my 9th Jett's and my last jetta.

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cons: "No more vw."

"Had to replace brakes at 37,000 miles at a cost of $400. After owning vw's for so many years I thought they would help me but they blew me off. I usually get at least 60,000 miles out of my brakes, but it wasn't the pads but the brake assembly, which are still rusty. I will never buy a vw product again. I had other problems before this and the dealer took care of it but my family has gone to Honda and they are very service oriented and helpful."

solid driving machine

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "great driver"

Cons: "0"

"pick up is more than enough, highway noise minimal, great handling and braking. I love that tight euro feel."

money well spent

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

"I have a TDi and I get 38-40 mpg combined city Hwy. It is very comfortable and roomy even with a child seat in the back. Large trunk and even the base stereo is good. I would buy another and highly recommend for commuters who car pool or just dont want a small car."

A very good looking car from the outside

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "great exterior"

Cons: "no frills interior"

"To make this car more affordable, changes were made with the steering, brakes and throttle. After driving an older version of the Jetta for 7 years these are some noticeable differences. However, I still feel it is a solid car."

Good entry level german car

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Great driving feel. Powerful engine."

Cons: "City driving means low mpg's. Not so well equipped"

"Car feels very good on the road. Interior is "plain" because it is lacking some "standard" features on other cars like the trip computer. If you want all the gadgets you need a higher trim like the SEL or the GLI instead of the Jetta. Steering feel is loose. Overall pleased with my purchase. Have it since new in May 2011 and other than a new battery installed recently, i have not have any problems whatsoever. Maintenance have always been on time. Currently have 49,195 miles. 2011 Jetta SE with Convenience and Sunroof Options price should be lowered."

Amazing. I get 40+mpg in town.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Amazing versitility, solid build, DSG tranny's A++"

Cons: "replaceing cabin air filter a little inconvienent."

"Well built, very comfortable. Drove 7400 miles in the second month I owned it and it was flawless in every objective metric. Subjectively it exceedes my expectations! Great car for a family of 4. The way the back seat folds flat alows it to double as a van with all the space available. Would definitely recommend and will purchase again if I happen to outlive it."

Very good value for money. Fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"Engine response excellent. High crowd appeal. Comfortable and fun to drive. Very fuel efficient. Excellent interior design and safety features. Low maintenance cost"

Great vehicle under 25!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Good price for what you get and safe!"

Cons: "Not very fast and the exterior looks decent!"

"I purchased this car brand new and have no regrets whatsoever other than not including a navigation system!"

Great Value overtime

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"Cool ride! A little noisy on the freeway.. overall I would buy it again!"

Why 2.0 ltr?

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage of the smaller 1.7 turbo charged motor"

"I bought the 1.7, 170 HP version and get upper 30's at 65mph and even had over 40mpg at 55mph. The average is upper 30's between town and Hyway driving. More than 30 in town. The power of the smaller turbo charged Audi motor is very much more snappy."

Average, not as great as I thought it would be.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive. keyless entry, fast"

Cons: "Expensive. Mostly Manual operation"

"Almost sorry I got this car. It is just an average car. It is expensive for an average car. I have been a Honda Accord owner since 1993. I decided this year I wanted a change and decided on a Volkswagon. The Jetta is not equivalent to the Honda Accord it would be closer to the Civic but Volkswagons Price is High for what you get. I am spending so much more for something so average. I have had the A/C break. The gas cap blew off in car wash. The dealer said you should "wash by hand" not realistic in winter. The power plug stopped working in all outlets. I am as disappointed with the service as I am with the car. The things I like about it are keyless start, entry and lock. The Bluetooth is bad no one can hear me through it. I have to take the Bluetooth off and risk talking on the phone for most of my calls. The features are much more manual than most new cars on the market today in this range, however the price very high for what you get. I won't get another one."

Prestine condition

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

"2011 Jetta, Volkswagon, low mileage, definitely looks like new, completely checked out by dealer, A-1 running order, serviced by dealer. Outstanding value..."

THE BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "FUEL MILEAGE, FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I DRIVE 104 MILES A DAY, THIS CAR GETS THE BEST FUEL MILEAGE, IT AVERAGES 48 TO 53 MILES PER GAL EVERY DAY, I FILL UP ONCE A WEEK WITH AROUND 12 GAL OF DIESEL AND DRIVE UNTILL NEXT WEEK I BOUGHT THE TOP OF THE LINE JETTA,IT HAS A FENDER SOUND SYSTEM, I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW NICE THIS CAR IS,LOTS OF POWER, I WILL BUY ANOTHER WHEN THIS ONES WEARS OUT , IT WILL BE AWHILE"

Very good car, still room for improvements

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "good solid car for the money"

Cons: "road noise and bumps"

"I basically love my Jetta, in spite of its flaws. On the positive side, it feels solid and is roomy and comfortable. My model doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but there are enough for me. I have had zero problems with this car. It handles well enough for me in my daily driving, but can be a little rough going over a bumpy road. My main complaint is the road noise. Also, those black leatherette seats get hot as fire in the summertime. They've taken some mistreatment (spills, mud) but clean up easily and still look great. However, I highly recommend getting some kind of seat covers or cushions since they can toast your bootie when you get in after the car has been sitting in the FL sun for a while."

Great Commuter

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Fun to drive, Solid, Safe"

Cons: "Infotainment, Poor interior quality, Road noise"

"I have had this car for 10 months and drive approx 100 miles per day. The car drives great and the turbo makes a huge difference on the highway when passing. I have been a little disappointed with the interior quality. VW chosen to replace a lot of the soft touch materials I had in my 08 Jetta and replaced them with lower quality hard touch plastics. The car feels cheaper on the inside than previous VWs I have owned. On the plus side this is the best driving Jetta I have owned and I get great gas mileage. I have average 34 in mixed driving and have hit 40+ on the highway. The seats are comfortable but I do begin to notice some firmness after an hour of driving. The car handles great and for the price I have not found a better driving car. The car could use a better bluetooth system and better sound system."

Great car

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "big trunk and backseat, heated leather seats"

Cons: "no sunroof and no automatic headlights"

"I have had Hyundai, Acuras, Volvos and Lexus before this and I am very happy with this car. I will be buying VW from now on. It is a fun car to drive and big. We have 2 little children and no problem on back seat. The trunk is huge took all our stuff to beach trip with no problem. The pickup is great on the 2.5 5 Cylinder engine. I wish I had the sunroof and automatic headlights on my SE but that is all that is missing"

Unexplainable repairs always needed

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system"

Cons: "Endless ridiculous repairs"

"I bought a 2011 VW Jetta SE sedan in November 2012. It had roughly 12,000 miles. Within weeks, service lights went off periodically. The tire light went off, the check engine/get service lights went off. The horn stopped working and needed to be replaced. Then, the driver's side door handle simply failed to work. The door would not open. When I finally opened it, the door would not latch closed again. In addition, when it hit any temperature below 32 degrees F, the doors would freeze shut (no precipitation necessary). I would eventually get a rear door open and have to crawl through the vehicle to get into the driver's seat. Then, my radio mysteriously stopped working. I had to take this car to the dealer a number of times to fix ridiculous problems like this. It has been a continuous disappointment. This car is HORRENDOUS in the snow. The worst ever. Outside of those issues, it has Bluetooth, heated seats, good pickup, and a good sound system. The controls to the music and phone are on the wheel, which makes for safe, hands-free driving. The car has good leg room in the front and good back support. Unfortunately, the random repairs far outweigh the benefits of my nearly-new VW Jetta. I am looking to trade it in ASAP."

My Jetta changed my way of thinking

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "great car for a good value TDI has amazing mileage"

Cons: "missing auto temperature setting"

"I bought my Jetta for the impressive mileage and have almost always had better gas mileage than the sticker suggested. The ride is very comfortable for the long trips, we drive everywhere, and still enjoyable. The navigation system is out of date and can only be updated through VW which is not good. And I wish it had an automatic temperature setting inside, my wife's Subaru has this. But other than those minor things this is the best car I have ever owned and I will continue to support VW for many years."

Perfect mix of sport and luxury

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, classy & sporty"

Cons: "DSG start from stop lags a bit, no HID headlights"

"I was looking far and wide for a mid-sized car that offered premium features at a reasonable price. I knew Jettas existed and I knew GTIs existed... But I didn't know that they had a baby together: the GLI. It has the perfect mix of sport and luxury that really caught my attention. The look is classy and professional with a look of "I can go fast if I want". Also, I've always admired German cars and after now owning this car, there really is something to it. The quality of the build is far and above the competition and you really can tell with the soft-touch interior and the satisfying sound of the door closing (among a long list of other things). I've had the car going on 3 years now and its running just as good as day 1. Unfortunately the 2012 model does not have the enhanced features that I really wanted that are now available in the newer models: HID headlights, LED running lights, electric driver's seat. Also, the DSG automatic transmission acts funny when you give it gas on a slight incline from the stopped position... the response time seems to be slightly delayed. The car handles great, the sport mode is really fun and the gas mileage is pretty decent, especially on highway. I get an average of 27 mpg (22 city, up to 41 highway)... premium gas. The other thing I love about this car is the HUGE trunk space and great rear seat leg room for this "compact" car. I also really like the sound system."

a great all rounder

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "great fuel economy, good handling, spacious"

Cons: "center console intrudes on legroom"

"I've owned this car for 2.5 years and put 47K miles on it, in Indiana, Illinois, California and New York. Overall, this is a great car for many reasons: 1) The fuel economy is very good, even though you pay the extra 10-20% for diesel. I get the EPA numbers, 30 city and 42 highway. On long trips on level terrain, I get 46-48 if I drive 60-65mph, but on average on level and hilly terrains, while driving 70-75, I get the EPA rated 42. 2) The car handles very well. The hydraulic assisted steering is tight at slow speeds, but it still has very good feedback, enabling me to drive confidently on winding roads. There is some body lean on the corners while turning, but I guess it is unavoidable for a car of this size at this price point. 3) It is quite spacious. Not as big as a Passat, but it can easily and comfortable carry four people. It also has a pretty good trunk. 4) The interior is functional, with the essential stuff. It is one area where the car can improve. 5) The seats, however are comfortable, even on long trips. I've never had back problems in this car, even while driving up to 12 hours a day. Overall, I'd highly recommend the Jetta Diesel with Premium Package. This review is for that trim line."

Overall Review

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "appearance, interior comfort"

Cons: "wipers don't stay up, hydrolic clutch noisy"

"The first time I tried to wash the windshield I discovered the wiper blades don't stay up. I called service and they were aware of it as the hood is in the way. Seems like something simple that could have been avoided. I have a 6 speed manual. The acceleration is good however the hydrolic clutch makes a noise that is permanent. Love the interior space. Attention to quality and detail a little disappointing."

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"the best car ever, solid, stable, reliable, BEST MPG ever 47 MPG at 80 MPH @ 600 miles per week Southern California traffic."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen near Honolulu. See local deals