2014 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,619 - $25,788.

Invoice N/A

10/7.4

7.5

Based on 6 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    7.6/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10

Avoid

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"Noisy, rattles, creaks, bad gas mileage, poor build quality."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Loads of fun to drive"

Cons: "Cannot think of anything bad about the GTI"

"If you are in the market for a fun car that can serve as a daily driver and great utility, then this is the car for you. On the freeway it is fantastic, it has the horsepower to get you into a tight fit and do it in a hurry but that is nothing compared to what it can do in the twisty bits, it can corner on rails and has plenty of torque to accelerate through the apex with very little turbo lag. BTW, the max torque shows up at just 1750 RPMs! The seats are great, holds you in place nicely and are very comfortable on long trips. I have the bi-xenon lights that light up the sky! I got as many options as I could up to but not including the leather seats, the plaid is just, well, GTI what else can be said. I also have the six speed manual gearbox, would not have it any other way, it is butter smooth and allows me much more control of the car. I cannot speak highly enough about the GTI, it is for the money, a phenom! The fit and finish is miles above the competition. I looked at the Mazda Speed 3 and the Ford Focus STI, both have some things that are better, but overall, neither comes close to the GTI. If you are considering a new purchase, don't walk, run and get yourself into one of these, you will not have any regrets!"

Love GTIs!

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great handling, comfortable"

"Bought a new 2013 Wolfsburg Edition GTI. My first car was a new 1983 GTI, so it seemed logical to get one 30 years later! Only have 1200 miles, but it has been great. Fun to drive, very comfortable (I'm 6'2"), good looks. Love the feel of the turbo, handling is super. I almost got a TDI for the mileage, but I splurged and got the GTI, even though the fuel cost may be higher. The fun factor is definitely higher!"

Really enjoy driving this car

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"I purchased my GTI in February 2013 and currently have 7500 miles on it. I am really enjoying it. It's less horsepower than my previous car (Saab) but very fun to drive. The turbo helps and it has really nice steering and handling. It hugs the road and feels very stable taking turns at higher speeds. The interior is also very nice - the red stitching and plaid seats give it some personality. Two features that I think should be standard on this car but are not include - radio controls mounted on the steering wheel and automatic climate control. I miss both, particularly the steering wheel mounted radio controls. That being said, I could not be happier with this car."

A blast to drive, but missing some practicality

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, freeway performance, gas mileage"

Cons: "Wind noise, not very practical, on the small side"

"It was between this GTI and a GLI. I went with the GTI because I figured I could fold the seats down and have all this space. Well, if you have more than 1 person, it becomes harder to fold the seats down and keep people comfortable. I previously had a Passat, and that had tons of room. My GTI is a blast to drive, its just like a go-kart, and I get great gas mileage. But ultimately it's missing practicality, bragging ability, and is a little small for me (I'm 6'2"). It was fun while it lasted, but I'm slowly looking for a replacement. But it is a ton of fun!!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10