2011 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

My favorite GTi

By on Friday, April 15, 2011

"This is definitely the best GTi yet (my 3rd one). Interior quality is still top notch, handling is great and good mpg (getting 32). It may not be the fastest car around but with a few changes I have mine dyno'd at 260hp. Much better now, feels like the old VR6. The upcoming R should get you that stock. Mechanically it has been solid (20k miles)- better than the 2007 I owned. My understanding is the new 2.0 TFsI has a timing chain vs a belt so long term reliability should be promising. This engine wins awards year after year. I've had one electrical issue (dome light) and the armrest broke but quickly addressed by the dealer. Car is quiet(er) than previous models and the new interior is every bit as good as more expensive cars I looked at. Dynaudio sound, bluetooth steering wheel controls are a bonus. Seats are great and hold you well but get a little uncomfortable on long (12hr) drives. Then again maybe i am getting older. Save the $$ and get a GTI. Best car you can buy under $25k."

Best GTI Ever

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I have owned many VWs, GTIs, a TDI, and a regular golf. This 2010 GTI is by far the best VW I have ever owned. The car is very quick around town for doing 'Stoplight Grand Prix' which is great for urban driving. The car handles great for being front wheel drive (less than optimal for handling), its quiet at crusing speeds, and is frugal with gas when I keep my foot out of it.. Oh, and the DSG transmission is absolutely AMAZING!! I have always prefered 3 pedal cars, true manuals, but with this DSG, I am a convert. Can be driven like an Automatic (which it is NOT), or can be controlled manually and shifts are lightning fast with an awesome rev-matched burble. It NEVER gets old. The leather seats hold you in tight during corners. The Dynaudio Stereo is good, not great, but is good enough that I don't need to upgrade."

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

By on Monday, April 11, 2011

By on Monday, April 04, 2011

Complete package

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"Every garage should have a gti ! Mine is a two door base model with the 6speed manual and I love it. Yes, the dsg is faster ( and more expensive ) but the manual is much much much more enjoyable and trouble free. For someone who is looking at buying a civic (si) or something similar , just stretch and go for the vw gti . You won't regret it. Fit and finish and build quality is beyond description. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it ! ( p.s. Try and get the amazing xenon light package they have. Well worth the extra money )"

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

Best value for $$ possibly ever

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"For the $ this car can't be beat. (I am over 40 by the way)The interior looks and feels like an Audi, it's one of the best handling front-wheel drive cars in the world, and it is actually pretty fast (~6.1 0-60 w/DSG). I have always been a standard trans guy, but the DSG is unbelievable. It's nice to let the car shift in traffic, but be able to take control when necessary. This is NOT a Tiptronic transmission, it is a true automated manual, like Formula one cars possess (and Bugatti Veyron, which VW makes). The brakes are fantastic, although eventually I will upgrade to stainless steel lines. I have the 18" wheels with summer tires and they grip magically (I put on 16" alloys w/dunlop winter sports for the winter, drives great in snow, it is a golf, although a bit low for deep snow). The seats and steering wheel are superb. I have the leather sport seats, which some people apparently don't like, but I love them, great for my herniated disc. On top of that, 32 mpg on the highway consistently, 26-ish when beating on it and it can fit 5 people, 4 comfortably. And it is reliable. Plus it doesn't look like a 14 year-old boy on acid made it in art class like its main competitors. It is essentially a front-wheel drive Audi/Porsche for under $30,000. $20,000 if you buy a year-old cert. preowned one as I did. There's more, but you get the idea. I would say drive it if you can."

Better than Honda Civic SI

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Hard to give a reliability number since I've only had this car for 8 months, but paint chips very easily. Performance is excellent, ride is good, mileage is good (about 28-29) if you stay off the boost. Car is relatively quite yet has good exhaust note. Cargo area with seats up is small and travel with two golfers would be impossible unless at least seat is down. With seats up I still have to remove my driver to fit my medium size golf carry bag. Fit and finish is high quality for this price, audio is good."

My favorite car ever

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I have 12,000 miles on my 4 door GTI and I can honestly say this is my favorite car I've ever owned. The car is fast (not blazingly fast) but it's strength comes from the handling which is an amazing blend of comfort and excellent corning, design - everything is laid out well and so attractive, and economy as I'm averaging 30 mpg in city driving. My biggest cncern is that I love driving it so much I'll likely rack up tons of miles! My advice is buy one, as the reviews you have likely read in Automobile Magazine, Car and Driver, etc are not wrong!"

GTI

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Seats are way too hard. Performance is very poor my 2011 golf tdi feels faster than it. way over priced definitely would not recommend to a friend!"

By on Sunday, October 24, 2010

nice one again

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"I traded 2008 Rabit and got 2011 gti 4dr. Still under 1000 mile, still like it alot. Love handling conners. I got manual shift, it is a supper fun. Bluetooth and Navi is pretty easy to use and buttons of steering is also handy."

I like driving again

By on Thursday, July 29, 2010

"I really like my 2010 GTI. It is practical, quick and a ton of fun to drive. Handling is great. It corners flat and steering is tight but not at all heavy and feedback is good. The 2.0L turbo has no lag, and above 3500 rpms it is nice and lively. The 6 speed manual is nice, not super smooth but works well. Xenon headlights are sweet. The velcro cargo mat is genius. I have the 4 door which actually allows enough room for 4 adults."

2010 GTI w/DSG Automatic

By on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

"After you read my review you are all going to think VW paid me to say this: Nothing could be farther from the truth. I bought my 2010 GTI 2 dr in Candy White w/DSG paddle shifter-equipped Automatic. This car is sleek, stealthy and a head-turner when freshly washed. I make up excuses daily to drive it as frequently as possible. This little hot hatch is truly fun to drive. The turbo is responsive & the shifting is absolutely spot on when using the manual mode. It handles superbly, reminiscent of a souped up go-kart. The exhaust note is just perfect as is the sound eminating from the resonated airbox under the hood. I can't get good gas mileage w/this pocket rocket. It's impossible to drive conservatively in this bundle of german engineering. Fantastic job VW!!!!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next