2011 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Very nice and comfy little car

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and comfortable"

Cons: "Price near 30K"

"I have a 2011 GTI Autobahn DSG 4-door in white. I think this is the best color for this car. I am very impressed with its driving dynamics/performance and comfort (for 4). I say this because I am comming out of a Mercedes Benz S class. What this car is, it's economical, well built, roomy, good acceleration/performance and with that said, a ton of fun to drive (just took it up in the mountains and no one could stay with me)."

Best GTI Ever

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I have owned many VWs, GTIs, a TDI, and a regular golf. This 2010 GTI is by far the best VW I have ever owned. The car is very quick around town for doing 'Stoplight Grand Prix' which is great for urban driving. The car handles great for being front wheel drive (less than optimal for handling), its quiet at crusing speeds, and is frugal with gas when I keep my foot out of it.. Oh, and the DSG transmission is absolutely AMAZING!! I have always prefered 3 pedal cars, true manuals, but with this DSG, I am a convert. Can be driven like an Automatic (which it is NOT), or can be controlled manually and shifts are lightning fast with an awesome rev-matched burble. It NEVER gets old. The leather seats hold you in tight during corners. The Dynaudio Stereo is good, not great, but is good enough that I don't need to upgrade."

The GTI....

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "interior, style, solid build, fun, fun to upgrade"

Cons: "factory perf rating"

"These are great cars, fun to drive and build quality is excellent. Sure the WRX and EVO may have better performance ratings, but the interior quality on those cars are sub-par. Besides, there's a quick fix to that performance 'issue'. While from the factory, the GTI has enough pep and zing to make you smile, but take a quick trip to your nearest APR store, pay $600 for a CPU upgrade and boooooom.....you can now watch the WRX in your rear view."

Like a "tank"

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "really fun to drive, easy to park, great on gas,"

Cons: "Interior center console somewhat useless"

"I know it is a compact but once you drive one you will understand. This car feels more solid than my SRT8 Challenger at speed (90+mph) on the interstate it does not get pushed around. Mine gets a average of 29mph driving the car somewhat spirited. I kick myself for not buying one eaarlier in life."

Great First Car!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficient, good value for money, sporty"

Cons: "Rattle in trunk"

"This is my first car ever. It is probably one of the best cars under 30k on the market. It has great performance but it does not sacrifice fuel efficiency. Had a problem with the trunk not latching and had to get the spring replaced. But all around great car."

Best. Car. Ever.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "Cruise control button location"

"I just got a GTI 4 door model in Carbon Steel Grey Metallic a few days ago and i already have about 160 miles on it. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE. THIS. CAR! The acceleration is great and the sport seats really hold you in when you make turns. The car just feels super high quality when you are sitting in it. i also love the DSG transmission because it shifts gears before you can even blink. If you're in the car buying market, TEST DRIVE A GTI!"

BEST CAR I HAVE OWNED - BUY ONE!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfort, features, looks, mpg"

Cons: "none!"

"I love this car and have nothing but great things to say about it. More than any other car I have owned (Plymouth, Chevy (2), Pontiac, Lexus, Toyota (2), Mitsubishi), this car is hands down the most fun. It has good power, great handling, and appealing looks. The interior has loads of space and amazes me everytime I go to the grocery store. It is also extremely comfortable with nice amenties and a very well laid out interior design that obviously came from Audi's shelves. I have not had a single issue or concern, and my servicings have all been free thanks to VW's Carefree Maintenance promotion. On top of all that, I get over 30 mpg! If you are considering this or any other "hot hatch," economy car, or even small sports car, you need to test drive a GTI. To say it in less than 10 words: I would definately buy this car again."

Want a small reliable compact car, this it it!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Drive, gas mileage, dealer service. Fun to drive!"

Cons: "None that I have run across so far in 1 1/2 years."

"As someone who has always owned SUV's for full-size pickups, this was a BIG change for me. My initial selling points on the GTI were horsepower, great gas mileage, fun to drive and comfort in ride (I'm over 6 ft. tall). Only the GTI hit it on all these marks. I didn't want to trade the horsepower I had in previous vehicles, but I wanted great gas mileage that you get in a small car. The GTI was about the only one that didn't trade one for the other. My initial relationship with the selling dealership was disappointing, but my experiences with my local dealership in Knoxville have been excellent and I expect my next vehicle purchase will be a VW from them. They have provided excellent and friendly service and advice. If the GTI is too much for your budget, seriously consider the Rabbit/Golf as a second option with a few features removed."

Great Car with a few odd, infrequent issues

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "very fun to drive, practical uses, and spacious"

Cons: "difficult to use the power outlet in the front"

"I've owned this car since April 2010 and bought it new (2010 2-door, 6pd manual transmission). I've had one serious issue that was covered under my 3-year/36,000-mile warranty. The major issue was the electronic door module on the passenger-side failing. The expense would've cost me over $800 for parts/labor, but it was covered under the factory warranty since it occurred at 13,500 miles. The other issues (common issues like the rear windshield washer fluid leak and the interior vent issue - fixed with zip ties and is not visible) were also covered under warranty. Extremely fun to drive, plenty of useful standard equipment and quality build of this machine is fantastic. The gas mileage is observed to be 30-31mpg on the highway (but i do have a roof rack for a bicycle...and it generally reduces it by 2-3mpg). Overall i'm getting just over 26mpg with my combined city/highway. It's still quite responsive, quick, and with it being a hatchback, it's very practical. The power outlet is a bit difficult to use and there is a slight lack of storage, but i do not find that to be a big deal."

I so love my GTI!!!!

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "Styling, great price, build quality, fun"

"I've had my GTI for about 7 months and I absolutely love it. I traded in a 2007 350z for it, and before the Z, I had a BMW 5 series. I would take my GTI over either. This GTI is so much fun to drive. It has plenty of room for passengers and/or cargo. It's quick enough (and then some) for every day driving. It has great handling and I absolutely LOVE the styling!!! If I had to select my favorite part about the exterior, I would say the wheels. I just love the appearance and styling of the 18" Detroit Rims. As for the interior, I would choose the steering wheel. It has a very expensive/quality feel/look of leather and stitching. Love how it is accented at the 10"