2011 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

MY Favorite VW I've owned to date!

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pros: "Blast to drive, mileage, leather seats"

Cons: "Dynaaudio sound system"

"I have owned several Jetta's over the years, however, when I looked at the 2011 Jetta's what a disappointment. I decided to look at the GTI, test drove it and fell in love. I have the 2011 4DR Candy White Autobahn 6spd GTI. I absolutely LOVE it. The handling, comfort, mileage, style, and feel are amazing. My only slight complaint is the Dynaaudio sound system is subpar considering I spend $31K on this car. They really need to improve that part. Drive it you will get it!"

My Favorite Car

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "speeding tickets!"

"The GTI is the most fun I have ever had sitting behind the wheel of a car. The car is just amazingly balanced - from acceleration to handling, it's just perfect."

Affordable sports car.

By on Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive , interiors ( design and practicality) , Fuel economy."

Cons: "Not too comfortable, audio system could have been better."

"I have a Manual 2 dr GTI. This is my first sporty car and i couldn't have made abetter choice. The engine revs to 6200 rpm and makes a strong and beautiful noise. The interior is the best i've seen in any sub 25k car. My phone connects to the car when i step in . The steering wheel looks and feels very good. I get about 30mpg on average."

Great car!

By on Friday, May 06, 2011

"great all around car, very nice interior quality (espcially with the autobahn package). Loads of technology for the price range (love the cornering xenon headlights). Dynaudio sound system is very nice for the pricerange of the car. This car is very fun to drive and has amazing handling and has a good amount of power as well. The GTI is in its element on twisting country roads where its power and handling really shine through. This car is not designed to make you a "stoplight hero," its main purpose is to deliver a smooth ride with superb handling combined with the practicality of a hatchback. Also it does what ANY good German car does which is to make 90mph feel like 55mph. 6spd manual is incredibly smooth and loads of fun to drive. VW has done an excellant job with the mk6 (my first GTI) however one styling element that NEEDS to be incorporated into the US spec models are the LED tailights (Cherry Reds) available at ECS tuning) which are only found on the Euro spec GTI's (Which made me have to spend $700 to get a part that should be standard on ALL GTI's). As I said though this is a very nice car all around and of course delivers the sought after German car quality and performance for a very low price. If you have not gone German before and this is your first German car I highly recommend it to you due to its superior build and ride quality."

My favorite GTi

By on Friday, April 15, 2011

"This is definitely the best GTi yet (my 3rd one). Interior quality is still top notch, handling is great and good mpg (getting 32). It may not be the fastest car around but with a few changes I have mine dyno'd at 260hp. Much better now, feels like the old VR6. The upcoming R should get you that stock. Mechanically it has been solid (20k miles)- better than the 2007 I owned. My understanding is the new 2.0 TFsI has a timing chain vs a belt so long term reliability should be promising. This engine wins awards year after year. I've had one electrical issue (dome light) and the armrest broke but quickly addressed by the dealer. Car is quiet(er) than previous models and the new interior is every bit as good as more expensive cars I looked at. Dynaudio sound, bluetooth steering wheel controls are a bonus. Seats are great and hold you well but get a little uncomfortable on long (12hr) drives. Then again maybe i am getting older. Save the $$ and get a GTI. Best car you can buy under $25k."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next