2011 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Over 35 or have back problems, DON'T buy!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "maybe fun to drive, but not worth back issues."

Cons: "extremely small and tough gettin in and out of."

"I purchased this car along with another VW. This car has bucket seats and about a month after purchasing I began to have back issues. This car is so uncomfortable it's not funny, and after trying time after time to resolve this issue with VW, I have to trade it in."

Not a reliable car

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior, good option selections available."

Cons: "Completely unreliable."

"I've owned this car now for two years. Starting around 30,000 miles, it began having problems with misfires and fuel consumption. Now over three separate visits, it's been in the shop for move than three weeks total (1 bad timing chain, 1 bad fuel injector, and not sure what today's fun will be). Fuel consumption on the car went from around 30MPG on average to 23MPG following the second round of maintenance. Worst part is that the misfire issue robs engine power, and usually happens just as you're merging/accelerating in traffic, with dangerous results."

great car fast fun and great on gas

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "fun fun and fun"

Cons: "Not sexy looking."

"Well made car from Germany. Fast ,fun to drive ,easy around town or fast on the twisties.Zero to sixty in 6.5 seconds."

wouldn't buy another vw

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "beautiful interior quality parts fun to drive"

Cons: "unreliable"

"my car and i have a love/hate relationship. i love the interior and with the ecu upgrade it gives it lots of usable power. I've owned the car for just over a year though and its been back to the dealerships for countless reasons. at about 20k the water pump needed to be replaced and about 5000 miles later there was a problem with the alarm not shutting(still don't know why). at 40k a 40k service (plugs coils replaced oil change and filters) was done at 52000 miles the car broke down twice due to a carbon build up in the intake block due to faulty plugs and coils($1200 later) car still misfired and i ended up replacing the coils with upgraded r8 coil packs. i drive many miles everyday for work so it being comfortable and fun to drive is a plus but sitting in service all the time isn't worth it. i will not be buying another volkswagon. oh and its for sale=) great car you buy nowww"

From Japanese to German, what a difference!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Handling, horsepower, comfort, fuel economy"

Cons: "Parts and service can be expensive"

"I had a Toyota Matrix, based on the world-famous Corolla. Very reliable but a soul-less cheap basic car that was lacking in so many ways. Funny thing, though, I had no idea how aweful the Toyota was until I drove a GTI. Perhaps aweful is not fair. The Matrix is a good car. But the VW is so much more. And you pay for it. My used GTI cost twice that of my used Matrix. And worth every penny. What a joy to drive. Quiet, refined, really quick. Everything is high quality and you can see and feel the design effort that went into it. Easily the best car I have ever owned."