2010 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Complete package

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"Every garage should have a gti ! Mine is a two door base model with the 6speed manual and I love it. Yes, the dsg is faster ( and more expensive ) but the manual is much much much more enjoyable and trouble free. For someone who is looking at buying a civic (si) or something similar , just stretch and go for the vw gti . You won't regret it. Fit and finish and build quality is beyond description. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it ! ( p.s. Try and get the amazing xenon light package they have. Well worth the extra money )"

BEST value of its price range

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Value, Handling, Refinement, Total Package, FUN"

Cons: "FWD, Clutch is not lasting"

Typical Florida Afternoon

"The interior is amazing, and with little maintenance can be kept to amazing quality. 6000 miles so far with little deterioration. It's truly a beautiful car. Mine is Candy White 2-door, and I just stop and stare whenever I see her. Looks even better and aggressive with the Euro Plate (mine says "DAS TURBO".) The handling of this car is amazing. I live part year in the country-side of Maryland and this thing has very high limits. I own and drive a 2006 Mustang GT and 2008 Acura RDX, and this hot hatch kills them overall. The GT accelerates faster but the GTI is much funner. So nimble, it goes where you want it, it's well planted to the ground. The acceleration is quick, it doesn't take long before you realize you're already exceeding the speed limit. The stick-shift on this car is incredibly fun and rewarding, everyday I am excited to drive it. The overall package is so amazing, refined, engineered, and best off, if you're looking for more, it's easily available. Just a few reasons it won Car and Driver's top 10 cars in every year of its MK6 production."

My video

Typical Florida Afternoon

0-60

Who needs an SUV?

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Value for the money, mileage, performance"

Cons: "No steering wheel radio controls, option packages"

"Long been a fan of the GTI, since driving a Mk1 version owned by a friend of mine in high school, but never got around to buying one, until now. I have a 6-speed manual 4-door with no sunroof. For 23k, I can't believe the quality and feature content. Bluetooth, power everything, Sirius radio, 18" rims, turbo motor, metallic paint are all built into that price. It feels at least as well built as the Mercedes C-Class I sold for it. Materials are top notch. Unlike some earlier editions of the GTI, the MkVI is built in Germany. No obvious cost cutting. The car has a powerful and torquey motor that averages 26 MPG. Suspension and steering are tight, making the car a blast to drive. Versatility? Outstanding. The car can carry a ton of cargo and has a very tall liftgate for moving things upright. Rear doors open wide, which would make it easy to load children and pets. Hence the title of my review. Who needs a wallowing land yacht SUV when you can have this for much less money and a much greater fun factor? Overall, outstanding effort by VW. Great car!"

Better than Honda Civic SI

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Hard to give a reliability number since I've only had this car for 8 months, but paint chips very easily. Performance is excellent, ride is good, mileage is good (about 28-29) if you stay off the boost. Car is relatively quite yet has good exhaust note. Cargo area with seats up is small and travel with two golfers would be impossible unless at least seat is down. With seats up I still have to remove my driver to fit my medium size golf carry bag. Fit and finish is high quality for this price, audio is good."

Excellent Car

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, well built, practical"

Cons: "Sluggish when driven on auto (Drive) mode"

"I purchased my VW GTI new in 2012, initially with some apprehension, since it was my first VW. The car is now about 18 months old and so far, it runs very well. Fun to drive, well built and relatively comfortable. One of the features I like most, is the DSG transmission which combines the good performances of a manual transmission with the ease of use of an automatic. Probably the best car I ever owned. Highly recommended to those seeking an affordable sporty car which is not too punishing, well built and practical."

Pretty awesome

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Value driving anc commuting pleasure, practical"

"For roads in my area it is as much car as you can put on the road sanely and still have fun. I came from a much higher horsepower rear wheel drive car and dont miss it. I could never get out of second gear without risking lives and freedom. The gti is a near perfect driving machine. I have to deduct points for front wheel drive and the weight bias that causes, It is just a perfectly balanced "i live in the real world" car. just drove on a 2000 mile round trip journey. Comfortable the whole way; averaged 38mpg on the highway and it carried all my stuff perfectly. Dont know where the epa gets its ratings... I cant get it to run below about 28mpg if im out hitting the curvy roads like a hooligan all day."

Most fun car ever!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, luxurious"

Cons: "Brother that is 6'4" has some room issues"

"You can't ask for a car that mixes business with pleasure better! It has great fuel economy and great performance. It looks great - very sharp lines. The interior is luxurious and roomy. The hatchback offers versatility for hauling things around and is great for dogs. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants to have a fun, practical car that also has the finishes of a luxury brand."

Great fun car!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. great quality of build."

Cons: "Expensive for a small car. lots of computer bugs."

"I love this car but i will say be prepared to be in the shop often with any Volkswagen. when i purchased the car i had nothing but problems with it stalling. after going back and forth with the dealer they finally figured out it was a software update. after that i have had no problems. It was frustrating that they had the car more then i did though!"

Great to drive

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, DSG transmission, Styling"

Cons: "Needs a longer 1st gear. ESP a little aggressive"

"I've had this car for 2 years now and Handles better than any Car I've ever owned. I would buy another (I may upgrade to the Audi A3 (which is the same car) in a few years when my Payments are done, just because I like the Audi Styling a little better. I average about 28 mpg city/hwy driving and on 100 mile trips I do during work I typically get 37mpg if I can say off the gas and keep it around 64 mph. The DSG twin-clutch transmission is wonderful, shifts blisteringly fast. My only complaint with the DSG is if you use the Sport Mode Automatic it will typically hold 1st gear about half a second too long, but a manual shift corrects that."

Awesome in almost every way

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "Performance, build-quality, handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "Awkward manual climate control"

"I wanted a smaller, more fuel-efficient car that is fun to drive and a hatchback. I drove them all. Hands-down, this is the best. There are others more powerful, and some less money, but the GTI provides the best combination of positive features, and without a doubt is the most refined, in terms of build quality, quality of materials, and engine performance. The only options I would add the next time are built-in nav and fully automatic climate control."