2010 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Complete package

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"Every garage should have a gti ! Mine is a two door base model with the 6speed manual and I love it. Yes, the dsg is faster ( and more expensive ) but the manual is much much much more enjoyable and trouble free. For someone who is looking at buying a civic (si) or something similar , just stretch and go for the vw gti . You won't regret it. Fit and finish and build quality is beyond description. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it ! ( p.s. Try and get the amazing xenon light package they have. Well worth the extra money )"

BEST value of its price range

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Value, Handling, Refinement, Total Package, FUN"

Cons: "FWD, Clutch is not lasting"

Typical Florida Afternoon

"The interior is amazing, and with little maintenance can be kept to amazing quality. 6000 miles so far with little deterioration. It's truly a beautiful car. Mine is Candy White 2-door, and I just stop and stare whenever I see her. Looks even better and aggressive with the Euro Plate (mine says "DAS TURBO".) The handling of this car is amazing. I live part year in the country-side of Maryland and this thing has very high limits. I own and drive a 2006 Mustang GT and 2008 Acura RDX, and this hot hatch kills them overall. The GT accelerates faster but the GTI is much funner. So nimble, it goes where you want it, it's well planted to the ground. The acceleration is quick, it doesn't take long before you realize you're already exceeding the speed limit. The stick-shift on this car is incredibly fun and rewarding, everyday I am excited to drive it. The overall package is so amazing, refined, engineered, and best off, if you're looking for more, it's easily available. Just a few reasons it won Car and Driver's top 10 cars in every year of its MK6 production."

My video

Typical Florida Afternoon

0-60

Who needs an SUV?

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Value for the money, mileage, performance"

Cons: "No steering wheel radio controls, option packages"

"Long been a fan of the GTI, since driving a Mk1 version owned by a friend of mine in high school, but never got around to buying one, until now. I have a 6-speed manual 4-door with no sunroof. For 23k, I can't believe the quality and feature content. Bluetooth, power everything, Sirius radio, 18" rims, turbo motor, metallic paint are all built into that price. It feels at least as well built as the Mercedes C-Class I sold for it. Materials are top notch. Unlike some earlier editions of the GTI, the MkVI is built in Germany. No obvious cost cutting. The car has a powerful and torquey motor that averages 26 MPG. Suspension and steering are tight, making the car a blast to drive. Versatility? Outstanding. The car can carry a ton of cargo and has a very tall liftgate for moving things upright. Rear doors open wide, which would make it easy to load children and pets. Hence the title of my review. Who needs a wallowing land yacht SUV when you can have this for much less money and a much greater fun factor? Overall, outstanding effort by VW. Great car!"

Better than Honda Civic SI

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Hard to give a reliability number since I've only had this car for 8 months, but paint chips very easily. Performance is excellent, ride is good, mileage is good (about 28-29) if you stay off the boost. Car is relatively quite yet has good exhaust note. Cargo area with seats up is small and travel with two golfers would be impossible unless at least seat is down. With seats up I still have to remove my driver to fit my medium size golf carry bag. Fit and finish is high quality for this price, audio is good."

Excellent Car

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, well built, practical"

Cons: "Sluggish when driven on auto (Drive) mode"

"I purchased my VW GTI new in 2012, initially with some apprehension, since it was my first VW. The car is now about 18 months old and so far, it runs very well. Fun to drive, well built and relatively comfortable. One of the features I like most, is the DSG transmission which combines the good performances of a manual transmission with the ease of use of an automatic. Probably the best car I ever owned. Highly recommended to those seeking an affordable sporty car which is not too punishing, well built and practical."