2009 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 191 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Old School VW owner

By on Monday, June 02, 2008

"Can I give it 6 stars??? My first GTI (1984) was the best VW I ever owned until I bought my 2006 GTI. I had a few cars in between but this car is undervalued as a used vehicle but rather pricey when you buy new. I drove the Mini and my GTI would smoke it in every aspect! VW is finally back on track with great cars. I love my GTI and hope to get more than 200k miles like my old one."

Love this car BUT...

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"I have had this car barely 2 months, it's the 4th vw we have as of now. It is a great car, but I have had 4 different areas with rattles, have had the stereo replaced and now having multiple issues with the dealership I bought it from (they damaged my car i 5 defferent places) I am to the point where I want a different car, still a GTI, but a different one. I really do love this car, but I must have just received a faulty one."

Awesome 2008 GTI!!!

By on Friday, March 13, 2009

"I researched and drove almost every vehicle that in this cars class and even some considered to be in higher classes (I now question some of these higher classed cars). This car has all the of the quality you expect from a German car but with half of the price tag. Does great in the North East Ohio snow, comfortable enough and had enough room in it to take a 2500 mile trip with wife, 2 kids, and luggage. Handles like it is glued to the road. The feeling you get from the torque in this car is exhilarating to say the least. I am a Sales Engineer and live in my car (already have 24,000 on it after 1 year), and I have never been so comfortable and had so much fun at the same time. I have had this car to 129mph just under the cut off several times and it handled like a dream and still had power left. I have owned 43 cars in my lifetime and this GTI is by far the best car I have ever owned. I frequently travel on the West VA. turnpike through the mountains and have had many try (BMW's, Audi's, TransAm's, Mini's, and a Mazda 3 Speed) but the GTI left them in the dust. The ONLY complaint I have about the car is the bluetooth set up or lack there of from the factory. I added an aftermarket Parrot kit that works great through the stereo but I had to dis-assemble the dash to do it. Other than that I can not say enough positive about it. This will not be my last GTI."

Very well thought out car

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"Take your pick from performance driving to highway cruising to in town driving the GTI does it all then begs you for more. I average 32mpg on the highway and 26 in the city. THe car is fast comfortable and loaded with amazing german engineering. No one ever mentions the self leveling HID headlights that illuminate the entire road and never blind oncoming drivers. The standard features are plentifull and the option list well thought out. Give it a look it deserves that much. The entire VW line up is well thought out."

Most car for the money.

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"If you manage to stay away from the pricey option packages, the GTI is by far the best value for the money in it's segment. Even without the option packages, you get alot for the money. Xenon headlamps, 6-disc mp3, and VW's astonishing dual clutch DSG transimission is only roughly 1K extra. Premium compact build quality, with amazing fit and finish. The interior is fantastic, and is without compare in its segment. Looks-wise VW has done a fantastic job. Personally I will always prefer a sedan/coupe styling to a hatchbacks, but this is the best looking hatch you can buy. I am however loving the versatility the hatchback style provides. Recently moved into a new apartment, and was pleasantly surprised at how much cargo this baby can haul. All my friends are also impressed by the shear amount of legroom/headroom in the back. And thanks to the short overall length of the vehicle, city parking is a breeze. Only problems thus far was an airbag fault, as well as some cold start issues. Other than that it has been fairly reliable. But man on man, what a blast it is to drive. Among the best FWD cars out there, and the turbo 2.0 is smooth and quick. Love the DSG transmission, definitely a great compromise for those wanting manual performance with automatic livability. Now that I've owned a DSG car, I will never buy another traditional automatic ever again."