2009 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 190 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

quick!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"i had mine now for 7 months, i have been at the service dept. 4 times including 5K service. fuel pump relay went out @ 2500 miles, it took them 2 days to fix, multifunction display went out at around 5200 miles, i had to bring it back to shop twice, since dealership screwed up order of the part, i had radio issues too, radio fluctuates in volumen and gets distorted, panasonic radio needed software update. gladly it's just minor bugs and glitches but it is definetively a hassle and my precious time wasted waiting for the car to be fix, and hours if not days without my car. The car is awesome and fun to drive, very fast, quick and grips to the road on tight turns, excellent handling! i'll do another review @ 12 months."

Great car for the value - German quality!

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Great quality, great performance on and off track"

Cons: "A little small for tall people like me"

"I've had this car for about a year - very impressed. The car might have a few miles on it, but it doesn't matter. Runs almost like the new ones I test drove. The MKIV (early 2006 in my case, the late 2006 models are MKV's) model is the best looking design in my opinion, and the 1.8 turbo engine is much better than the 2.0 turbo as well. Has nearly the same power, but much better fuel economy. If you're interested in a GTI I strongly recommend this year. Performance and handling are excellent, the care in building the car is excellent - nothing will fall apart on you like in many other imports from other countries. I would recommend upgrading the stereo deck though - I have a Kenwood DVD deck in mine with Bluetooth and navigation - basically the same type of system that the newer models come with. Only downfall is the pricing - many dealerships want around $12000 for this car - I was lucky and found one at a dealership for $8000."

Everything you'll ever need from a car...

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Not the best in any, but up top in every category"

"Have been driving for ~6 years, and this is an amazing car. Very sporty yet comfortable, very nicely designed interior and exterior, looks small yet very spacious and practical. Recommended for everyone. I've driven much more expensive cars, and this car does 95% of what they do for half the price!"

Fantastic mountain carver

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, efficient on fuel"

Cons: "Could have more factory horsepower, FWD"

"This is a fantastic little car to own and drive. German engineering and quality. Interior is on par with Audi. Makes me happy everytime I get behind the wheel. Great engine with more potential with a tune. Steering feel is tight, linear and very good at communicating the road. Both options for transmissions are fantastic. Try the DSG automatic if you get the chance. 6-Speed manual is top notch also."

Fun car to drive if not a little problematic

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

"I bought my GTI as a year old, 100 miles on the ODO, showroom model. At 25,000 miles, it required a new engine, as the ceramic cylinder walls had burned up and luckily it was under warranty. It would have been 14K out of my pocket if not. Other than that and the fact it does us a lot of oil (local dealership gave me a pamphlet that stated it is normal to "use" a quart of oil every 1200 miles) it is a very fun car to drive. Handles like a roller coaster, even with cheap all season tires."