2006 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Fantastic mountain carver

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, efficient on fuel"

Cons: "Could have more factory horsepower, FWD"

"This is a fantastic little car to own and drive. German engineering and quality. Interior is on par with Audi. Makes me happy everytime I get behind the wheel. Great engine with more potential with a tune. Steering feel is tight, linear and very good at communicating the road. Both options for transmissions are fantastic. Try the DSG automatic if you get the chance. 6-Speed manual is top notch also."

Fun car to drive if not a little problematic

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

"I bought my GTI as a year old, 100 miles on the ODO, showroom model. At 25,000 miles, it required a new engine, as the ceramic cylinder walls had burned up and luckily it was under warranty. It would have been 14K out of my pocket if not. Other than that and the fact it does us a lot of oil (local dealership gave me a pamphlet that stated it is normal to "use" a quart of oil every 1200 miles) it is a very fun car to drive. Handles like a roller coaster, even with cheap all season tires."

50,000 and still love it!

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"I just rolled 50,000 in my 2008 GTI. I've only visited the dealer once outside of regular maintenance visits. This was to repair a piece of door trim that was vibrating from the bass pumped out by the sound system. If I have one complaint it is with the TSI engine that gobbles up oil. This causes no problems outside of needing to keep oil on hand to top it off every 1,000 miles or so. Great car! Great ride!"

A great car

By on Saturday, August 29, 2009

"very fast and fun to drive i love the sound of the turbo"

Da Da Dub

By on Sunday, February 08, 2009

"I really enjoy the Dub!!!!!!! Very solid on the road, good gas mileage, all the creature features one can appreciate. Gas milage is very good, feel and handling are top of the class. I have the DSG and have notice some lag in the transmission. Can try to stall if on an incline in forward or reverse. Hence the neame da,da, dub. But when it catches it will fly. I use the V-dub as a highway car - mainly used for long commutes and it is a pleasure."