2004 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Looks good...

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice on the eye's"

Cons: "Expensive when things break, and they will break"

"I have had this car for almost 5 years now. The car in it's prime was amazing. It was quick for a little 4 cylinder. It looked nice and had awesome features. Almost immediately after the warranty expired things changed. All of the material in the car has become unglued due to the Florida heat. I had to get the roof and door pannels fixed. At 60k miles the turbo started to give me issues. I was able to drive if for a few months before oil began to leak from the turbo. In the end I had to rebuild the turbo. The car looks awesome, but once that warranty expires you're in for some trouble."

Awesome car!

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great, great mpg's for the hp!"

Cons: "Expensive if you cant do maintainance yourself"

"I am a car enthusiast, I have owned many cars in the past few years and rarely keep them longer than a year before I get bored, I have had this car for 2 (almost 3)years and it has been nothing but pleasure, I have read where people say the 1.8T is unreliable and such, I disagree, as long as you perform mantainace when you are supposed to, you will not be let down, mine has a stg2 tune on it (which i HIGHLY recommend), it is quick and an absolute blast to drive, i have put over 30k miles on it since i've owned it (over the course of 2 summers, it never sees snow)and never had any problems. It is quick, it has awesome handleing for a fwd car, and gets good mpg's all while looking good, what more can you ask for?"

excellent choice

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"i have owned my 1.8t for almost three years now and all i've had to do was tires and oil changes. extremely reliable. fast, especially if you throw on an exhaust, intake, and chip"

Never Happier

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"I bought this car new while stationed in Germany, and just rolled it past 75K miles. It rolled with the big boys on the autobahn, providing amazing stability and control up to 130 mph. Back in the States now, I still find it a joy to drive and consider it the best new car purchase I've ever made. It's stylish and comfortable, and provides plenty of trunk space too. Its low profile and ample rubber enable it to hug the corners at high speeds and make running the most mundane errands a heart-pumping adrenaline rush. The Monsoon sound system rocks the leather-trimmed cockpit, and the short-throw, 6-speed manual intimately integrates the driver wih the machine. There is no better bargain in the market."

2005 GTI - ROCKS!!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"The 2005 GTI is a ton of fun to drive and it's very economical - great gas milage and very practical for a daily city driver. I don't recommend it on long drives (more than 2 hours) because the seats are sporty "racing type seats" which are great for holding you in while speeding around corners, but not so great for long traveling. I was always very surprised at the amount of space inside the car and trunk,..I could fit 2 to 3 weeks of groceries in the trunk no problem. I also had no trouble fitting plants, soil, and flowers in the trunk. What else can I say, overall, I love this car. I have a 48 month lease on it and I'm considering buying it before the lease is up,...thats how much i like it ;-) I hope this review has been helpful."