2004 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 260 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

great until you need to do basic maintanence.

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "fuel eco. fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive to have work done"

"Ive had this car now for about 5 years and I enjoy it very much for my basic daily driver.... It has been very dependable so far. The goods: quick- excellent if you do alot of city driving and need to adjel :) good fuel millage- I average 30-32mpg. Fun- the factory recaro seats form to all drivers with many adjustments, and are also heated makes you form to the car making you want to speed all the time lol... The bads: Absolutly the worst car in the winter even with snow tires and EPS ( the brakes pulse in such a way to keep your car out of a skid) more than once it almost got me into an accident. Expensive- very expensive to have ANY type of work done and I do mean any and all! figure double."

Absurdly Great Car for the money

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

"Great engine. Ride height low enough to be sporty, high enough not to scrape every driveway in town. Pros - Engine, Handling, Seats, Stereo, Visibility, Utility, Fun to Drive, Drives like a much more expensive car Cons - adequate gas mileage, every plastic latch has broken and been replaced, clutch and flywheel lasted less than 50k miles"

Owned this car for 10 good years

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great touring car"

Cons: "They don't build this body anymore..."

"This has been a great car. Only issue with it was a power window safety device about a year into my ownership. Dealer recall handled that and it's worked perfectly in the subsequent years since 2003 - and I still own the car. Mileage declined a bit around 100K miles, had some tuneup work done by dealership and now mileage is even better than when the car was new. I guess they reprogrammed the chip or something when they put new plugs and stuff on it. Rubber hoses started to deteriorate at age 10 years so just replaced those too. Ran autocross with car for a year or two and even that hasn't hurt this German jewel! What a value this car has been... I love my heated seats too! Also, I put a hitch on to tow a light trailer with 500 pound moto- no problems. Zero, zip! Great car.. buy one!"

Best German sport aconomic vehicle out there!!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Horse power and style"

Cons: "little space in the back"

"This car has it all....If you like Power,speed, looks and economy then this is your car. I've owned VW all my life and have no complains on none of them, but this one is a step up for VW performance. It has a unique interior design that makes you fill like in a drift/race car and once you start your trip it is so smooth. The turbo charged engine asks nothing to the power of an 8 cylinder and the 6th gear leaves everybody on the freeway with their mouth open! I think Blue Book should bump up the value....just a thought..lol"

Best car I've ever driven!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "fast good on gas. very good looking."

Cons: "none."

"Wow this car is an amazing little 4 cyl very very powerful and fun. great handling. has a great monsoon sound system. People always want to race me with their little Hondas but they cant handle it haha. this is a great car i love it."