2003 Volkswagen GTI

Based on 267 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

Greatest little car ever!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "QUICK, FUN, ECONOMICAL, SUNROOF, HEATED SEATS"

Cons: "Not a thing"

"This car has been awesome! My father in law bought it from the dealer and I've had it now for about four years. It's quick, fun, reliable, and economic. Never any major problems. Easy to maintain. It has everything you need. 6 disc cd changer, a great monsoon sound system, HEATED SEATS. (great for cold mornings) Love the five speed transmission. Makes it so fun to drive and very easy in traffic for a manual transmission vehicle. I would recommend this car to anyone. A great car!"

Too bad they don't make them like this anymore

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"I bought my 03 GTI new with 14 miles on it, 7 years and 300,000 miles later it still drives as it did new...amazing performance with the miles. I drive approx 1000 miles a week for work and as long as you purchase a set of winter tires and wheels you'll be set. I plan to keep it until 400K if possible. Some earlier year models had electrical issue with them. I have had to perform standard maintenance with it...and 4 windsheilds...Great car, can't say enough nice things about it."

2003 GTI January Joy

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Great car for the money if you enjoy driving. Wouldn't recommend it if you're just looking for a car to get around in and you don't plan on driving it as it should be driven. There's the Golf for those who just drive point A to B. My only two problems that I've had are on cold, cold mornings it has a difficult time starting and the O2 sensor has went bad three times now. Love this car."

Little Black Jack-Jack

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I love my GTi it is cute, fast and reliable! I haven't had any problems with my car's performance. The only thing I don't like is the internal peeling of all the plastic, like the door handles, media face and the steering wheel is also peeling. Oh and the little top on my stick-shift that tells me where all the gears are fell off. I know these are all cosmetic things and the really do not effect my overall love for my car! I have owned two Jettas before the GTi and it has more leg room than the Jettas!"

Solid Hatchback

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Fast, nimble, maneuverable hatchback, with tons of cargo space and good styling. I have the 2000 VR6. Mechanically, the car has never broken down or left me on the side of the road. However, being a European car any repairs can be expensive. I've had the car 8 years, and now the little things are starting to break. The rear wiper, side mirror controls, cup holder, etc, have broken, and I've gone through more O2 sensors than I can remember. But the engine is still going strong, and it is still a blast to drive. I average 25 mpg combined city/highway, but this car takes only the high octane gas, so it can be pricey to fill up. Pros: Solid sport hatchback with a (so far) bulletproof engine and great cargo capacity for a compact. Cons: Takes expensive gas, expensive to repair, Back seat is small. Final word: It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it!"

Good pick

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"If you find a nice one with low miles, and dont mind pricey maintainance over the year then deff a good car! not to shabby on gas"

Research before you buy

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Bought this car used and without doing my homework. when i got it everything was more then i could ask for in a car. for a stock car it was fast, the interior is untouchable in its class, handles well and looks nice. after a little while the CEL light came on, which i later found out is a regular issue with these cars. i took it to the dealer and just for them to tell me it was an overly sensitive sensor...it cost me $100. not bad. later on that week the check emmissions light came on. again, took to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong. another $100. this light comes and goes now every so often. lastly my wheel started making a weird noise so i researched and found out my wheel bearings were shot in both front wheels. at the dealer they wanted over $1k. i did it myself for less then $250 including parts. great car all in all just know what you're getting yourself into. not for the avg penny pinching young kid."

Big Bust

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"After hearing about the GTI's performance abilities I decided to purchase one. Loved it at first, but then problems kicked in. Intake manifold had to be replaced at 16,000 miles(four days in the shop), new battery at 22,00 miles, new starter at 34,000, new catalytic converter at 37,500 and the worst...died on me three times with only 61,000 miles. Dealership could not figure out the cause. Three days later got rid of it...I only had it for three years!!!! The car was great when it was running properly, but otherwise a real piece of junk. No more VW for me. It sure left a bad taste in my mouth."

Sporty Ride

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I bought a GTI 6 months ago because of their street rep and my eye for European styling. The VR6 has plenty of power that easily kicks the tires lose in 1 & 2 gear with a chirp in third, but the stability control system can keep this wheel spin under control. The engine has plenty of torque from 3 to 4 thousand though it revs up a little slow. The six speed transmission is a must. The short gears are great for excellarating! Outside and inside I love the clean lines in the cars design. The interior is well built and comfortable. The leather seats, climate control, and seat warmers gives the car a touch of luxury. The GTI's ride is comfortable and smooth. The GTI has style and speed!"

2003 GTI

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, fun, fast, exciting, good mpgs"

Cons: "All your friends ask to drive your car!!!"

"I love every aspect of this car. Best VW ever made in my opinion."